“Excellent staff, great pizza” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Root & Branch Bali, Bistro & Bar - CLOSED

Root & Branch Bali, Bistro & Bar
Cuisines: American, Italian, Bar, Pizza, European, Asian, Grill, Pub, Indonesian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Adelaide, Australia
“Excellent staff, great pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I stopped by for lunch one day because we thought the sound of pizza and a -2 degree bintang for about $7AUD sounded pretty decent. We enjoyed our meals and the friendly service so much that we went back again a couple of days later. The staff remembered us and gave us all free ice cream after our meals.
I think we all agreed that the spicy bolognese pizza was the best! I also had an avocado smoothie and it was really really good. Now I'll have to try recreate it back at home.

Shanghai, China
“A Serendipitous Connection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

My wife and I were heading out to another Bali eatery when it began to rain...heavy. Rather than continuing we we jumped into this establishment and was greeted by Yudi, a friendly but professional waiter who helped guide us through the choices. Now, my wife is vegetarian, which can sometimes complicate things, but Yudi assured us that many dishes could be modified. I ordered the pizza. Meals were a very nice surprise, desserts were great, beers were ice cold and we left content with a Friday night meal priced under 300 Indonesian dollars, or about $25 USD. A tasty bargain...If you want to try it is behind the open air market, and not very visible from the road.

• Visited February 2014
Denpasar
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scrumptious Pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

I went there for sunset drinks and snack with bunch of friends, very friendly staff, excellent service but my amazement was when ordered the pizza, it kicked my taste bud right away, crispy and spicy just the way I like it. The wine selection again its surprisingly good. I chose chilean veramonte pinot noir to company my pizza and its delightful.

• Visited February 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Poms steer clear (no warm beer here)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

I was lured into this establishment on a hot evening with the promise of ice cold beers. Man, they don't lie. It was just on the point of freezing and just what was required.
We stayed and had a couple more (wife had mojitos, they got the thumbs up too) and then decided to eat.
Agus was a great help choosing from the menu, my daughter is a very fussy eater but nothing was too much trouble.
The food arrived in double quick time despite the fact there was a power cut in the middle of prep, it was beautifully presented and delicious.
All in all this was a great experience, these guys deserve to do very well, give them a visit, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rootnbranch-bali, Manager at Root & Branch Bali, Bistro & Bar, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
thank you Mr.Jimmy for coming to our restaurant and try some menu mainstay existing in our restaurant .. We hope you will come back to try the other menu
Mandurah, Western Australia, Australia
“Friendly staff, great food, ice cold beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

I had trouble picking a favourite form the menu, so just went with the very friendly waiters' recommendation.
Great food and Icy cold beer in icy cold glasses.
A really enjoyable place to go.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rootnbranch-bali, Manager at Root & Branch Bali, Bistro & Bar, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Thank you Mr.Allan for coming to our restaurant and we hope you will come back to our restaurant to try our other menus