“Nice place”
Review of Hotel Vila Lumbung

Hotel Vila Lumbung
Ranked #41 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 7 nights with a big group over for a wedding. Rooms were nice with big bed. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Pool was lovely. Food in restaurant was good, sate chicken was amazing!!! Breakfast was nice, nothing spectacular. Only downfalls being slightly dated but this isn't an issue. Our bathroom had a shower head over bath near taps, so to use as a shower u had to hold the shower head up yourself which made it sometimes difficult. Bugs were an issue and one night came home to creepie crawlies in our bed, but staff were very helpful and happy to spray room for us! Good price and value for money. You really aren't that far away, short taxi ride or bit of a stroll into seminyak square.

• Stayed: September 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,145)

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and unfortunately the pool was out of action for 3 of those nights but in compensation we were given free lunch for 2 days and free shuttle to the town and beach which only went a few times a day and we weren't around for the lunch! However, the grounds were beautiful, staff were lovely and the bed was the comfiest bed I have ever slept in!! A little out the way from the town and beach but taxis are so cheap so it wasn't an issue. Would stay here again. Great place for honeymoon. Good breakfast choice and freshly cooked omelette.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Very relaxing hotel, great swimming pool and swim-up bar! The staff was very nice and always helpful. Breakfast buffet was amazing. The room was nice and big (amazing bed) but the sheets and towels were badly stained, even though they were changed everyday.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sophie L
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had an upstairs deluxe villa for 3 nights. Spacious Balinese style luxury in an extremely tranquil setting. I cant rate this place highly enough. Much nicer than a hotel room. Great bed, 2 more day beds, TV, DVD. Good, free internet all over resort. Good security. Really nice pools and spa. Didnt want to leave.
Slights downsides being breakfast variety lacking in some areas. Nice omelettes but tasteless bacon. But dont worry about that as there are great breakfasts 2min walk down road to left and on opp. side = great cafe sporting custom chicken Tshirts - you'll recognize it but I can think of name.
$1 taxi ride to some fantastic restaurants, Great curries at Queens Tandoor (spoken as an Englishman). The AUD$15 set menu with wine at Ultimo was a better meal than I've had at posh expensive $150/head restaurants in Brisbane.

Room Tip: Upstairs deluxe villa the best.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brit42
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have stayed here many times. The rooms are clean and comfortable and have everything you might need. The price is good for what you get. The staff are helpful. The pool is nice. It is quiet and elegant.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the pool are nicer.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank gypsyflow
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I recently spend 4 nights here with my elderly parents. The staff were very helpful. The room was a Deluxe Bungalow downstairs. It was very large, with an outside bathroom, and a room with a day lounge, and a spacious verandah.
The package included a buffet breakfast, and the variety of food was fantastic.
A very enjoyable stay, rooms cleaned thoroughly daily.
Pool areas very well decked out. Plenty of lounges and umbrellas.
Swim up to pool bar great.
Very quiet place to stay, and still so close to any sightseeing

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TinaLBalla
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Hi just back from two wonderful weeks in bali, my friend advisded me about Villa Lumbung as she had stayed here twice before so I was happy to go along. Really glad I did as I felt safe travelling without my family at night (security always walking around) and slept really well. We shared a Deluxe Bungalow Villa 10 A and it was one of the better one's my friend thought. Having a extra day bed outside overlooking the garden was really a nice touch. The garden's are full of amazing tropical surprises and really pleasant to walk around. The pool was really clean all the time and having the waterfall with a little cave I thought was just so pretty.

Breakfast was great! I was actually surprised as I had read on Trip Advisor some people were let down by the food but I always saw it as fresh and a great choice for everyone. The staff are alot of fun and many have been there for years and years, so it really does have that homely feeling. I wouldn't call it 5 or 6 star like Hotel W across the road but if you want that then pay for that, I think Villa Lumbung is so affordable for friends, families or business it really had a nice mix of people.

Now I had read time and time again the mosquito problem, ok there were some but we plugged in a little mozzie replant thing you can buy at the local Circle K for about $6 at night and only once we had a problem, to only find out we had forgotton to turn it on lol
It seemed a bit out of the way but Seminyak is so spread out , there were many places to eat, shop and be within walking distance. massaged.

We met a really great driver called Wyan who works from there who took us out and around Bali on day trips. He was so informative about the history of the contury, where to eat, where to shop and areas to be careful in. I felt very safe with him and he took us up to Lovina for a overnight trip, I would have to say those two days were the best of my entire trip. I will never forget holding a baby Oranatang, swimming in Hot Springs and watching hundreds of dolphins swim within meters of his friend's boat.

Then back to Villa Lumbung where everyone was happy to see you and ask how our trip went, it is such a beautiful country and I can't wait to return with my husband.

Cheers Romi

Thank you Villa Lumbung deb patterson x

Room Tip: Really try and upgrade to a Deluxe Villa if you can we were in 10 A and as my friend has stayed ther...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends