“1st time Bali travellers”

Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak
Ranked #53 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed April 1, 2014

My husband, daughter and I stayed at Vasanti for 6 days. It was our 1st time to Bali so we didn't know what to expect. We went with this hotel on advice from someone else and it was amazing. We got in late Sunday night and were greeted with a cool fruit juice while we got our room organized. We found the staff very willing and eager to please the guests from the bell boys to the front office staff and dining room staff. I would like to give a special mention to the following couple of people, front office DEWI , she was very capable and willing in her job which made our stay even more relaxing and to MERTA in the dining room, he was an inspiration to young people who want to further their career, he would always go the extra mile for his guests, WELL DONE TO THEM BOTH, but in saying that the rest of the staff were very competent in the roles at the hotel. I would stay there again but probably not in the warmer months as the humidity is not to my comfort zone. WELL DONE VASANTI

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jill V
VasantiSeminyak R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Jill V,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your wonderful experience on TripAdvisor.

It was a great pleasure to read and share your review with the Vasanti team. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and I will personally pass your compliment to Dewi and Merta, they will definitely pleased to know you’ve acknowledged their professionalism. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I would like to thank you for such a descriptive post towards our Resort.

Thank you once again & we all are looking forward to having you back with us.

Warm regards from all of us in Vasanti Seminyak Resort.

Goya A. Mahmud

Write a ReviewReviews (1,302)

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We enjoyed the deluxe room with pool access, the great music in the restaurant and pool area itself. The room was very nice and comfortable and great value for money. The food in the restaurant and for room service was excellent. I saw the most beautiful sunset from my room (see picture). The check in process, while thorough, seemed unnecessarily long - we had just come from Padangbai by car through heavy traffic and we just wanted to go to our room. You need to be careful of some of the flooring where there is a slight difference in floor levels. I tripped and fell over on the concrete floor. I advised staff of this, but they did not seem to understand my concerns and there was no apology. There should be some warning signs or something to indicate the difference in floor levels. One restaurant in Seminyak did this very well, placing candles along the wall. The music was very cool and I asked for a play list several times, but there was no follow up from the staff. Overall though, I would recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: I recommend a room with pool access. However, there are plenty of sun lounges around the pool and be...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Traveller204674,

First and foremost we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us as it is through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve and maintain our standards.

Glad to hear that overall your stay was an enjoyable one. I do apologize for some areas which fall short of your expectations in term of our floor level which made you tripped and fell over. Your comments are to the point and I appreciate very much that you took the time to share this with us and we will follow up this issue to avoid similar experiences in the future.

I once again would like to thank you for assisting us in improving our services and if your travels take you back to Bali in the near future please contact me directly and I would be happy to assist your stay.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Great look and feel. Modern style with local accents. Spacious and clean rooms. Walk in shower, bathtub and toilet clean and good (mood) light.
The garden with a pool (about 40 meters long / 1m20 deep) excellent for chit-chatting sitting alongside during daily happy hour, but also for making leaps for the gymnast. On the lawn many colourful fatboys are to be found. All looking fresh and clean. In the garden is a most of the time a nice breeze, due to way the buildings are set on the property. Simple, but new and efficient gym for a daily workout. The restaurant is overviewing the garden from the 2nd floor. Open and lots of fresh air. Rooftop bar great views over sawa, 'local' houses and even the sea!
last but certainly not least : the staff. We consider ourselves frequent Bali-travelers over last decade. We enjoy the friendliness, the beauty of the people. The staff of Vasanti is exceptional. we can state, we came as guest and left as friends who will meet soon again. Some names I'd like to mention : Esa, Gede, Merta, Yuhlia, Agung (and many more ....) from housekeeping, frontdesk, spa & gym, poolbar and restaurant YOU OPERATE AS A TEAM and make your guests feel like home. And it comes in a very natural way. Honestly, we haven't met so much friendliness, accurate, sincere staff who is clearly enjoying their jobs. Thank you for being your guests. Sampai jumpa lagi!

Dear David_1972_2010,

Thank you for your time to share your experience after stay in our resort.

I am very pleased to learn that my team was able to meet your personal expectations especially since we dedicate ourselves in striving for absolute perfection in order to make our guests stay as memorable as possible.

I personally think that you really captured all of the best elements of our resort including the room, garden, our fabulous rooftop bar and and particularly the services. I am very grateful for your review shared here on Tripadvisor.

Your compliment toward our resort is highly appreciated and we hope to see you return soon. Sampai jumpa!

