The first thing you got to know about this place is there are 2 properties - separate from each other. Whilst not far to walk between them, you don't want to get to the wrong one for check in. Both are owned by the same boss and they do "upgrade" you (as in move you) from one to the other. They are about 1km apart along narrow little roads where cars and bikes jostle for space in the day time but not too busy to cause a disturbance. The suites are large rooms; the villas are standalone little houses. I will be referring totally to the villas here.
The villas are along one stretch of road about 150m long. There is security in front which means that people are checked going in. There are other properties not associated with Villa Kresna along this stretch as well. There is a lovely quaint art cafe where breakfast is served. If you have included breakfast, it's a choice of five from a menu - anything from the standard eggs/bacon/beans to the Indonesian fried noodles. First coffee/tea is free; second cup is chargeable. Service is pleasant and excellent throughout. Only one group of 4-5 villas have the narrow swimming pool in front of them. It makes them pretty exclusive but it can be noisy if there are kids in the group. The other villas are pretty much standalone little houses. All of them vary : some with kitchenettes, some without. All except one has open air baths and toilets. This can present a problem if you want to go to the toilet for #2 at night and the mozzies get supper from you. The villa we stayed had literally no hot water going at all and they could not fix it. Mosquitoes feature prominently in these villas and all they do is to put electric mosquito mats - which is useless. It would be strongly recommended that you come to this property bringing your own can of mosquito spray which you can get from the local supermarkets. They don't label the free water they give you, so do ask which ones are free.
internet is free which is good but in some villas, the reception is patchy. They have half a dozen routers with different passwords. You can get the reception to call for a cab if you want to get to the shops. Bring a pair of slippers as they don't provide any in the villas.
It is a peaceful spot to enjoy long breakfast or read in the small art cafe of about 10 tables. It is personal enough to get to know others but yet, it is confusing as you will be wondering where the pool is, or could you use it as it is in another group of villas. They also use names for the villas and it can be difficult to remember hindu names! And some villas have outside kitchens, some are air conditioned throughout, and some only have air conditioning in the bedroom. Some have lofts where you can go up to read and relax.
You should try to get to stay in different villas through your stay - but they don't have a package for that one. That would be a great experience. Just do not expect a uniform villa in this establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Kresna's two locations in the ever popular Seminyak and within walking distance to the beach and from each other. Villa Kresna Boutique Villas and Villa Kresna Boutique Suites, have a combination of comfort and elegance in every room. The beach is literally just around the corner and it is easily accessible to Seminyak and all the popular areas of south-western Bali has to offer. World class restaurants, boutiques, galleries and bars are just some of the attractions within walking distance of Villa Kresna. Set in the ever popular Seminyak and within walking distance to the beach. Boutique Suites located at Jalan Sarinande 19 and Boutique Villa located at Jalan Sari Dewi 17, Seminyak. Both properties just 300meter away to each other. Villa Kresna boutique Suites offers 13 Suites rooms. Each suites are individually designed with space in mind. It is easily accessible to Seminyak and all the popular areas of south-western bali has to offer.Chic eateries, boutiques, galleries and Seminyak's famous nightlife are just some of the attractions within walking distance. The popular Seminyak Beach, with its spectacular year-round sunsets, is just around the corner. Villa Kresna's Boutique Villas, which have a combination of traditional features and luxurious modern amenities. Serviced by highly experienced staff and run by the same caring owner. Villa Kresna Boutique Villas offers 9 unit of share and private pool villa. Villa Kresna is owned by a Balinese-German family who has worked in the villas for two generations and has lovingly built each of Villa Kresna's 22 individual suites and villas, one by one, over the years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Villa Kresna Boutique Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Kresna Boutique Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Hotel Kresna Tropical
- Resort Kresna Tropical
- Villa Kresna Boutique Villas Bali/Seminyak