“First impression is resort is a little tired”

The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection
Ranked #37 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My daughter and I only stayed here one night after a trip to Ubud. The staff were very pleasant, the gardens were beautiful and they serve a lovely choice for the smorgasbord breakfast. I think the room we stayed in which was the superior double room was a little tired and dated looking. The bed was very comfortable with great pillows but the bathroom was looking a little worse for wear. Hotel is in a good location with SOS rooftop bar and Gado Gado restaurant right next door. I normally stay at the Novatel in Nusa Dua and although this hotel is a lot more expensive to stay at I think the Novatel offers far greater value for money.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kez1955
theroyalmanager, Guest Relations Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Royal guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel through Tripadvisor,

It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a good experience. We are very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the bathroom condition as we are currently in the process of enhancing our general facilities coming future and we apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Rest assured that we will raise the standard of our hotel to be part of one of the ACCOR hotels worldwide.

Once again thank you for your constructive comments and suggestions for enhancement
and looking forward in near future to welcome you back in our hotel with better impression.

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

This was my second trip here. The service and people are outstanding however there were a no of things that went wrong during our stay . Firstly as stated by a previous reviewer my transfer did not show . I had e mailed hotel and had a confirmation . Luckily I knew from reading on trip adviser to grab a cab and that the hotel would reimburse me. Was given an upgrade to a deluxe room 224 but couldn't sleep as air conditioner was ridiculously loud . Changed room next day to 228 was fine although wooden blinds need fixing . One day there was no water in hotel ...toilet didn't work etc . Once the water was back on our toilet was still not fixed . I don't believe in losing my cool but there were plenty of dusgruntled guests as it seemed showers etc were not working . Guests services were amazing and booked restaurants etc . I will definately return as there are no other hotels for this price on the beach in seminyak

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank dani73Melbourne

Dear Royal guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel through Tripadvisor,

We regret to hear about the state of the accomodation and facilities problem inconvenience your stay at our hotel. Thank you for letting us know that the Air conditioner was on maintenance and very sorry it give you troubles in finding your rest cause of the noise.
Furthermore glad to inform you that we are currently in enhancing our hotel facilities to maintain our standar being part of ACCOR hotel worldwide.
Rest assured that the suggestions and feedback have been passed to the concerned team members to improve our service to a higher level.

Once again thank you very much for sharing your review and we look forward near future to welcome you back to our hotel with the better impression

Reviewed December 25, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank jnkb07
theroyalmanager, Guest Relations Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Reviewed December 23, 2013

This hotel is very nice, super friendly and probably one of the few that has some Bali style left. One thing is a real turn off though, and that is the continuous elevator music. It starts at breakfast, and goes throughout the day. Last year we had excellent Balinese music, this year is a disaster. People don't come to Bali to be demoralised by this funeral music! Please change ASAP.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dandyrunnerr

Dear Royal guest,

Thank you for taking the time for your input and suggestions on our hotel through Tripadvisor.

I am sorry to hear that the background song of the lobby and around the hotel area were disturb your comfort and thank you for letting us know about the inconvenience.
Your valuable suggestions have been passed to the concerned department to do the audit cycle for the song balinese to be presented more elegance in the public area.

Once again thank you for your input and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future with the better impression.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We stayed in a 2 brm Villa, which was spacious, clean, and comfortable. We were very well looked after by all staff that we interacted with, and will most definitely stay there again. It's in a beautiful location, right on the beach. We found the hotel to be quiet - no traffic noise. The food in the hotel was excellent. Loved every minute of it!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Sharon A
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in November I found a arrangement of items on my bed when I entered my hotel room a fan sarong hat and a basket and a card of welcome . The room was very comfortable and clean my room was cleaned every day. When they forgot to replenish the toiletries I made them aware of it and a visit from housekeeping followed almost Immediately . The service at the Husk restaurant was incredibly slow and I complained about this The meal I ordered did not come with any vegetables . The management invited me for a complimentary meal the next day That was a more pleasant experience The surrounding site for breakfast were totally relaxing the service was excellent also the staff on reception were always pleasant and efficient . my birthday occurred during my stay and a cake was presented to me at breakfast the pianist played happy birthday on the piano I felt totally relaxed during my stay at this hotel

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 271kevinc
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We got our room as a mystery deal, so when we arrived to Seminyak we were very happy with the resort. Rooms are nice, bathrooms are clean, resort facilities are great and the staff are excellent!
The only negative thing was the food. With the free buffet breakfast, it was OK food. Not the finest. And the dinners and lunch were terrible! Your better off eating in Seminyak. However, for what we paid... the location on the beach is amazing and only minutes from shops etc.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mahaliabm
theroyalmanager, Guest Relations Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Royal guest,

We are glad that you found our hotel comfortable and convenient during your recent visit and
glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great overall experience to share your memorable stay in The Royal Beach Seminyak Hotel through Tripadvisor.

Rest assured we are reviewing to keep update the Restaurant menus as each month we have food promotion which serve different variety kind for the convenience of all our guests to enjoy daily.

Once again thank you for your honest and kind feedback and looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future with better impression

Francischa Tuyu