“Nice, cozy, and away from hustle... just what i expected”
Review of Hotel Vila Lumbung

Hotel Vila Lumbung
Ranked #39 of 149 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed March 1, 2011

That is my 1st time trip to Bali and we chose Vila Lumbung to stay in. It's for our 1st anniversary, and we chose to stay in double storey bungalow (upstair). Well, don't underestimate the photos you've seen. It looks small, and yet, the real room was spacious, well decorated, cozy, nice friendly staffs and quiet environment. We just love it!!! The bed was marvelous. It's hard for us to get away from the bed. We barely used the reading bed (which has SAME size with the main queen bed). Overall, it helped us in making our anniversary vacation so memorable :)

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank epah_riyana
Write a ReviewReviews (1,156)

Reviewed January 19, 2011

We stayed at the vila lumbung from the 7 to the 13th of january with my sister and her family. Straight away i have to say that with less than 24 hours to get on the plane when my sister confirmed our booking for the 3 bedroom deluxe villa made early in 2010 we found out they had lost our booking. They offered us a reduced rate for the deluxe bungalow rooms instead. When we got there my husband and i were given a deluxe bungalow with twin beds my sister was given a similar room with a king, we were later offered a room for that night with a king upstairs which was not practical for our 2 yr old so we stayed put. The next day we were offered an upstairs/downstairs with a kitchen at a reduced rate and this is where we stayed for the rest of our time. I did get a chance to look inside the 3 bed deluxe villa and i have to say it looked a lot more suitable for our situation than what we ended up with. As previously stated there is no living area in these bungalows. Having said all that we had a pleasant stay and I would stay there again but i would be confirming my booking several times through out the year prior to arriving. The staff at the hotel were nice and were friendly to my children including the gate staff who always said hello and waved. The surroundings of the pool were beautiful and the pool itself was lovely my youngest played on the steps or was carried around by a parent and loved the slide. There were also plenty of sun beds everyday not that I got to sit on one ha ha. My family and I enjoyed the breakfast provided you can't beat someone making you a fresh omelette just the way you like it. There was plenty of choice regarding bread, cereals, pastries, and freshly made pancakes and toppings, savoury food bacon etc. one day I even had creamed spinach delish!. I didnt enjoy the semi outdoor shower but it was okay however we had an excessive amount of mosquitos in the rooms and all the children were covered in mosquito bites even though they had been covered in various repellents and we purchased mozzie coils.I loved the location of the hotel it was quiet but we had everything we needed in that street. Loved Kedazz the laundry so so cheap, the alfa supermart, the money changer gave good rates, the little beauty salon where i got a $6 massage I also went to body works which is a short distance away , Food wise room service was good kids shared the mee goreng a couple times and the lamb rack was great.I loved the gourmet deli (try the honey soy ribs). We also went to Bonita for dinner which was nice and Sarong for my sister birthday which was amazingly beautiful and the food was exquisite and the service impeccable and not as expensive as you would think. We went for a drink at ku de ta and sat up close to the ocean very nice but expensive drinks. Hubby and I enjoyed dinner at Biku one night which has a lovely atmosphere and pretty good food. You can walk around this area but the roads are quite bad and both my husband and brother in law fell over at the side of the road during the holiday walking back from dinner. Finally i would like to mentioned that I used the nannies from Karsini services and they were excellent and kids loved them, We were not much into the shopping but I really enjoyed relaxing, swimming and going to the spa and this is a far more affordable, relaxing and family orientated holiday than a week in Margaret river.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank lisacrofts
Reviewed January 7, 2011

But I was not impressed with just the bed. Even though the room's decor was a bit basic in places, that could be easily overlooked, as it was spacious and comfortable.
All the staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful. When I couldn't find a group excursion to join to see Bali, one of the hotel staff booked a driver/guide for me. Nothing was too much trouble.
Had a lot of fun at the New Year's Eve party organised by the hotel :)
The resort itself is relaxing and the grounds were lovely. The pool and outdoor jacuzzi were great. The buffet breakfast was also basic, but it was tasty enough.
The location was a bit awkward for getting to the nearest beach. The roads outside the resort have no proper pavements and it's about a 10-15 minute walk. So exploring on foot was an adventure - especially at night.
Overall though - pleased.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 27, 2010

We booked this hotel as a substitute because the hotel that we want was fully booked at the last day of our holiday. Actually, we booked a deluxe room downstairs, but one day before we left to Bali, the hotel staff said that we were upgraded to a villa because all deluxe rooms turned out to be fully booked. We were quite happy at that time and considered ourselves lucky.

However, turned out the room that was provided by us wass only one room (I think it was a main bedroom) of the 3-bedroom deluxe villa. Actually, we didn’t mind, but we felt a little bit strange and creepy to stay in a huge two storey villa, which have a big living room, big kitchen, big veranda, but the other two bedrooms were locked and also the second floor was locked. We have access to the kitchen, though.

So please be noted that my review here is actually for a main bedroom of the 3 bedroom deluxe villa,.. LOL.

Room
Main bedroom was huge, so huge that even with the couch and desk, I would have think it could fit another queen sized bed..LOL. It was clean, AC worked fine, all taps and buttons were in function. The mattress was rather hard, but the sheets were clean. The interior of the bedroom was plain and dull, nothing special.

Bathroom in main bedroom was a disappointment. It was huge, but again, very plain. No standing shower, only a bath tub with shower cord, but without shower curtain, so the water splashed all over the bathroom everytime we took a bath. Toilettries were standard.

Location
In Petitenget area, quite close to the beach. Many eateries around the hotel within a walking distance, and the area is also rather quiet and calm than Kuta/Seminyak.

Staff
Friendly & helpful. No hassle at all.

Breakfast
The variety of food was not much; the taste was acceptable for me, but nothing so excellent. The breakfast room is actually nice, have a view of the pool and garden.

Other facilities
Because it was the last day of our holiday, we did not bother to use other facilities than the pool. The swimming pool is nice to relax and unwind. Off course, there were some kids playing around and make slightly bit noise, but we had our time early in the morning at the pool so it was quite peaceful.

In general, I would say that this hotel is set on the lovely ground and quite promising to enjoy your holiday. Their staff are also one of their valuable assets. The room & food were just okay, nothing special. I think they should consider a refurbish/revamp of the rooms immediately. I may not come back to this hotel again (because I would like to explore another hotels), but I think it would be OK for a short-stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Hotel is located away from the main hotel belt, but mins walk away from Petitinget beach, and loads of food options available nearby if one is willing to explore.
We found a Japanese restaurant just a stone's throw away from the entrance of the hotel.Prices were reasonable and food was good.
We stayed in a room with an outdoor bathroom, which we regretted, cos it was the rainy season and insects, lizards and centipedes often took shelter in the bathroom. Thankfully, we could just shut the door and keep them out of the room. But bath time was always an adventure.
The room service was good, and the room was very clean.
We tried the in house spa, but were not too impressed.
The pool was good, the the mini-waterfall quite a nice touch.
We even found a way to walk all the way to Kuta from the hotel. It passes by a modern shopping mall. it took us an hour or so to get to Kuta by foot, but the walk was worth it.
Overall, we stayed at Vila Lumbung for 3 days and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I stayed at this hotel at the begining of November with a family member, it was our first trip to Bali. We were very comfortable with the hotel and found the services to be adequate. The location was a bit of a let down as it is a good walk from anything although taxi's are cheap enough to get you around. The hotel was well maintained and staff always polite, the breakfast buffet was just enough but nothing special and the pool was peaceful and relaxing. I recommend taking a two minute walk from the hotel to a convience store for thing like water and beer as they are much cheaper. There is a coffee shop close by which is handy and also a hidden place to eat dinner just up past the coffee shop is a driveway and along it is a great place for a meal "asia" its cheap too.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed November 7, 2010

The staff were fantastic at this lovely resort . Happy to accommodate any request. We booked a superior room which was just too small for our family of 4. The staff were so obliging showing us what else was available and genuinely happy when we found a room that we were thrilled with. The bungalows are brilliant and we particularly loved our one with very close pool access for a very reasonable upgrade fee. The resort is like a breath of fresh air after a day shopping or sightseeing and in a lovely more peaceful part of town . If you take the free shuttle to the beach you can walk along the beach easily into Legian and beyond. Lots of nice restaurants in walking distance. Returned to Bonitos a few times- just up the road 5 min to the left. Great inexpensive food.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple