“Great food wonderful staff”
Review of Mejekawi

Ranked #27 of 583 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We went for a 40th bday celebration (5 courses) staff were super accommodating on dishes that some of the girls didn't want. They explained the menu in detail & it was all delicious. Chocolate soufflé to die for. Kudeta rocks it's cocktails, atmosphere, food & staff - hard to beat!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I booked in for the 12 course degustation with matching wines. On arrival we decided to only go for the 5 course. The wines were nice. Food was not 'wow' as one would expect, especially for the price! $330 for two - a lot of money in Bali. I would not return. Sorry Ku De Ta. Service was good.

1  Thank Linda S
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We would rate this as in the same class as Mugaritz, El Celler de Can Roca, Arpege, Per Se, Bouley, Rockpooke, Tetsuyas and Attica. The food was highly innovative, the ingredients top notch and the staff easily amongst the best in the international hospitality industry. For example, cigar on the balcony with one of three first courses while watching sunset - no problems. Every staff member memorizing your name - no problems. Making sure dinner in 6 days time will have a different 12 courses - no problems. If only others in the hospitality industry were tgat hospitable! What a great restaurant!

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

This is your classic flip-flop fine dining, catering for semi casual beach-goers who want something a little special. The food is fabulous, especially for the price, and worth spending the extra cash in comparison to the restaurant downstairs. I loved the elements of fusion and enjoyed the meal very much! There were two major downsides that unfortunately impacted the experience.

We chose the 12 course as our friends said they regretted the 5 courses as they definitely wanted more; it was ridiculously too much food. It seemed like they have done away with their 7 course option which would have been more reasonable. The delicious and generous portions were appreciated but distracted a bit from the degustation - I remember struggling a bit when I still had two mains and four desserts to go! I don't think they changed the portions of the food between the two options, judging by our neighbouring table.

The service was probably the most warm and welcoming I've experienced so far in Bali. I would have rated this place 5 stars, I absolutely enjoyed the food even though it was too much as I was able to eat at my own pace anyway. However we had about 4 different wait staff attending to us and they asked us the same questions over and over throughout the 3-4 hours so it did start to feel a bit too much. Also need a bit of a system to differentiate between still and sparkling water - I had to tell 5 different staff not to pour still water into my sparkling and again, asking the same questions. All of these are first world problems, I know! In my view, service is one of the key differentiators in fine dining and if they are marketing themselves at that level, the little details count.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

We chose the five course set menu when we went to Meejekawi upstairs at KuDeTa. Excellent wine list with lots of Aussie and NZ options. Five courses included cerviche of coral trout, and extra chicken appetiser with anchovy and wild mushrooms; suckling pig (not to be missed) or carotene gnocchi as entree and the mains choice was lamb shoulder or Jimbaran seafood stew, both equally exquisite in taste and presentation.
Dessert choices were chocolate soufflé (definitely the superior option from our tables point of view) or vanilla panacotta. The panacotta was a little disappointing and brought out five minutes before the soufflés which was strange timing.
The only downside was the inability of staff to offer an alternative to the cerviche course for two of our group who do not like raw fish.
The view, service and standard of food was excellent. Definitely a must on a five dining list for Seminyak