“The Perfect Haven”
other travelers have booked this property
A view from the back of the pool towards the front of the property.
Your inside entry for privacy.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
A view from the back of the pool towards the front of the property.
Your inside entry for privacy.
Gardens all around you. Quiet beauty.
Our view out from the pool pavilion down one of our pathway to our entry.
The walkway from our entry to the Main Villa.
View of the main Villa, where the Guest Suite is. Queen Bed, Single Bed, AC, Garden Bath. TV.
The main Pavilion in front of the pool and the entry to the Guest Suite
View to the Pool & Bale where our guests can eat, visit, work, relax, with  fan, electricity, light.
Poolside dining. Breakfast by the pool or in our open garden dining room.
A view of our pool with our day bed from the Island of Madura
Our sun warmed pool in the evening.
A taste of our beautiful gardens and pond.Orchids, waterlilies, koi, plumeria tree, hanging moss
Our guests enjoying our naturally warmed pool
Our entry koi pond and Bale.
Main entry walk into the gardens, along the Koi pond.
Villa Guest Suite, from the Queen bed to the writing desk, the built-in window day bed on the right.
Guest Suite Garden Bath reflection in the mirror showing the outdoor shower
A view to the Guest Suite from the garden bathroom.
Side pathway to Bungalow Melati
View to the Kitchen/Dining/Sitting Pavlion from Bungalow Melati´s side porch.Open 24-7 for your use
Pathway to the back of the gardens to Bungalow Bunga Kecil, our private Honeymoon Bungalow.
Garden and pond on the pathway through the gardens of Bungalow Bunga Kecil.
Catching frogs
Secret Garden
Bungalow Bunga Kecil's entry pathway.
Lovely view of the front of Bungalow Bunga Kecil
A view from Bungalow Bunga Kecil to the Family Temple and Bales
A view to one of our lotus koi ponds from the porch from Bungalow Bunga Kecil
Bedside in Bungalow Bunga Kecil
Bungalow Bunga Kecil bamboo single bed
Long view to the shower and dressing area. in Bungalow Bunga Kecil
Vanity and wash basin in your garden bathroom in Bungalow Bunga Kecil.
Reflection of the garden in the mirror over the vanity in Bungalow Bunga Kecil bath room
Bunga Kecil's lovely side garden with yellow bamboo.
Another view of the Bale in front of Bungalow Bunga Kecil for breakfast,reading,mediation or yoga.
From the corner of our 2 rivers walking to Bungalow Bunga Kecil
Villa Sanggah Family Temple entrance.Sanggah in Balinese means Family Temple
A side view of the communal Pavilion. Kitchen / Dining Room / Sitting Room.
A favorite spot for our guests our kitchen/dining pavilion open 24/7 for you. Cook Dine Visit.
Side entrance to our main kitchen and dining/sitting room.
OUR New Bar B Que! A gift from a 5 STAR repeat guest of ours. Great for our family dinners & parties
The Buddha garden off the side door of the kitchen.
Open garden dining room for you 24/7.
Garden view when enjoying your time in our lovely open kitchen dining room sitting pavilion
Risotto cooking lessons from Micaela, one of our return guests in the main kitchen.
3 of our Balinese staff
Another lovely corner to pass through
One of our wonderful garden spots, this one outside the main kitchen back door.
BANANAS...we got ´em! We can´t stop them!
Next to the Bale, looking to where 2 rivers meet & the back of the River Temple. Magic corner.
The view across from the bamboo hut.
Our back Lotus and Fish Pond
Orchids growing off the coconut tree
A view up our river which runs along the whole property.
Offerings at the River Temple
Ibu Ketut carrying young yellow coconuts to the temple for cleansings.
Sanggah in Balinese means Family Temple and we have a beautiful Family Temple in the back garden,
Our Balinese Family Temple dressed up for a ceremony
We happily grow our own orchids papayas,mangos,bananas, limes. .
FRUIT! We grow as much as possible to serve to our guests.Bananas, Papayas, Mangoes.
We have open sky, palm trees. river & flowers. No buildings on our borders, no concrete jungle.
4 of 10 of our wonderful Balinese Staff.
Tanah Lot Temple, an incredible Temple only a beautiful 20 minutes ride away from our Villa.
Take a tour of the beautiful island of Bali
Rice Terraces, amazing to see, sense,smell.
Terrace View
North Bali rice paddies
Map of our corner of Bali. X marks our spot. You can see from this map how close the Indian Ocean is
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Lance N
“The Perfect Haven”
Reviewed May 2, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

I don't know what the perfect homestay looks like but, for the last week or so, Villa Sanggah has felt like it. For an older man, travelling with two adult daughters, Bali can be wonderful but taxing. Imagine returning to a serene and beautiful villa in a luxuriant garden with an inviting pool and cool and shady spaces.

Nothing was too much trouble for Georgeanne and her team. Breakfast was leisurely and varied to taste and we mixed well with the other guests who were delightful in themselves. Georgeanne's experience on the island was freely shared and much appreciated.

We will have fond memories of Villa Sanggah, the team there and the two feisty hounds.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Genuine warmth of the whole team.
Liked least: The rooster next door.
Traveling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
May 3, 2016
Thank you so much for this lovely review. It was a delight to have you and your daughters here with us. I learned much as well, Yes, it is beautiful here and it is home away from home for all our return guests. Come back soon. Till then. We thank you again.
Kathrin A
“My home in Bali - a hidden sanctuary”
Reviewed April 13, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

I have spent almost 3 months at Georgeanne's Villa Sanggah and I must say, I feel blessed that I had the chance to do so. This place is outstanding - in every single way. The quality of the bungalows, the kindness of the staff, the lushness of the tropical garden that the property is embedded in, the yumminess of the breakfast (best pancakes in town), the fun-factor of the doggies that protect you against basically anything and of course Georgeanne - the owner and soul of this remarkable place. She is fun, interesting but never invasive or occupying your personal space if you don't feel like chatting or anything - however, if you decide to do, get ready for the most funny and crazy life stories ever. She has really some stories to tell ... :) What is beautiful about this place is that it feels like home, not like a random hotel. When I got "home" after running around all day, opening the gate, being greeted by the buddha statues at the entrance, I just relaxed immediately. It is quiet and private - even when there are other people in the other rooms, it will never be crowded. My fiancé was writing on a book while he was there and he keeps saying how much he misses the inspiring atmosphere of the place - when you sit in one of the little huts to meditate and to write, you just do not want to be anywhere else in the world anymore. We rarely even left the property on the weekends - because we just loved it too much ... Bali has a lot to offer - it is magical on so many levels, but if you are in the Seminyak area you won't be able to find a place like that anywhere else ...I promise you - you will feel the same.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Apr 14, 2016
Hello. I knew you would write a wonderful loving review but never expected something so warm so both of you, of course then, yes I did. How could you not, being the gorgeous people that you are. We all, Buddah, staff, gardens fish, puppies and me, thank you with all our hearts. See you ASAP...Georgeanne
laurahF68...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amazing oasis, set back from the hubbub of Seminyak”
Reviewed February 13, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Villa Sanggah was the highlight of my trip to Bali. I stayed here with a friend, and we loved it. Georgeanne is an incredible host, with many stories to share about her life, the Villa, the neighborhood, Bali, and the world. The environment at Villa Sanggah is tranquil: beautiful, well cultivated gardens surround the charming, quiet rooms. Breakfast is by the pool in the morning, and we enjoyed chatting with Georgeanne and her others guests. She walked us to the beach on the first day of our stay, which is close by, and showed us to her favorite (cheap!) spot by the water to get a bite to eat. I would stay here again without a doubt on my next trip to the island.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Traveling group: Friends
Feb 14, 2016
Thank you so much for your kind review, we loved having you here, such great things I learned from you. Villa Sanggah does indeed attract wonderful, interesting guests that become friends.
Kempenfel...
Sorrento, Australia
“Just amazing!”
Reviewed February 9, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

I had the pleasure of staying at Villa Sanggah with my husband and almost 3 year old daughter for a week. I celebrated my 40th there and I wanted to stay somewhere special - this was the perfect choice!
Georgeanne arranged for her driver Gusti to pick us up from the airport and then personally met us at the gate when we pulled up. As soon as you enter the gates of the property, the peace and tranquility greet you.
We stayed in bungalow melati which was perfect for our little family.
We ate breakfast by the pool each day and spent much of the rest of our days there. Our daughter loved the big step at the shallow end and made good use of the pool noodles :) The gardens are stunning and lovingly tended to by Georgeanne and her staff.
Cafes and restaurants are a short walk away, or Georgeanne will help you order something in if you don't feel like leaving. The hustle and bustle of Seminyak is only a short taxi ride away too.
The staff were all lovely and we arranged for one of the ladies to stay with our daughter one night while we went out for dinner. There is 24 hour security and we felt very safe.
Overall, I just can't imagine finding somewhere better to stay. If you are looking for a relaxing retreat, this is the place for you.

Apr 10, 2016
Thank you so much for choosing Villa Sanggah. We all had a wonderful time. It was delightful to have your lovely family here with us. Please come back soon.

Georgeanne
Paul W
North Perth, Australia
“Exceeded my expectations - Absolutely stunning !!”
Reviewed February 8, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

I had very low expectations for Bali and my wife was concerned I would not be happy with staying in a apartment building with party's going on all night etc. She chose Villa Sanggah based on all the great reviews and I must admit I had my doubts .... I now realise that staying here was what made our Bali trip so perfect, relaxing and amazing :)
On the drive in the taxi driver Gusty made a discreet call to let Georgeanne know of our imminent arrival and being met at the gate by Georgeanne was the first of many positive surprises about this villa.
What was best - well the pool, the staff, the outside Japanese style shower, the privacy, the comfy beds, discreet room cleaning each day (when we were out), only having 6-8 guests on site as a maximum, the relaxing friendly vibe........
Even though there are other villa's around this property it took a few days before we realised this. There was no noise or interference in any way from outside the walls. We felt safe with 24h security (which appeared to be unnecessary)
All in all it was a perfect 8 days, staying here allowed us to have a very safe and comfortable base to do a little exploring around Bali. Our daughter loved the pool so much we hardly found the desire to leave the property anyway - only for food and to walk down the beach a few times.
I would recommend this to anyone wanting a quiet peaceful and respectful place to stay, sheltered from the craziness of Bali which is just outside the gate !

Liked best: Privacy / comfort / cleanliness
Traveling group: Young Children
Older travelers Families with young children
Apr 10, 2016
Hello and thank you.
What wonderful things to say about us. It is lovely to hear from you. It was a treat to have you and your beautiful very happy family here with us. VS draws such wonderful interesting guests. We are very fortunate.
Please come back.
amicrazy
Boulder, CO
“Made me love Bali instantly!”
Reviewed November 20, 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

If you appreciate a garden that has been well-loved, where orchids peek, and every day brings a new discovery, or dining outside with the sounds of birds around, or bathing in a shower surrounded by plants and the sun shining just beyond, then this is the place for you.

I loved getting up each morning and crossing the garden to a plate of fruit, some of which grow in Georgeanne's garden, to start each day. The staff were so kind, and so thoughtful. Pak Heru and Ibu Ketut even got my phone a new SIM card. At night, I was very comfortable in a large room where I had a desk to work (yes, sadly I was there to work!) and lovely dark wood floors. I loved the veranda, the pool where camboja (frangipani) flowers floated every morning and a carved Balinese bed was reflected in the water as I swam. Georgeanne is a wonderful woman and artist who helped us even after we had to move out to Nusa Dua.

This is a place for quiet, for relaxation, for contemplation and the appreciation of beauty. It's not the spot for people who are in Bali to go wild. You can walk to the beach from the house on a busy road with no sidewalk, and there are restaurants, shops, currency exchange, telcom in walking distance, too. The house is off a narrow gang and does not have parking except for scooters. There are two dogs that guard the property, and you will need to make friends with them. (They will still bark, but it makes you feel safe!) I was there on my own for several days, so it was a haven!

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beautiful setting and kind hospitality
Liked least: Having to leave!
Traveling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
Nov 21, 2015
We thank you so much for your beautiful review. You both were a delight and we all will be friends forever, truly. Looking forward to you next visit.
Rebecca R
“Paradise Found”
Reviewed October 4, 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

Have been to Bali several times over the year's and this by far was my favourite place. We felt so safe and secluded, yet walking distance to all the restaurants you could need. Georgeanne and all the staff were wonderful, somehow always there when needed, but always provided privacy. Gardens were spectacular. I so miss my breakfast by the pool. Anyone looking for peace, beauty, relaxation, this is the place. We can not say enough wonderful things about our stay here.

Oct 5, 2015
Hello to you both and thank you for such a lovely review, you both were a delight, easy and fun. We do hope that you return to us soon.
Thank you again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing