“i want to come back again”

The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection
Ranked #37 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Excellent service right on the first step into the hotel. Excellent hospitality. Good pool. but not a good weather it was rainy the first and 2nd day there. And make the beach a little bit dirty so it less the comfort there. At first I thought there will be a private beach at Royal Seminyak but it was a public beach over there, It little bit less of my convenience.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Royal Guest,
Thank you very much for for sharing your experience with us on tripadvisor. I's always a pleasure to received such nice comments. We are more than happy to know that you had a memorable time here with your family and feel sorry regarding the weather conditions during your stay.

On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you again for your kind comment.

We are looking forward to making your next stay even better.

Camille Ringeard
Marketing Coordinator
The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali

Write a ReviewReviews (2,883)

Reviewed July 3, 2013

After arriving at 6pm we found only one of our two rooms ready. We also were not provided with the twin room that we requested for our children and were given a double instead. Additionally the hotel was unable to provide interconnecting rooms. We accepted the inconvenience by necessity. However I was most disappointed by my room being placed in front of the cleaners cupboard and early in the morning it is very noisy. As an Accor member who regularily stays at Accor properties we expected better. The reception was only marginal and I felt that there was an inability to cope when the hotel was busy.
Fortunately Breakfast is of a very good quality. The pool deck is a wonderful area to relax. The staff are very friendly as expected in Bali. The location is relatively convenient to restaurants etc and the facilities are good.

Room Tip: Room 243 is noisy and located outside cleaners cupboard.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
theroyalmanager, Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Royal Guest,

I would like to apologize should your experience did not meet your expectation.
At MGallery we provide a superior service therefore your feedback is important for us.
Regarding the inconvenience caused due to the room allocation, I understand your consideration and apologize.
However we are happy to read you enjoy our facilities, breakfast and service.

Again sorry for the inconveniences caused and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you even better in the future.

The Royal Beach management

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had a really nice stay at this hotel. The grounds are beautiful, and being right on the beach is great. Sure, we'd love to have been located on Jalan Laksmana with all the nice shops and restaurants, but this hotel is only a short stroll away and much better value than the luxury hotels around Laksmana. I would definitely return or recommend this hotel to friends and family.

There was a leak in the roof of our room - not big, but "drip drip" annoying at night, and all the other deluxe rooms were full. We were upgraded to a villa with a private pool! This was most unexpected and a total stroke of luck, and really made the whole holiday extra special for us. As it happened, we were coming on this break as the first time I have been allowed to travel after a very serious illness - so this made the trip extra special for us.

The service from staff is very friendly - that goes for every department. The concierge went above and beyond to take my wife's shoes and get them mended at the market near where she lives. My wife loves these shoes and they are comfy, so it was great she could use them on our holiday.

Around the pool, I have two small problems: (1) Guests get up very early and "reserve" sunbeds. My wife likes to sunbathe early, and would leave our room at 7:30 to find towels on the beds, bit nobody would turn up until nearly 11:30. She's sunbathe by herself around a huge pool with (literally) 100% of the beds "taken". This needs to be addressed. I know there is a 30 minute policy around this, but it is not enforced. A staff member at the pool needs to tell people arriving early that they cannot reserve beds, and remove towels if they leave for more than 30 minutes. It's unacceptable.

(2) The pool staff are very slow at taking lunch orders. If you speak to them and ask for a menu, to me that is very clearly indicating that the customer would like to order something. So a menu gets delivered, but if I did nothing proactive then nobody would come take my order. I would sometimes need to get up, go to the bar and order. To me, if someone asks for a menu they intend to order lunch so the process should be to return to the customer within 5 or 6 minutes of delivering a menu. This didn't happen even once. Every time I had to get up to get attention - a small but frustrating thing.

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words and constructive comments further to your stay with us. It's always a pleasure to receive nice feedback.

At MGallery we strive to provide day after day a superior service therefore your feedback is important for us.
I have immediately shared your comment with the concerned team for their follow up.

Again thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
We are looking forward to making your next visit even more pleasant.

Camille Ringeard
The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed 11 nights recently. Hotel has traditional Balinese style gardens and architecture. The gardens and fish ponds are immaculate and cared for with such love by the most polite and friendly gardeners I've ever encountered. Our suite was clean and roomy. The air conditioning worked well which was a blessing in the humidity. The bed was comfy and housekeeping staff went out of their way to find a pillow that my hubby was comfortable with. The buffet breakfast was a highlight, with omelettes made to order and a huge selection that varied daily. The restaurant staff were attentive and efficient despite being very busy most mornings. Dined at Husk three nights, all meals were delicious though a little expensive for Bali.
Location is great for surfing, some interesting shops and eateries within walking distance and plenty of taxis available outside the front gate to take you anywhere for a few dollars. You can have your laundry collected from your room in the morning and returned washed, ironed and on hangers that afternoon for approx. $1.50 per item. Spa was expensive so didn't go.
I'm tempted to stay don't stay here if you have small kids - but that's because I want adults to enjoy the peace and tranquillity there that we did.
We had a ground floor room close to the main pool and Husk. Hardly heard any other guests.

1  Thank Maggie B
theroyalmanager, Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words and taking the time to share your experience with us. We are pleased to know that your enjoyed our facilities and services.

We are looking forward to welcoming your back in the next future.

The Royal Beach Management