3,162 results
All reviews garden pool grand deluxe room husk restaurant direct access to the beach main pool breakfast buffet is gado gado an upgrade the general manager beautiful resort watch the sunset egg station relaxing holiday our honeymoon great pool day bed private villa
Reviewed September 18, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Just returned from our 3rd visit to the Royal Beach and am still in love! We travelled as a family of 4, 2 adults, 2 children and had booked a 2 bedroom villa. We were upgraded on arrival and were thrilled to be accommodated in a much larger villa than expected with our own pool, spa and loads of room.
Staff at this resort are always so friendly, making a point of remembering the kids names and showing them attention at every opportunity. We were happy to once again meet up with Ari the food and beverage manager who we had come to know last year, he is always so attentive to the kids and always making sure we were happy with our meals etc, really professional and yet so down to earth and friendly, the perfect mix.
Breakfasts are AMAZING..I find it funny when people say 'breakfast is the same each day'...well, it is, but thats because it covers every possibility! Theres Japanese breakfast, egg station, pancakes, pastries, a fruit bar, fresh bircher and granola (both the best I've ever eaten) and the usual bacon etc...I can't think of anything thats missing from the breakfast buffet and we always walked away full - very happy.
We ate a few other meals in the resort as well (we are Accor members so we get discounts on food and beverage) but even without the discounts the meals are really reasonable for a 4.5 star resort. In particular the Tapas night on a Tuesday was amazing, it was about 6 courses of tapas from various regions (Mediterranean, Japanese, Indonesian etc) and it was all DELICIOUS! Pizza at Capris is also fantastic and we dined at Husk on our last night which was very impressive...seriously with all the hype surrounding some of the 'must eat at' places some of them don't even compare to what this resort can offer, and its beachfront so you've still got the sunsets!
I was impressed to see they are utilising the grassy area between the resort and the beach now by putting more lounges there and also some massage huts. I don't normally do massages at the resort because they're typically over priced and not great but on this occasion I caved in because of a special offer and it was the best massage I had all holidays...my husband and I both went back twice more, we used the outdoor massage huts rather than the spa so we could listen to the ocean and get the sea breeze, it was superb! Dyan (Diane?) was our masseuse of choice and I'd highly recommend her!!
The resort is older style without question - but thats why I like it, the gardens are beautiful and its a really peaceful place to stay whilst being on the beach and walking distance to great shopping as well as places like KuDeTa and La lucciola .
I could go on about this resort all day but I'll stop now! If you'd like more information shoot me a message, I'm happy to chat about it, needless to say I'd happily recommend this resort.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank tajyd
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to post such a nice and detailed comment on Trip Advisor. We are so thrilled to hear that once more you enjoyed your holiday with us.

Memorable experiences are what we strive to provide day after day to our Royal guest ; so your compliments are always welcomed.

I will share your comment with the staff and I am sure that your review will motivate them even more to continuously improving our services.

On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you again for choosing our resort for your valuable holiday.

We are looking forward to making your next visit even more pleasant than the previous one.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 6 nights at the Royal beach on the 7th Sept. 12. From being collected at 2am from the airport to checking out - everything was faultless.

The staff are so friendly from the person in the garden to the bar staff at the pool!

Front beach access is a winner too when staying in Seminyak !
Will definitely stay with the hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words. It's always a pleasure to receive such compliments. .

Our staff takes great pride in providing exceptional service to our Royal Guests that is beyond expectation; so your feedback are important for us. I am sure that your review will motivate them even more to continuously improving our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and it's our hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed here for a week in august 2012, whist the hotel is ok, we were left scratching our heads trying to work out why we’d chosen to stay at this hotel and in this location with what’s available in this part of the world remembering that it wasn’t exactly a cheap option. It felt like being at a package hotel in europe.

Positives: staff were great at all levels, beautiful gardens and lawns fronting the beach, lots of places to eat and shop within a short/cheap taxi ride, the room wasn’t a bad standard (apart from the air conditioning), good in room wifi (patchy out of room) .

Negatives: there’s not enough room or beds around the pool or on the lawns which meant folk getting up early to reserve beds, this is the place for you if you want to wake up thinking ‘will i get a sunbed today?. Despite fronting onto the beach the hotel doesn’t have any beds on the beach, you have to hire these from the local vendors if you want one.

There was no air conditioning in the fitness rooms despite four complaints to management for action, I gave up in the end.

Drinks are expensive around the pool, if you’re going to spend the day here this will be painful. Beer from the local vendors was one third of the cost.

The area and beach is busy.....it’s not a relaxing place to be or take a stroll. Outside of the hotel there’s a continual row of bikes and taxis papping their horns for your trade.

Philosophically It could have been worse, we did have a nice time overall.

Restaurants outside the hotel we liked all round; mantra, biku & mannekepis

Restaurants that were just ok: sardine (nice food, rushed service and very expensive), gado gado (next door, nice food, but service bombed at the end of the night). la luccia (food ok, full of big groups..what was all the fuss about?).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am deeply sorry to hear that your experience did not entirely meet your expectation.

Regarding the sunbeds by the pool, I apologies for the inconvenience caused. Eventhough we strive to provide a lot of loungers and inform our guest that they can't reserve the space, we can't afford that some guests keep them straight in the morning.

At M Gallery, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

We hope that you will consider staying at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali again so that we may show you the gracious hospitality and superb service for which we are known around the world.