“Lovely Holiday”

Ranked #43 of 145 Hotels in Seminyak
Halden, Norway
“Lovely Holiday”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

it was our first time in Bali, this hotel fulfil our needs, not so crowd and good services , locations not so far to the beach and the city, we love it!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Indonesian first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and it was everything we hoped for and more.
From the moment you get there, it looks pretty relaxing!

PROS
- Great value for money for the quality that you are getting
- The hotel is well presented scenically
- Pool was clean, relaxing and not too busy when we went (with a swim up bar too)
- Rooms were clean, tidy, and quiet throughout out stay (offpeak though..)
- All staff members in reception and at the restaurant were extremely helpful and friendly. Never once did we see them unhappy or unsmiley!
- Location is close to some great restaurants, money changer and convenience store
- Buffet breakfast had lots of options and were fresh and not over crowded or anything
- If you forgot to book tours, you can do it right there at their counter as you walk in
- All tour companies know of this hotel so they will definitely know where to pick u up!

CONS
- For the quality that you get, i felt the food at the restaurant was a bit overpriced. Especially when you have restaurants like Sarong and Tulip within walking distances. If youre desperate then ok...but if u can, save your money guys.
- The cocktails werent very good. We tried about half a dozen, bit strong, not very tasty either and pricey for the quality
- Free wi-fi constantly kicked you off the connection and made you log in over and over which was annoying. If you require a good connection, dont rely on theirs!
- A couple of the staff members were difficult to understand with their english
- Bathroom didnt have a shower head that was fixed to the wall! It was one of those ones where its a hose and you can take it off the wall and hold it in your hand. The height that the attachment was fixed to the wall would be alright if it was higher but it was around my belly button (im 5'9so i had to squat in the bath tub if i wanted to not hold the shower head!
- Our room had a few mozzies during the night. No mosquito net so you need to bring repellent or risk a bite a two. Nothing major, just annoying.
- If youre relying on some TV watching, well dont coz some of the channels have poor reception and you cant jump channels! You have to scroll up/down one by one and there are about 50 of them and majority are local so i couldnt understand much.

OVERALL
Its definitely not 5 star but not 3 star either. Its somewhere in between depending on what youve experienced and what youre used to. We were pleasantly surprised at what we got for the price that we paid. Very affordable and had everything we needed. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid the room by the ground floor entrance where everyone comes in and out.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Beekool
Reviewed February 7, 2012

In my experience of staying in hotels there is usually something that just slightly let's a place down.. However at villa lumbung I could not find anything! The place is an oasis. From the minute you walk in you know you have booked the right place. My girlfriend and I stayed in a upstairs villa and it was amazing. We felt like royalty. The villa itself was immaculate. I could not find a hint of dirt even, in the shower! The pool is stunning and the staff beautiful people. Wifi is good by the pool and dining area but didn't really work in the villa. The pool bar is a great place to meet people as, while the atmosphere is relaxed it still has a great vibe for a cocktail or six. Happy hour 4-6 30% off cocktails so during they set you back around $5 each. Brekky is good with Live egg station and a variety of other treats. They serve brekky until 11 which was great for some of the bigger nights. The location is fantastic. It's a really peaceful spot roughly 2min taxi to all the action. Cost about 9000rp. Very highly recommend this place! A+

• Stayed February 2012
8 Thank Chosh1
hk
Reviewed February 6, 2012

good time there .
simple and friendly .
not fare away from the beach and very nice restaurant near by .
good for a few days only.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank rudyp
Nrth NSW
Reviewed February 4, 2012

We , a family of 2 adults and 2 kids ( 7 and 10 yrs ) spent 5 nights at Vila Lumbung recently. We loved it !
We had an upstairs bungalow and the room was amazing ! Huge king bed for us, king day bed for the girls , plus a table and lounge , big bathroom and balcony with a single day bed also. The room is set out with Balinese furniture and architecture with beautiful high ceilings.
We were in 8A , right across from the pool , so could even watch the kids swim whilst reading on the balcony !
From the start the staff were so friendly and helpful .
The buffet breakfast was great , with a huge selection and the best egg chef !
The resort never felt crowded ( it was not at full capacity ) and we were sometimes one of the only ones at the pool or at breakfast !
The pool was lovely ! Two levels , with waterfall , bridges and spa. We stayed at three hotels on our trip , and this was the favourite pool.
The hotel is so quiet and peaceful and yet so close to Seminyak ! You can walk up the road that leads to VL and there is a supermarket and several restaurants and spas to choose from. We ate twice at Warung Enys and the food was cheap and so good ! My husband and I had a massage at the beauty place just down the road and it was great , 60,000 rp for an hour.
We also got some DVDs just down the road and the quality has been great.
The food and drinks at VL are quite expensive compared to what you can get elsewhere so we did not eat much at the hotel. They have a kids menu which is good value , and the girls ordered pizza and Nasi Goreng one day around the pool for 35,000 rp each ( plus tax ) and the portions were huge.
We used VL as a base to explore Seminyak and Legian. We also did a day trip to
Padang Beach and Uluwatu with our driver Made ( booked thru Dewa from Bali car services ) and to Tanah Lot. . Both of these trips were fantastic , as is Made !
All in all we loved Vila Lumbung and cannot fault it for the room , pool , breakfast and staff !
We would come back for sure.

