Stayed at Royal Beach Seminyak Feb. 9-16. The property is beautiful, with stone paths winding through gardens that form centerpiece of property. I stayed in 1st floor of hotel proper, and our balcony overlooked a small pond filled with fish. Several mornings there was a wading bird perched on edge of pond looking for his breakfast. The hotel also has many villas surrounded by high stone walls if you like more privacy -- and can afford it!
The property has one large pool with bar and restaurant nearby, so you can easily flag down a waiter and get your drinks and food brought to you poolside.
Hotel has a very good location on the beach. You can choose to rent beach loungers on the beach proper (not part of hotel), or you can be back 20 to 40 yards from beach on the hotel property, but still with a great view of the ocean and breaking surf. Swimming was excellent. Also, while there were vendors hawking their wares (sarongs, kites, etc.) on the beach, there weren't so many as to make it uncomfortable.
Within walking distance of the hotel (if you go along the beach and don't mind getting your feet wet) is Ku De Ta restaurant and bar -- a fantastic place for both food and ambiance. By taxi it's 15 minutes.
All and all, I'd highly recommend The Royal Beach Seminyak as a good for the money (4 stars out of 5) hotel in an excellent location, with attentive staff and a full array of ancillary activities available either on site, such as yoga, surfing and boogie boarding, or which can easily be arranged off sitee (snorkeling, fishing, etc.).
The only reason I didn't give this hotel a 5-star rating is because it's a mature property -- it shows it's age a bit. However, it is well maintained and clean, and the gardens on the grounds actually benefit from the hotel's age. Lovely property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel directly on the Seminyak Beach, surrounded by uniquely designed 4.5 hectares tropical garden. Featuring 128 rooms and 17 private villas, it is within walking distance to Seminyak fine dining restaurants, trendiest bars and luxury shopping. With outstanding modern Balinese architecture, the hotel offers a distinctive and memorable stay wrapped with the warmth of Balinese culture on every stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, ACCOR, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Sofitel Hotel Seminyak Bali
- Sofitel Hotel Denpasar
- Sofitel Seminyak Bali
- Sofitel Bali
- Denpasar Sofitel
- The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection