“Brilliant, lovely owner.”

Warung Rumpis
Ranked #110 of 510 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Manchester
“Brilliant, lovely owner.”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Walked past this place a few times whilst in Seminyak so gave it a shot one night and was so pleasantly surprised.

Portions were excellent, plenty of it, it was so tasty very fresh and lots of flavour. Excellent value, less than 1km away the food prices are ridiculous and the quality is not there.

Berra are cheap too. We returned another time and it was just as good.

The owner was really lovely and chatted to us for ages, helping us to learn more about what was in the area. Go and try.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Richietag

Singapore, Singapore
“Worth a visit !”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We walked about 10 minutes in the hot afternoon sun searching for this place. We used google map for directions. It's up the lane next to Ultimo restaurant, walk straight past a few villas and once you reach a minimart, Warung Rumpi's is across from it. It was such a relief to sit down in a shaded spot with the fan blowing at our table and a cold drink forefront in our minds.

We were there around lunch time on Friday but surprisingly we were the only guests there. It's a typical warung, no fancy restaurant here. It's small, quiet and cozy and I liked the simple decor and atmosphere. The lady proprietor I think, took down our orders however got some of them wrong. Luckily we were too tired to complain and she was nice and friendly anyway so no biggie. We had coconut drinks, Sprite, a plate of glass noodles, 2 rice sets with grilled chicken and a bowl of tom yam soup. The grilled chicken was freshly cooked at the grill in front of us and the aroma was making our stomachs growl. A newly arrived guest ordered satay and I thought the satay looked so yummy on the grill. I find the grilled chicken to be moist and tender and one of the best I've ever had. The tom yam soup was on the sweet side though and not authentic enough, however a small gripe in an otherwise great meal. Cheap and good, highly recommended.

• Visited May 2014
Kingston ON Canada
“great food, friendly staff, reasonably priced..”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

my second time here and this time I tried the Ayam Bakar and it was as others have claimed - excellent.. along with nice cold Bintangs, just what I needed.. will return again for sure..

• Visited March 2014
Atherstone, United Kingdom
“great food , great price”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

stopped in here for a beer and got chatting to the owner of another restaurant called star apple who told us that rumpis food was excellent so we gave it a try and we were so glad we did. first time I had the grilled fish and sauteed Chinese vegetables. fantastic. fish grilled to perfection on the bbq in front of you and I have never had such tasty veg. second time I had the tom yum soup and although not as pretty to look at it was tastier than the tom yum I had in Thailand. cheap as chips and very friendly staff. if you are in seminyak you would have to be mad not to try this place. oh and it has the coldest beer in bali

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank travelpig2014
Perth, Australia
“Seriously good grilled chicken and cold beers”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Heard about Rumpis and was told to look out for the pink chicken, glad I found this little gem! The Ayam Bakar (grilled chicken) is delicious and would be the best I have had, cooked in front of you over the grill my mouth was watering just waiting. Only other items I enjoyed were the spring rolls and a couple of Bintangs. Beers were icy cold and free wifi was an added bonus. Great service and open air dining well worth a visit for lunch for dinner, I'll definitely be heading back when next in Seminyak.

• Visited January 2014