Room Tip: The upstairs bungalows are fantastic !
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Suzy7215
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I absolutely loved our stay at Vila Lumbung. Went to Bali with my boyfriend in January 2012 and could not have been happier with our choice of hotel.

We stayed in an deluxe upstairs bungalow room which was incredibly spacious with a huge bed and bathroom, day bed, balcony and beautiful Balinese style roof. The pool was great too and the poolside restaurant was nice to sit at in the evening. Breakfast was lovely- plenty of selection including eggs/omlette of your choice, pastries, pancakes, fruit, Indonesian dishes etc. Very nice!

What really set this place apart from others was the fantastic staff - so helpful and friendly. They seemed genuinely happy to help and very chatty and approachable. Also very helpful with organising transfers, advice for restaurants, etc. I was sick on the day of check-out and they allowed a later check out for us so I had some more time to recover (very appreciative!). They were all so lovely and really made all the difference in our stay!

Vila Lumbung is slightly out of the centre of Seminyak but it was nice to be staying in a quieter location. You can still walk to several nearby restaurants. We usually took a taxi as the roads can be difficult to walk on due to no footpaths but the taxi's to get elsewhere in Seminyak were less than AUD$2 and arrived within about 1 minute of the reception calling so very easy! The location was nice to be away from it all but still able to easily access shops/restaurants.

Overall, loved loved loved Hotel Vila Lumbung and would certainly recommend it for any couples or families visiting Bali!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Katie_s125
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Hello! I am writing this from the hotel lobby at Vila Lumbung. I was just showing the reviews to the girls from the hotel spa before they left for the evening...their names are Bonnie (nickname) and Eluh. They really enjoyed seeing the reviews and knowing that their hard work means alot to their clients. Please tell them "Cecilia" sent you! Absolutely lovely, helpful, professional and know the true art of massage, hair conditioning spa/massage and all of the amazing spa treatments on offer. I went for the package of $65USD for a choice of 6 treatments with one complimentary Traditional Balinese Massage as well. I have been to Bali a few times, and I am the fussiest person and love everything that is first class...I have high expectations, and VL delivered, and more! Firstly, I read reviews before coming and would have read reviews from approximately 40 hotels at least. I never thought I would write one becuase it is just not my "thing". However, I felt moved to write one because of how helpful everyone else's reviews were that really was my deciding factor to stay here...so thank you everyone who took the time to write a review! My important wants were to have a restful place, clean, beautiful, and hopefully a little paradise with a good breakfast included too. ;) I am staying in the upstairs bungalow (room 9A...views of pool on one side, gardens on the other, perfect!). It is huge, clean, marble floors but also wood inlaid on the floor so it is very luxurious feeling. Big windows and curtains, a day bed, huge bed, open lovely bathroom. It is not "brand new" but it really is well looked after and although has a luxurious feel and ambience and romantic too it is also quite earthy because it has natural beautiful wood and bungalow architecture with massive high ceilings...it is just so beautiful. A beautiful balcony, a huge day bed, the pool is immaculate, they come every morning to make up your room, provide glass water bottles (sealed) for the bathroom, there is a minibar, huge flat screen tv and dvd, and the food is very good! Breakast is buffet with a fresh made to order omlette station and mini pancake station, fresh tropical fruits (dragon, papaya, watermelon, melon, pineapple, plain yoghurt, a huge selection of danishes and pastries, a hot food section that changes daily (sausages, rice with nasi goreng, bacon, stir fried veg, potato dauphinoise, fish curry...6 different hot dishes each day) and of course toast and jams and juices, coffee, tea etc. It is an open restaurant overlooking the pools and you can choose one of the gazebo's to eat which is sits on its own and is very beautiful. The staff are really lovely and friendly. I know everyone says that, but really, they are more than willing to do anything for you. So helpful in posting my postcard, calling Matahari's for me for a specific item and giving me a late lunch today (at 4pm) because I wanted to use my free set menu (2 course) lunch voucher that was free. They have a pay for 5 nights and stay 6 night deal that comes with the free lunch for 2 persons per room. It is so peaceful here and is also close to fabulous cafes and shops in walking distance including a euro style cafe with the best coffee ever and french desserts...and I mean great desserts that top any Perth french patisserie...oui! It is called, Bali Catering Company...it is a cafe though. They also do fabulous raw smoothies and juices all fresh and incredible salads and real foods...good food....tasty, fresh, handmade. I feel at home at VL. They also have a huge staff to take care of the gardens and have the service and professionalism that beats any 5 star hotel I have ever stayed at and I have stayed at many in my travels abroad to over 10 countries and staying in 5 star hotels. The main thing I love about VL is that is not "clincial" and "hotel-like" and "rigid" etc. It is bali...it resonates bali...natural, beautiful, paradise, relaxing, quiet, friendly...a true tropical holiday to help you really get away from it all. I did not bring my laptop so I think wifi is only avail in lobby....but it is so HUGE that you would feel it is all your own lobby anyway. Well...back to my room to enjoy room service and a good book. Oh, and lastly, I am a solo traveller, so this is perfect. The right balance of privacy and also things to do. Happy holidays!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo