“Great”
Review of Hotel Vila Lumbung

Hotel Vila Lumbung
Ranked #42 of 147 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I loved Vila Lumbung. Being my fifth trip to Bali I wanted to get out of Legian, where it is so easy to get stuck. I booked for 3 nights and it was great - the pool was just delightful and the restaurant was really nice. Not superb cooking but really nice. The warung next door was more my style and we ate there each night then crossed the road to the coffee shop and had cake and coffee for dessert. The room at Vila Lumbung was very comfortable with a fabulous bathroom. The balcony overlooked the pool and we enjoyed every second of our three nights there. The staff were great and extremely helpful. When my driver (an old Balinese friend) was caught in the horrendous traffic, I was offered the hotel driver to pick my friend up at the airport. So just remember - the traffic is a nightmare in Bali during Christmas/New Years and I would never recommend going there during this time. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
HotelVilaLumbung, Sales & Marketing Executive at Hotel Vila Lumbung, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Dear LadyKarens,

Warmest Greetings from Hotel Vila Lumbung, a hidden gem in Seminyak - Bali!

Thank you very much for your kind feedback and taking the time to post such a nice and detailed comment and also your beautiful photos on Trip Advisor.

We are so thrilled to hear that you loved our resort. On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you again for choosing our resort for your valuable holiday.

Once again thank you very much and we are looking forward to making your next visit more memorable.

Sincerely Yours,

Noor Cahyo
Sales & Marketing Executive
Hotel Vila Lumbung, Seminyak - Bali

There are newer reviews for Hotel Vila Lumbung

Reviewed October 2, 2012

What an amazing first experience in Bali. This property exceeded my expectations in every way for the price I paid. Firstly, the staff were fantastic! Attentive, engaging, knowledgeable, friendly but most of all real. The pool area and swim-up bar are divine as is the accommodation. I stayed in a superior room which was extremely comfortable and provided everything I could have needed. The restaurant provides a beautiful breakfast serving both traditional and western fair. Vila Lumbung is located far enough away from the mayhem of the main tourist areas that I was thankfully able to forget I was surrounded by fellow Australians. That said however, the property is within close walking distance to well known bars such as Ku De Ta and Potato Head. Alternatively, the designated transport desk in the facilities reception area can arrange a car or bike to pick you up within minutes. A fantastic trip thanks to Vila Lumbung. Will definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Rohan W
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I wrote a review for Villa Lumbung about 5 years ago that will be the same as this. Since then we've stayed about 5 more times as well as experiencing the luxury of 5 Star and a couple of 3.5 star alternatives also in the mix. But we keep coming back to Lumbung because it's just such an easy holiday for a family with very young, young and now not as young but still primary school children. The bungalows are enormous and we can all stay together without a fuss. The breakfast isn't special and to be honest, I eat it elsewhere, but great for the kids with enough healthy options and not so adult or stuffy that they (and we) don't feel comfortable letting them serve themselves. The pool is lots of fun and usually not that busy or noisy (although we did run into a couple of huge family groups last Christmas that killed the serenity somewhat, but that can happen anywhere family friendly). There's a cute, basic games room that isn't too precious and the kids can play a rowdy game of table tennis without raising eyebrows, or ruining anyone else's good time. And the staff and grounds are lovely. Finally, an amazing location that is no longer on the fringes as the sprawl of Seminyak has spread towards it. Just walk, or tiny taxi ride, to amazing restaurants, great beach clubs and fun shopping. Including 'proper' coffee just over the road and a great Indonesia Warung immediately to the left as you hit the road that I can't wait to get back to. For us, it's a case of what's not to love. All the money we save on accommodation we get to spend on food, drink and shopping.

Room Tip: Go for the older rooms - up and downstairs bungalows rather than the new complex.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank essdee49
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is my fourth trip to Bali. We always stay here for 2 nights after our long flight, to sleep off the jet lag. The grounds are beautiful and it's quiet. I was disappointed in their dinner this time. They have changed the menu and are making more Western fare. The Ceasar Salad was swimming in a very creamy dressing that was awful. The fish was overlooked and the western dishes served around us got negative comments, too. Eat dinner elsewhere or order Indonesian food. The breakfast buffet was good.
Every time I come back to Bali I am amazed by the growth! The street outside the hotel is very narrow and pedestrians must walk in the street, too. At night, it's crazy! Seminyak used to be so much quieter than Kuta, but it's gotten as crowded and busy, in just 3 years.
We always walk to Body Works and get massages. That was still wonderful, except for the traffic.
We are older now and prefer a slower pace. I think next time I come, I will start out on the beach town of Sanur, on the east side of Denpasar.

Room Tip: The bungalows are the best. The Superior rooms are nothing special. Ask for one upstairs. Then peopl...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I love this hotel so much, very rarely find a hotel like this, natural and very traditional. Lovely swimming pool with a waterfall and whirl pool, the spa was great and fantastic. Available a small game room with table tennis equipment and billiard table near to the lobby. So lush and expansive gardens, room are very big and the roof are beautiful with very traditional hotel. Book a deluxe bungalow upstair with a garden view and feel completely natural shades Bali. Highly recommended to stay here for those of you who like serenity, this hotel so quiet and comfortable. Staff very attentive and friendly, overall everything is satisfactory with a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Book a deluxe bungalow upstair, get fabulous rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SarahDebbora
Reviewed September 19, 2012

As soon as we arrived we knew it was perfect for us. Peaceful, lovely gardens and just a lovely air of friendliness. The staff were exceptionally courteous and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. One email arranged a birthday cake for my partner free of charge which was a lovely personal touch. Breakfast was lovely and most importantly all well under cover and fresh. No trouble finding a sun bed and lovely and quite at night. We hired a moped for around £3.50 per day which enabled us to explore. The beach is quite a walk but no distance on the moped! The shops and restaurants are a taxi drive or moped ride away and there are some great places to eat. We used the spa which although more expensive than spas off site was well worth it. A lovely ambience and still cheap as chips! We travelled to Ubud for a few days then came back we liked it so much! Overall, a lovely hotel representing good value.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This hotel was a pleasure to stay in, as it was only our 2nd visit to Bali we had very high standards as we stayed in a 5 star hotel previously. Villa lumbung is considerably quiet considering it is off the main road. The pool area was magnificant. The hotel staff were lovely and helpful. The Beauty spa couldve have some upgrading the massage was very nice just the building on the inside and the furnishings were needing a facelift. hotel catered well for families, as well as couples and singles.
Overall we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family