“Amazing food”

Meja Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #101 of 561 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian, Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The MEJA experience starts the moment you turn onto fashionable Oberoi street in the Seminyak - district of South Bali. Just look for the blue on the left. Set like a glowing opal, with a striking, modern façade of louvered steel, one look at this two tiered venue and you'll know you are going to have a great dining experience. We are presenting to you the concept "Back to the Roots": Indonesian cuisine at its best. Meet the tradition empowered by modern touch and aesthetics of our chef. The travelling with your taste buds can start. The traditional food from all over Indonesia will be served for you on one place: snacks, main dishes, sweets, Signature cocktails with local spirit and Balinese healthy drinks. For your comfort, we're also serving the International dishes and classics of Asian kitchen. Once inside, you will immediately feel at home. With its well trained and gracious staff, its soft teal and turquoise accents and murals, minimalistic modern design of the interior, MEJA is the perfect place for a first date, a business meeting, a family gathering or a private party. All in all, Meja Kitchen is an affordable stop for a dynamite dinner, with live music every day & promotions you'll enjoy. A great place to kick-start any adventurous evening in Bali, Meja is set to become a destination restaurant for any lover of great food and even better memories.
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have eaten here 3 times in a week and the food is amazing and really reasonably priced. The mojitos are buy one get one free during happy hour and are great with a big choice. We have been in Indonesia for a month and meja has been our favourite restaurant (better than Ayana and SOS club). The risotto is lovely as are the ribs. The spring rolls are our favourite starter as well as a vindaloo samosa which I think was a special. The desserts are also very good. The staff are excellent and very friendly.

Komang D, Manager at Meja Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Kelhut

Warm greetings from Meja team.
Thank you in a million ways for your visit at Meja and also giving us an excellent review on TripAdvisor .
We all glad knowing that you were had a great experience at Meja and enjoyed our food and drink.
I would say the same idea with you when talking about the Kaffir Lime Chicken Risotto.Could be a twist between Italian and Asian food and its superb.
Chef Brad create the menu following his creative mind and gathering all his idea from his traveling around the world.
Yet our mojito selection.We create the signature mojito with unthinkable flavor combination suit on tropical Island.
Don't worry ,we will not gonna make you bored cause we still have another flavors of mojito line up.

Again thank you very much for your contribution on TripAdvisor and for sure we are looking forward having you back at Meja.

Kind Regards

Meja kitchen & bar Management

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a deeply frustrating restaurant to review.

Firstly, the food was sensational - genuinely some of the best flavours I've ever tried in Bali.

We started with a fish cake dish that was served with a remarkable mango mayonnaise, and it was a great start to the meal. My wife had a garlic prawn dish that was just sensational. For mains, I had a Balinese style pork ribs served with a spicy mixed vegetables, while my wife had a lime and chilli risotto that was quite simply the best I've ever tried (was it cooked in coconut cream? Whatever the case, it was amazing).

Drinks were likewise superb, and the cocktail list, while not cheap, was absolutely remarkable. Whoever was working behind the bar really, really knows his stuff.

So, for food and drinks alone, this place should be right at the top of the Legian list.

But here's the clanger. The service was just terrible. It wasn't rude, or dismissive or lazy...it was just utterly incompetent. That everyone was clearly trying so hard just made it worse.

My wife and I were looking for a long, lazy dinner and drinks. When we sat down, we had our drinks order taken (a beer and a pineapple juice to start). After about ten minutes (no drinks), we gave our food order. Entrees arrived about 2 minutes later - but still no drinks. The drinks then arrived, but the order was wrong. They were replaced, and, just as we were half finished the entrees, the main course hit the table. Our half-finished dishes and half-finished drinks were whisked away and orders taken for new ones.

With the main course, the same happened again. As soon as the plates hit the table, the staff were hovering, waiting to steal them away from us. I have never felt so rushed in my life - we were in and out of the restaurant in 45 minutes flat.

It wasn't as if the place was crowded or busy, it's just that the pacing for the meal was entirely wrong. It was all a bit Falty Towers.

So, Meja does some things amazingly well and some things amazingly badly. They need a new manager. If they can get the service right, this place will be a sensation.

Komang D, Manager at Meja Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Lan_Pratt

Warm greetings from Meja team.
First of all please accept my sincere apologize for what happened with your dining experience at Meja.We do highly appreciate your review on TripAdvisor as it will be our motivator in stepping up to the next level.
We will keep pushing our team to improve our quality of product and service.

I am sure that will be big space for us to be improve since we just open a couple months.
We all glad that you were enjoyed our food and drinks indeed.

Please lets us serve you again in your next future visit and we will be very happy to ensure your experience will be on top of it.

Please feel free to contact me on your next visit as I can personally ensure you best experience at Meja.

Again thank you for your visit at Meja.

Kind Regards

Komang Darma
Meja kitchen & bar Operation Manager
E : komang.darma@mejabali.com
P : 081236331364

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Coming here with my friend from jakarta.
They just got reference for going to meja. And we really satisfied with the ambience and music. For me the price is reasonable.

Komang D, Manager at Meja Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear Muhammad F,

Warm greetings from Meja team.
Thank you for your visit at Meja and also giving us such a very good review on TripAdvisor.
We all very happy understanding that you were having good time with us at our Lounge and for sure we will have good DJ line up.

Modern style lounge with very reasonable price yet the wide selection of beverages.

We look forward having you back at Meja.

Kind Regards,

Meja kitchen & bar Management.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The night started with a bang when hubby ordered a maple bacon martini (he feels bacon is a food group). I had a Vanilla and pommegranate Mojhito and both were fabulous.

Meja is a very trendy restaurant overlooking the main drag in Seminyak. So while sitting outside is noisy, Meja isn't your standard Bali restaurant with Me Goreng on the menu.

Hubby had a fabulous duck risotto and I had a chicken, pesto pasta and both were spectacular. This was fresh pasta and someone who knows how to slow cook a risotto.

For dessert we shared the chocolate cake which melted in your mouth.

I'd recommend Meja for a night out in Seminyak with a real difference.

Komang D, Manager at Meja Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear KelFryer,

Warm greetings from Meja team.
Thank you in a million ways for the review posted on TripAdvisor regarding your experience at Meja.
All the team are very very happy acknowledge that you were having a great experience with us.
The cocktails you had are the highlight,we try to combine both food and drinks to create new sensation of taste.Yet the large selection of our Mojito could be the best mojito in town.

And all the food was created with all of passion from Chef Brad.What we are doing is the best value for money and slightly different with neighbors.

But anyway thanks again for your visit and all of the team will be very happy welcoming you back at Meja.

Best Regards,

Meja kitchen & bar management.

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Awesome food and value for money. We had a chicken risotto for lunch that was beautiful equal or better than I've had anywhere in the world. Great cocktails in Jars very trendy. Only a new place but is kicking some goals. A must to go for a great feed.

Komang D, Manager at Meja Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Wilson,

Warm greetings from Meja team.
We would like to say thank you for your visit at Meja and also for your excellent review on TripAdvisor.

All the team even happier that you were enjoyed our products.
Regarding the food I am totally agree with you that the Chicken Risotto is the best meal .I could say the best chicken dish I ever had too.
Yet the selection of mojito will pampering you with refreshing taste of tropical island.
we still have another interesting Mojito flavors line up so make sure be with us again.

Look forward having you back at Meja.

Regards

Meja kitchen & bar management.