1,278 results
All reviewsdeluxe bungalowswim up barupstairs villaday bedpool areapotato headseminyak squaregreat poolbalinese stylestandard roomsome great restaurantsbuffet breakfastshower headground floorstayed here for nightsmoney changerrelaxing holiday
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We stayed at the Lumbung hotel for 3 nts recently as we had to extend our stay in Bali. We required 3 cheap extra nights and hotel Lumbung was the perfect option. It's good value for money. If you're expecting 5 star, then don't stay here as the accommodation is a little tired and could do with a revamp. But the staff, wonderful swimming pool and swim-up bar and just the general atmosphere of the resort totally made up for the rooms not quite being up to scratch. A very enjoyable stay all round.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank CGG180181
Reviewed November 7, 2011

iv stayed here now 6 times and they have never let me down , each year the staff & service are 5 star , iv stayed at many places in bali but nothing compares to the beautiful villa lumbung , the location , staff villas & service is so good im having my wedding there .

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank sarah m
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We recently stayed at the Vila Lumbung for the first three nights of our honeymoon in a delux room. This was an excellent hotel for the value. The room had modern features and a great balcony overlooking the resort grounds. The only issue we had in our room was that the bath tub leaked if you drew a full bath. They use refillable shampoo and conditioner clay bottles, which I found charming and eco-friendly but others may find unsanitary. I actually think the delux room is better for couples and the bungalows better for families. I would save the extra money and spend it on a Bintang rather than pay extra for the "private" bungalow.

The hotel pool was amazing. The multiple tiers helped to keep the pool quiet and less crowded. There were a few kids but they stayed mostly in the shallow end. The resort grounds were very lush and a pleasure to walk around, although it is a small resort.

The hotel is located a little outside of the busy touristy part of seminyak and only a 5 minute walk to the beach. There are multiple cheap spas right outside the door and a mini-mart so you don't have to pay for the overpriced services in the resort. The food is way to expensive inside the resort and I recommend only eating the free breakfast and exploring the area for much better food.

The staff was very nice and helpful. They arranged a transfer for us at no additional cost. It was nice to find a helpful front desk staff that wasn't taking a cut for themselves. They do have an arranged trip to Tanah Lot, but I would try and secure your own trip as it was 2-3 times the cost if you found a driver on the street.

Great resort. I recommend it to people who want a small quiet place without a ton of kids.

Room Tip: Get a delux room if you are a couple and a bungalow if you are a family.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank alicestader
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I stayed with a girlfriend this time so booked the Superior Room but was disappointed with the shower being in the bath at such a low height and having a problem with my leg I found it very difficult to climb into the deep bath. I asked to get upgraded to a Deluxe Room and was given the upgrade at a slightly reduced rate. I was hugely disappointed that as a repeat guest of 18 times, that I was not given a free upgrade as many hotels do after only 1 previous visit. I think the management at Vila Lumbung have a lot to learn about looking after repeat guests. The restaurant staff have a lot to learn about looking after guests at the pool. They do not check whether guests want food and drinks often enough and are mostly found sitting behind the Cashier desk. It is a ver poor reflection on the hotel and I am now reluctant to recommend Vila Lumbung to friends as I have done before. My friend who travelled with me was very disappointed with the service we received but loved the location, quietness, and size of rooms and pool area.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank valmajoy
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We were celebrating our anniversary and were luck enough to get an upgrade to a Deluxe Bungalow. We LOVED it. The staff were excellent (nothing was ever too much trouble), the rooms and the hotel generally were always clean (as was the pool), the food was delicious. Overall, a perfect stay at a perfect hotel. It is close to everything in Seminyak, but far enough away to get away from the KOAS. Highly recommend this hotel - we will be back!

Room Tip: The Deluxe Bungalows are great.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple