The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection
Ranked #37 of 146 Hotels in Seminyak
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Holiday”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

A great hotel in a great position right on beach and grounds/gardens are beautiful. The pool makes it. Amazing buffet breakfast. Has a good free shuttel service to Seminyak square and Kuta too. The rooms were a good size - could use a bit of a freshen up to get up to 5 star though. Staff were really friendly and if you have kids the nanny's seemed really nice and caring - the kids all seemed to like them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank BrownyAsia
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Royal Guest,
First of all, I would like to thank you for your kind words and taking the time to share your comment on Tripadvisor. It's always a pleasure to receive nice comments.

We are delighted to know that you really enjoyed your stay with us.

I will share your comment with the staff and I am sure that your review will motivate them even more to continuously improving our services.

On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you again for choosing once more our resort for your holiday in Bali.

We are looking forward to making your next visit even more pleasant than the previous ones.

The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bandung
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Arrived at 11am, too early to check in, the room was not ready yet. as Accor adv. plus gold member, my room was upgraded to suite garden room. The reception staff was kindly assist my check in process but be informed that the room will be refreshed after 12pm as fast as possible. Welcome drink and freshener towel was also provided.

Back again to the hotel at 2pm, the room was not ready. Wait for a couple minute for this matter, and the reception staff gave me compliment to stay in grand deluxe until my suite room was ready. During on my way to the room, The bellboy was very friendly, gave information about the hotel in details.

At 4.30 pm my suite room was ready, the room was clean and have a good ambience with classic touch and also well maintained though it was not a new hotel. Amenities provided met my expectations

Little disruption happened. Ask for having late check-out (priviledge for accor adv. plus gold & platinum member only) and reception staff allowed me until 2pm. Not satisfied with reception staff, i spoke with hotel villa manager about this matter. After having long discussion, hotel allowed me to check out until 2.30 pm

Ordered some meals in room service, the portion of soto ayam was very stingy but the taste of fried banana with sauce was delicious.

breakfast at the husk restaurant leave me a positive value, menu selection were great (bacon, sushi, crepes, pastry, etc), taste and quality of all dishes served were in a good control.

Location of the hotel was great, easy to get convenience store, souvenir shop, etc, and of course access directly to the beach from the hotel.

Some notes that i dont like about the hotel:
1. Internet connection did not work well at my room.
2. Check in process need to be faster
3. felt the reception staff were put more attention to foreign guest.
4. Based on discussions with villa manager, i conclude that hotel has bad reservation system ( hotel said suite room fully booked for the next day, but i checked into reservations system of accorhotels.com, suite room still available. It had never been happened in others accor hotels brand before.

However I really appreciate and thank you to Villa Manager Mr.Arif for your explanation and effort to clarify the condition happened.

Last, I really impressed with the service given by Mr. Kadek as a reception staff. Though i felt disappointed with the check in process and the room which was late, he was able to handle my mood with his outstanding services given

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Adhiegunadharma
Dear Royal Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Nothing better than knowing you had a memorable time with us.

I have noted your constructive comments and I have immediately shared with the head of department concerned for their consideration and follow up.

Our staff is working day after day to provide you an exclusive service ; therefore I will share your comment with them and I am sure that your review will even more motivate them to continuous improving our services.

On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you again for your kind comment.

We are looking forward to welcoming your again.

Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed May 8, 2013

tThis was our second visit to the hotel the first being 2.5 years ago. we really enjoyed the first trip even though it was a high season. this time round we enjoyed the same excellent service from the staff. i cant stress enough the location was just perfect 20 minute walk from the beach to Kuta and 20 minute street walk to hip Seminyak.

The only downside is the hotel food and cocktails. even their famous breakfast has changed in quality some how it is just that it used to be such a high standard that we expected it to be the same but in all if they were 8/10 now food is 6/10.

all in all its a good hotel for family and couples i would always go back if it kept the same standard of service. tnx for a great memory

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank TravelJunkii
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Royal Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. Nothing better than knowing our Royal guests enjoyed their holiday in our resort.

I have noted your comment regarding our food and cocktail and i am really sorry to know that your experience did not meet your expectation. I will share your comment with the Chef and his team for their awareness and further action.

Again thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvior.
Looking forward to making your next stay even more pleasant.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The Royal Beach Seminyak's absolute beachfront location on sprawling Seminyak Beach is amazing! Nothing beats sitting on one of the comfy recliners in the shade, watching the surfers, listening to the roar of the waves, sipping on an island coconut and getting cooled by the trade winds.

In addition, the resort has lovely manicured grounds with many fragrant flowering trees and water features.

Clientele mostly Australians/Europeans.

Airport pickup was seamless. We were given an upgraded room on arrival (thank you Eni). Our room was as requested - non-smoking and in a quiet location. Loved the huge bed (bigger than California King), spacious room, lots of storage, robes, bedroom slippers and the many complimentary toiletries. A rug in the room would have been perfect!

We added on the option of the Breakfast Buffet at check-in. Highly recommend if you want a no-hassles start to the morning.

Must-do’s include the complimentary Water Aerobics Class with Made & Wayan.
Wayan also arranged for my husband to have a great Surf Class with one of the Beach Boys whose kiosk was just left of the beach entry.

Overall, we had a very restful stay. Lovely attentive staff, beautifully maintained grounds. Will certainly revisit this resort after it's upcoming 'refresh'.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank happy2bealive
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Royal Guest,

We are delighted to know that you really enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights in April after experiencing two other similar hotels in the area. We found the hotel to be very tired looking and very overpriced in comparison to their competitors. The pools were overcrowded and seemed murky and I was concerned about the water cleanliness. Our room was clean but was tired and past it's used by date the bathroom was pretty bad with the tile grout missing and water stains a d the taps had rusted and there were mirror stains. The room was about 300 meters from reception and it felt like a treck to leave the hotel each time. For the price we paid I would not stay here again. I must say the staff were nice and the restaurant food was ok. I wouldn't stay here again because there are much better hotels and villas in better locations.

• Stayed April 2013
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Royal Guest,

First of all I would like to apologize should your experience did not meet your expectation. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At MGallery we strive to provide a superior service for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important for us.

I have noted your comments and I am pleased to inform you that we will have an upcoming refreshment project to maintain our standard for which we are know around the world.
II will share with the head of department concerned for their awareness and further action.

Again thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Cannot fault the hotel.
We were checked in to our deluxe room , but were not happy with the view which was a wall - no garden, spoke to reception and were moved to a lovely garden view. The room was very spacious , very clean and all amenities provided for. The decor needs up dating but I had no issue with this as the room was very clean . Breakfast is great and very pleasant in the restaurant . I was also pleased to see that no plastic is being used for bin liners - well done.
Your sheets are changed every day which is unnecessary and is a worry as there is a water shortage in Bali - perhaps your guests could leave a card on the bed if they require them to be changed.
Overall - well done Royal Beach , a most relaxing stay ...

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Royal Guest,

I have noted your constructive comment regarding the bed sheets and I will discuss with the head of department concerned for their consideration and follow up.

We are looking forward to welcoming your again.

Noosa, Australia
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The arrival hall at the Denpasar Airport has always been an interesting location. You may consider that the coordinated arrival of so many flights into the country is planned. But surprising to me is that the Immigration Department has now brought the Bali street feel right into the hall for everyone.
As you make your way to pay for your entry visa the number of 'workers' approaching you offering 'Express service' is staggering and the look on the faces of the other travellers reflects this. Having obtained your visa the barrage recommences, women and men approach all in the lines to the counters 'Express Service, express service' even the security guards are at it.

Back in the snaking line and fellow travellers are discussing this frenzied activity. Varying prices are proffered as the rate to get the Express Service. I gauge that they assess the way you're dressed or possibly the amount of stress the traveller has with the accompanying family members. All in all its a bit of a razz up. If the Express Service is legitimate ( probably is) it would be an advantage to know about it with signage or formal presentation. But Hey this is Bali!

Through the airport and onto the pick up area. Looking for our driver for The Royal Beach Hotel. Nice one, he's here. Takes my container sized suitcase and off we go through the new shopping precinct between the airport and the vehicle pickup. Progress is clearly evident at every turn.

With many trips to Bali chalked up it never ceases to amaze me. We wind our way through the back streets and I'm looking for landmarks. Apart from the obvious Balinese / Indonesian look of the place I'm at a loss to get my bearings. I decide to go along for the ride as I know the end location well. Leoni and I stayed at the hotel whilst the Sofitel had it between 2008 - 2011.
The location of the original Imperial Hotel Villas are still the central focus and a walk through the gangs (lanes) around the walled villas complex is a treat.

Check in is suitably cordial and we are delivered to our Deluxe room. Spacious and clean, all mod cons. The grounds are well established and really make the inward looking orientation of the hotel design. The green pool is a quiet time oasis and is a sought after loco for readers and relaxers. The main pool is more action stations with day beds and cabana style lounges for all desiring the view and access to the ocean. The numerous eateries are good with attentive staff and friendly attitudes.
This hotel caters for all style of traveller. Families are welcome, there are honeymooners, couples both older and younger, even it appears the lone traveller.

The hotel, the location and the serenity it provides delivers a great deal . A squirrel has just promenaded in front of me in the tree canopy. Another good sign.

The current standard is not as high as the Sofitel offered, but kick back relax and enjoy and the Royal Beach does have a Royal feel. Being a (long time) Accor member also has its benefits in this style of resort hotel.

Room Tip: An original villa would be delight. The modern hotel rooms are more than satisfactory with the room...