“A great day”

Santai Surf School Bali
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: TripAdvisor certificate of excellence for 2015, 2016, 2017!! Affordable, fun & unforgettable. Share our passion, be part of the excitement & join us now. Gede (owner & head instructor) is an ex Rip Curl & Kima Surf Camp Instructor. Experienced & professional with the best knowledge about surf breaks & waves in Bali. Henney, his wife is behind the scenes organising & communicating to offer you the best service. We offer personalised private/semi-private/group lessons & surf guiding to beginner to intermediate surfers & invite you to learn this rad sport with our family business in a safe & fun environment. In an ever-changing Bali we are trying to retain the original community spirit & harmony through our work with other Balinese people. Committed to helping other local business so. Enjoy life 1 wave at a time
Reviewed May 5, 2014

My 14 year old daughter had a fantastic time learning the first steps to her surfing future.
Great instructions with care and patience.
A wonderful experience.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

My 2 friends and I had an amazing experience learning to surf for the first time! Gede and Henny provided return transportation from hotel to Double 6 beach and were very efficient in communicating with us. We learned to stand and balance on the very quickly with Gede's guidance. Henny took outstanding pictures of us throughout the whole process! I would recommend everyone to get a lesson with Santai Surf school if you are in Bali!!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I booked a beginners lesson with Santai during my stay in Bali and it's one of the best things I did while there.
Henney and Gede are great. Gede got me standing during the lesson and was really patient, I can tell you that if I made it anyone else will if you book with them!
My emails were answered in a timely fashion and they were very punctual to pick me up.
It was a great experience and a lot of fun!!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Emailed the school to arrange surf lessons and they were very prompt in replying. I had a couple of days I was playing around with for surf lessons and without me asking, they, on their own accord, tried to work out the schedule at their end to accommodate me! When do you have a school who would do that for you?

Lesson day, Gede was more than prompt. We went to Serengan Beach which was a nice surprise since I did read beforehand that beginners are almost always taken to the same spot elsewhere. It was nice that we also started at 12pm because of the tides so I didn't have to wake up to a fixed 9am like other places. I chose to book a semi private lesson but it became a private lesson at no extra charge. Clear instructions were given and I stood on my second surf! I felt that lessons were tailored according to progress and level of comfort which I appreciate and I always felt safe although I was gradually surfing bigger waves. Gede loves the sport and taught me basic knowledge about the waves, he is also very encouraging and celebrates with you on a good surf.

If you're looking for more than a standard class that has the mission of simply getting you to stand in a beginners lesson at a fixed spot, and want to achieve the most you can each lesson, I would highly recommend Santai. We thought we were going to have a second lesson but cancelled due to schedule issues and didn't manage to have a photographer with us on the first day which was my only regret. Nevertheless Mum's first big camera attempt with photos of me far far out will always bring a smile to my face. Serengan Beach was great to be at and if even my risk averse mum (so much she insists on tagging along even if she just watches) says I should go with Gede out into the sea again, you should too. It will be a great quality learning experience.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Gede and Henney were wonderful to deal with, all emails were answered very rapidly
I booked 3 days of surfing lessons. I had never surfed and Gede got my standing on the first day.Gede picked me up from my villa, arranged for some fantastic photos to be taken, to ensure I had some wonderful pictures to remind me of the amazing time I spent.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction