The good: - this was our second stay here and we love the location and think the beach facing property for the price represents great value in Seminyak now. The pool area and grounds are lovely. We especially enjoyed lazing on the beds at the grassed area just behind the beach. The food and drinks from the pool bar were pretty good, especially the pizza.
We had a deluxe room on the second floor. Room is a good size and very comfortable and quiet. The bed is exceptionally comfortable and we slept very well over our 5 night stay.
The bad: - As mentioned previously, the bathrooms. They look very tired and a little grimy. Our shower flooded after 2 minutes use, with dirty soapy water sloshing around the toilet. This was fixed but gives you an idea that the bathrooms do not match the standard of the rest of the hotel. We weren't offered a renovated room, nor did we see any evidence of renovations going on, but if they do fix up the rooms we would consider coming back, otherwise no way.
Breakfast quickly got boring despite a good selection. The hot food was not that great, the coffee terrible (asked for caffe latte which was undrinkable). The pastries definitely the highlight.
The ugly: - surprisingly the staff. Some were great, but we were dissapointed by the reception staff. Trying to get a 2 hour check out extension proved impossible for them. I know late checkouts are difficult to manage, but asking for a check out at 2pm shouldn't be such an issue. When we did check out (at 1pm), I wanted to park my bike near the foyer for 2 minutes while I loaded the wife and luggage into a taxi. The concierge and security guy were so unpleasant and almost agressive about it and were most inflexible, forcing me to park down by the road, walk up, pack the taxi and walk back down again. I just didn't see the need for such treatment and it ensured that we left the hotel with an unpleasant feeling.
A real shame because the hotel is overall not a bad place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel directly on the Seminyak Beach, surrounded by uniquely designed 4.5 hectares tropical garden. Featuring 128 rooms and 17 private villas, it is within walking distance to Seminyak fine dining restaurants, trendiest bars and luxury shopping. With outstanding modern Balinese architecture, the hotel offers a distinctive and memorable stay wrapped with the warmth of Balinese culture on every stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Sofitel Hotel Seminyak Bali
- Sofitel Hotel Denpasar
- Sofitel Seminyak Bali
- Sofitel Bali
- Denpasar Sofitel
- The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection