We wanted a relaxing holiday that allowed us to feel somewhat pampered and special.
From the minute we were picked up from the airport by the friendly Ketut we knew we had found something special.
Before leaving Australia we had read that some of the rooms and areas were being renovated and revamped. We saw none of that.
Our garden suite room on the third floor was tastefully decorated, a deliciously cool respite from the humidity with spacious rooms and all the mod cons.
Everyone else before me has raved about the pools, so I will only add that they were right. We spent two days just lazing by the ocean pool - enjoying the view, the water, the cocktails and the serene surroundings (I particularly enjoyed the banana smoothies).
Eventually we started exploring Seminyak, but it was always a pleasure to know that we could retire back to the resort each afternoon to escape the humidity and hustle bustle of city life.
Although we stayed during an important Hindu festival week, the staff were still attentive and friendly at all times. They helped us to book restaurants and massages and they could call taxis for you if you needed them (but we found that going outside for a bluebird taxi was easy enough to do ourselves).
Our breakfasts were lovely every morning and the couple of nights that we ate at the resort, we had fine meals with great views of the beach and sunset. The Balinese dinner and dance night was a particularly good night.
The Wi-Fi connection was a little sporadic at times, but we were on holidays and didn't care whether we had constant Wi-Fi or not!
My only disappointment was with how quickly our 6 days flew by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel directly on the Seminyak Beach, surrounded by uniquely designed 4.5 hectares tropical garden. Featuring 128 rooms and 17 private villas, it is within walking distance to Seminyak fine dining restaurants, trendiest bars and luxury shopping. With outstanding modern Balinese architecture, the hotel offers a distinctive and memorable stay wrapped with the warmth of Balinese culture on every stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Sofitel Hotel Seminyak Bali
- Sofitel Hotel Denpasar
- Sofitel Seminyak Bali
- Sofitel Bali
- Denpasar Sofitel
- The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection