“Best place we have ever stayed in.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Vila Lumbung

Hotel Vila Lumbung
Ranked #42 of 141 Hotels in Seminyak
Adelaide
“Best place we have ever stayed in.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

We were here for 7 days. Had a great time. It's the only place we have stayed in that looks better once you're there than it does on the net. Friendly staff. The garden and the pool were just stunning. We stayed in a superior room and it was lovely. After being out all day it is so nice to come back to. Lovely and quiet. The pool and gardens and all the little paths are lit up at night and we would often have a drink by the pool. Didn't matter what time it was. So pretty. Lots of nice restraunts around it. Great breakfast. Cleaned the room every day and left 2 bottles of water everyday. Lovley sitting on the balcony overlooking the gardens. Most comfortable bed we have ever slept in. Only complaint is that the main strip of Seminyak is a bit of a walk and we ended up hiring a motorbike which was great. Good driver for day trips within the grounds. We are going back in January with our son and his girlfriend and we will stay here again without a doubt. Pure paradise!

Room Tip: Flight centre do good rates here.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sharonleigh63

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Indonesian first
Western Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

...we stayed here for 4 nights, having no idea where it was or too much about it.....what a lovely surprise. We arrived late, and had opted for the very professional hotel transfer...perfect. We had reserved an upstairs villa. The first room was probably in better condition, but we wanted to be closer to the pool, like a view! . We requested this at reception this next morning, nothing was a problem, in fact they gave us the keys to two villas, so we could check out which one we preferred. We were moved swiftly, with a smile. We loved our new abode. Daybed over looking the pool, big room, stunning bed linen on that big comfy king size bed. Staff were very friendly, breakfast okay, but not grand....great coffee and stick to the eggs cooked to order, they do that very well. The location is quiet but explore some of the fantastic restaurant around that area. The pool is beautiful, with the pool boy scooping up every dropped leaf and handing out fresh towels A great place to stay if you like a nice big room, lovely comfy bed and a very pleasant pool area. The one thing I would point out as a down side....the lack of atmosphere in the restaurant at lunch and dinner and the "swim-up" bar . They need to deck out the bar, so its inviting, not looking like its closed and unattended! Evenings at the restaurant are dead....go out!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nosbig2000
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2011

A tidy, comfortable hotel that is super friendly and we found it was great for us and our 3.5 year old. We stayed in a deluxe room which was big enough for a king bed and a single bed.

Close to everything in Seminyak: about a 2 minute drive to Ku de Ta (about $1AUD) and the shopping strip in Seminyak.

We arrived late from Sydney and found that they hadn't put up a bed for our son, but it was not a stress and they set one up within minutes.

Fantastic pool area for the kids! Drinks and food are cheap, Great wet bar. Awesome massages, if you don't mind not being in a spa set up, but rather in an outdoor hut near the pool area.

Will definitely come back here.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank bc4774
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

This was my 16th time at Vila Lumbung so you can see that I really like it. I generally come here with my sister and sometimes with my husband. We stay in the old Villa type rooms and have a favourite 9B which is very close to the pool and has a daybed on the front verandah as well as a table and chairs. The rooms are very big and ours has outdoor bathroom. I have also stayed in the much newer Superior rooms and find these to be of very good value. I have also stayed with extended family in the 3 bedroom villa which is great for a family of 6. The negatives about Vila Lumbung are 1. The staff have all been there for a long time and I think they are not thinking so much about the satisfaction of guests expectations any more. It is very hard to attract their attention when you are at the pool to get them to come and take food and drink orders. someof the staff at the front reception desk do not have a good grasp of the English language and it is difficult to get something done a lot of the time if you have a complaint. Regardless of these negatives,I love this hotel for its location and peacefullness. We have been staying here since 2001 and the staff have become an extended family for us. We love them all.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
dubbo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2011

We have just come back from 10 days at Vila Lumbung. Even though we went with friends who had happily stayed there a few times before I was a bit apprehensive after reading some of the reviews on here. Many of the guests we met had stayed numerous times & keep coming back. Value for money is excellent. Breakfasts are tasty and despite what some reviews say there is a lot of variety. the staff were very friendly & helpful. Everyone was blown away by the setting & gardens. The linen was changed every day and the king size bed one of the most comfortable we've struck in any hotel.
Yes, it's a bit out of the way, but taxis are so cheap it isn't an issue. There is a very good laundry close by & the Gourmet Cafe about 50m away has the best coffee in Bali & excellent food. Most guests like the fact it's an oasis away from the noise. Great for families too.
The spa is clean & staff well groomed. I had fabulous massages & pedicure.
No, it's not the ritz, but value for money it would be hard to find better. We would happily stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nellieDubbo
Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2011

That is my 1st time trip to Bali and we chose Vila Lumbung to stay in. It's for our 1st anniversary, and we chose to stay in double storey bungalow (upstair). Well, don't underestimate the photos you've seen. It looks small, and yet, the real room was spacious, well decorated, cozy, nice friendly staffs and quiet environment. We just love it!!! The bed was marvelous. It's hard for us to get away from the bed. We barely used the reading bed (which has SAME size with the main queen bed). Overall, it helped us in making our anniversary vacation so memorable :)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank epah_riyana
perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2011

We stayed at the vila lumbung from the 7 to the 13th of january with my sister and her family. Straight away i have to say that with less than 24 hours to get on the plane when my sister confirmed our booking for the 3 bedroom deluxe villa made early in 2010 we found out they had lost our booking. They offered us a reduced rate for the deluxe bungalow rooms instead. When we got there my husband and i were given a deluxe bungalow with twin beds my sister was given a similar room with a king, we were later offered a room for that night with a king upstairs which was not practical for our 2 yr old so we stayed put. The next day we were offered an upstairs/downstairs with a kitchen at a reduced rate and this is where we stayed for the rest of our time. I did get a chance to look inside the 3 bed deluxe villa and i have to say it looked a lot more suitable for our situation than what we ended up with. As previously stated there is no living area in these bungalows. Having said all that we had a pleasant stay and I would stay there again but i would be confirming my booking several times through out the year prior to arriving. The staff at the hotel were nice and were friendly to my children including the gate staff who always said hello and waved. The surroundings of the pool were beautiful and the pool itself was lovely my youngest played on the steps or was carried around by a parent and loved the slide. There were also plenty of sun beds everyday not that I got to sit on one ha ha. My family and I enjoyed the breakfast provided you can't beat someone making you a fresh omelette just the way you like it. There was plenty of choice regarding bread, cereals, pastries, and freshly made pancakes and toppings, savoury food bacon etc. one day I even had creamed spinach delish!. I didnt enjoy the semi outdoor shower but it was okay however we had an excessive amount of mosquitos in the rooms and all the children were covered in mosquito bites even though they had been covered in various repellents and we purchased mozzie coils.I loved the location of the hotel it was quiet but we had everything we needed in that street. Loved Kedazz the laundry so so cheap, the alfa supermart, the money changer gave good rates, the little beauty salon where i got a $6 massage I also went to body works which is a short distance away , Food wise room service was good kids shared the mee goreng a couple times and the lamb rack was great.I loved the gourmet deli (try the honey soy ribs). We also went to Bonita for dinner which was nice and Sarong for my sister birthday which was amazingly beautiful and the food was exquisite and the service impeccable and not as expensive as you would think. We went for a drink at ku de ta and sat up close to the ocean very nice but expensive drinks. Hubby and I enjoyed dinner at Biku one night which has a lovely atmosphere and pretty good food. You can walk around this area but the roads are quite bad and both my husband and brother in law fell over at the side of the road during the holiday walking back from dinner. Finally i would like to mentioned that I used the nannies from Karsini services and they were excellent and kids loved them, We were not much into the shopping but I really enjoyed relaxing, swimming and going to the spa and this is a far more affordable, relaxing and family orientated holiday than a week in Margaret river.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family