“An oasis in Seminyak”

The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection
Ranked #37 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is a very nice resort hotel, well managed with friendly and efficient staff in a lovely garden setting on the beach.

The hotel is an oasis. The beach is covered in plastic and other detritus the like of which we have never experienced. The surrounding suburb is unattractive and congested and walking on the footpath is unpleasant.

So my advice is to lie around the pool and enjoy the ambience.

Go for dinner at The Teppanyaki restaurant. It is very good value and a lot of fun.

Walk to the right on the beach and go to La Lucciola for breakfast or lunch or dinner. A delightful veranda setting overlooking the sea with an Italian flavour. A must do.

Just outside the gate is Gadogado restaurant. Stylish, good food and service. The wine list is extensive but the prices are ridiculous @ $100+ per bottle.

600 m down the beach to the left you will see a large antenna . There is a cafe on the corner set above the street as a big veranda. Well priced, excellent coffee

1  Thank Hedonist_Australia
theroyalmanager, General Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Royal Guest,
thank you very much for your review and I am very glad on behalf of all Team you have had a very pleasant stay with us. I will pass your compliments to our Staff very soon during our next Employees general Assembly. With reference to the Beach in front of the Hotel since last week we have hired 3 additional team members to make sure the cleaning of the public beach will be improving. This time of the year we always experience negative sea current which leaves a lot of plastic just in front of our beach. I do apologise for it however is a common point among several beach front hotels in Bali.
Thank you again for your comments and looking forward to welcoming you again, i remain
alessandro migliore
general manager

Reviewed February 7, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Tim R
theroyalmanager, Guest Relations Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights and decided to go for their barbecue dinner ( monday nights) on our last night. Suffered bouts of bad vomiting and abdominal pain several hours later. The next morning, the inexperienced F&B manager didnt take my complaint of food poisoning seriously at first and tried to blame it on other things until I told him that I am a medical doctor.

Do not stay here unless you want to end up in the hospital.

16  Thank feizel
theroyalmanager, General Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Royal Guest,

First of all, as I mentioned in my personal email reply yesterday, I am very sorry to hear that you have been feeling unwell during your recent stay with us and that we could not meet directly.

However, I would like insist on the fact that, here at the Royal Beach Seminyak Bali, my team provides a superior service and quality in 3 restaurants where food Safety and security are part of our priorities. Please, be informed that we follow Hygiene rules and policies on daily basis, from the agreements of our suppliers to the service check in term of storage, handling, temperatures and fully documented.

This weekly barbeque buffet is very much appreciated by our guests and we serve an average of 35 covers each time. That night we did serve approximately 25 covers and had no negative feedback however there is always a remote possibility a guest can be sick not because of the food but further to different circumstances.

Furthermore, I am glad to inform you that we are currently almost fully booked with repeater guests in house, who trust our professionalism since many years.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you our superior service.

Alessandro Migliore

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

I went here with my mum for her 60th birthday as a treat and on the first night of arrival the staff stole my iPhone 4s... THE FIRST NIGHT!!!! I don't think they're aware of iCloud having "Find My Phone" cause when I activated it- it was there in the staff head quarters and they still wouldn't give it back to me- not even with my proff seen on the map. The police were just as useless and rude. My advise to you is do NOT stay here- unless you would like your things to be stolen.

• Stayed: August 2013
13  Thank Fooddrinknumber1
theroyalmanager, General Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear distinguished guest,
thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor and I am very surprised this is linked to your last stay nearly a year ago. The said missed item according to your statement was also lost in a public area which is frequently used by several other guests and as well no evidence was found also by the National Police which could lead to any of our employees.
Further to your report to the local Police Office, all our staff in charge in that specific public area has been controlled up to their boarding houses however as said above no evidence was found.
I can understand your disappointment about the lost item and I am sorry about it but we cannot point out at any of our personnel if no evidence is being found.
Thank you for your kind understanding and I hope you can reconsider to stay with us again in the near future.
Warmest regards
Alessandro Migliore

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Overall just okay.
Staff needs more smile and flexibility.
If you know your benefis, they will provide but if you do not say anything. They also close their eyes.
No recognition of Le Club member what so ever.
Stayed two nights there, my conclusion is
one time is more than enough.
Very old room and other facilities.
Especially, bath room needs renovation right away. Many places are rusted and do not want to touch.
There are many other accor properties in Bali,
always choice is yours.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank JJ012
theroyalmanager, Guest Relations Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Royal guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write us your input before your stay on our hotel for your future travel arrangement.

We certainly are sorry for the way you felt this was handled as you experience upon made the direct reservation. I believe we are dedicated to providing the highest level of customer service at all times. Please be assured that my team and I remain committed to delivering the warm Balinese hospitality and optimum quality to create memorable experiences for all our guests.

To accommodate those who would prefer a more traditional Balinese experience, I recommend our Villa with the option private Jacuzzi or Swimming pool attached inside the villa itself, our hotel benefits our guest with 2 swimming pool which one located at the garden area and the main pool attached to the beach behind and surrounding by beautiful garden with an options in our three food and beverage outlets ( Capris, Husk, Teppanyaki ) as well as our varied culinary themes everyday, free shuttle service to drop and pick up our guest to 2 different tourist main spot and back to the hotel. and you may check our daily program with the Guest Service team an existing program in hotel such cooking class and Aqua aerobic and to enjoy our Namaya spa and massage to help restore energy tired from daily activities and many other more we could offer to make your stay more memorable.

Once again thank you for your concern on our hotel, the management and the team are fully dedicated to always focus on growing the customer trust, of which feedback such as the above
and looking to the pleasure of welcoming you in our hotel soon.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Breakfast there was good. Even seen some odd customers with a hotel robe and hotel slipper on at the restaurant.
Stayed there for 3nights and they kept changing password for Wifi everyday. Didn't get a notice about wifi changing until I found out when I had to called them. And it was a slow wifi.

Service of the hotel staff was very good. Got a good suggestion about tour from guest relation desk also a good information about hotel and around from the front desk.

Spend a time at the pool near the beach, one of the two pools, and service was really good. But a food and a drink price was overpriced.
Not noisy at pool even had some kids. And love the idea that they provide activities for guest even I didn't have a chance to join any of it.

I had a good sleep there but didn't like the room much. It clean but quite old. And with the long walk in the hotel because hotel was big and my room was at the end of the walk way.
Garden look old and really need to be improved.
Also the walkway around pool, garden would not fit for the baby cart, wheelchair.

Shower area is way too small when compare to the size of the bathroom.

Don't think I would go back there again. It was not that impressive.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank asparagus01

Dear Royal guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to sharing with us your feedback at the Royal Beach Seminyak Bali.

It is unfortunate to note that you did not thoroughly enjoy your experience and I would like to sincerely apologize that on this occasion our services were not up to your expectations. It is disappointing to note that your experience was not in keeping with our reputation for exemplary service.
I have shared your comments with my Food and Beverage team, rest assured your valuable feedback helps us in this respect.

Thank you for letting us know your thoughts about WiFi connection and I am pleased to inform you that over coming weeks, all our guest rooms will be equipped with individual better performing routers, enabling easy WiFi connections for all our guests. and we are sorry that you faced troubles with that.

However your input is very important to us and it allows us to make the necessary changes in the service we provide and looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again soon in our hotel with better impression.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Haven't stayed there yet but if the worldwide reservation service is anything to go by I am worried. Tried to book through their call centre (routed through Manila?) and got two gentlemen with major attitude, one of which hung up. The only reason I used it in the first place was to give them an opportunity to quote. I ended up purchasing through the 3rd party website.

Granted I will only be there a night but let's see. Look forward to the wonderful Conrad in TB where I have stayed over ten times throughout the years and a terrific few days at Aman in Ubud. My wife like the garden pictures of TRBSeminyak so who am I to say no.

Look forward to being there next week in the world's most awesome island...Bali!

Room Tip: I believe the other posts cover this and all sounds great!
Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
theroyalmanager, Guest Relations Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Royal guest,

and looking to the pleasure of welcoming you in our hotel soon.