Best regards,

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Vasanti. I booked this resort after hearing a recommendation from my friend who has stayed here before. The Junior Suite was luxuriously spacious and the décor was beautiful. They gave discount coupons for room service and restaurants and also Happy Hour for spas and massages. The food was great and the service provided by the staff was excellent. I would definitely return to this resort if I'm visiting Bali again!

Room Tip: Junior Suite! The hotel offers complimentary high-tea in a private Garden Lounge for Junior Suite an...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
VasantiSeminyak R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Ann T,

Thank you for your valuable review. It is an honor to received such a wonderful comment. it certainly makes everyone feel proud to be recognized for all the hard work and professionalism on customer satisfaction that we have always strive for.

Looking forward to welcome you back again soon!

Warm regards from all of us here in Vasanti.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We recently stayed at the Vasanti for just over a week. We had a Deluxe pool access room. Overall we thought it represented excellent value given the location and the rate we payed. It's by no means a top class hotel and a few things let it down, but if you are after a good value place to stay with a nice pool and friendly staff in this area you'll be happy.

The pro's:
Great pool, I think one of the coldest I've come across in Bali and that's a good thing, they are often more like a warm bath. It's a nice size pool too.
The location we thought was good although we did hire a scooter so the small road that the hotel is on was no problem for us. If we had to walk down here a few times a day, maybe that would change our minds, but not overly I don't think.
Bed was very comfortable.
Everyone is super friendly.
It's very quiet, we slept well, except for the night that housekeeping thought it would be a good idea to clean the room next door at 11:30pm and made a racket. (they did stop when I called the Duty Manager to point this out though)

The con's:
You get what you pay for here really, it's 4 star at best. Although it's a new hotel, the towels look like they have been purchased from a 20 year motel that was having a clear out. We thought the room was very clean, but the towels, robes, pool towels all were unsightly, often with stains. Not a major problem don't get me wrong, but some lack of attention to detail here.
Smoking at breakfast. I know it's Bali, but we only had breakfast in the hotel twice, mostly for this reason, we might have just been unlucky though.
There isn't a huge amount of shade around the pool (we are Aussies) The pool access rooms are in full sun from 2pm to 6pm. So be aware of this. There are only 3 umbrellas around the pool, so if you want shade you need to use one of the bean bags and find a shady bit of grass. We worked around this but normally spend the day out and about and like to crash around the pool in the afternoon and it was just a little difficult.

Again though, in fairness it's good value and we'd probably go back if the rates remain at this level and we'd probably have more fun next time with a realistic expectation of what you get for this kind of money.

Dear Maillot-Jaune,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to all of our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations.

I have taken notes of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Thank you for the opportunity to be your host in Bali.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 25, 2014

The vasanti suite package is a very good deal. The room is beautiful and comfortable. Their staff is friendly and very very accommodative. I would love to go back there again. Therefore I would like to give some feedback on the following
Staff should be more well verse with their promotion package and guest entitlement. Eg mini bar should be auto top up , as it's included in the package.
Suite menu should be improved ,I am offered the same menu for 5 days lunch and dinner. Honestly the quality and taste of the food is quite disappointing. Compliment goes to sunset bar they served really good cocktails. Thank you to all the hotel staff for making my stay as enjoyable as possible.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear SabrinaTan2014,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback.

I am happy to find that our hotel is so comfortable for you. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations. However, I regret that your stay was negatively impacted by the issue of food quality.

I will definitely address your concern to our my team and will always keep this matter on my personal check list . Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we all hope that there will be another chance to be your host again when you return to Bali.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

My wife and I have now stayed at Vasanti three times in 6 months now. I cannot tell you what amazing value this place is. We travel extensively around the world staying at hotels in the 4 - 5 star range. This resort wins on all points. Service, layout, luxurious lap pool, food, extremely comfortable king size bed, Flat screen TV ( with excellent reception ) and ipod Bose speaker. The music throughout the resort is well chosen slightly hip and very inoffensive. Did I mention how nice, courteous and efficient the staff are!!?? This is such a typically beautiful Balinese trait. All this is available for $65 AUD per night!!! Many of our friends who also travel extensively have stayed here on our recommendation and have certainly not been disappointed. Vasanti is only 300 metres from Jalan Pettitenget which has some of the best restaurants in the world. Why would you ever want room service? I fail to see how anybody can complain about this resort on any level! By the way i am not in any way connected to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank PerthShane57
VasantiSeminyak R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear PerthShane57,

First and foremost thank you so much for giving us the 3rd chance to welcoming you.

I am so happy that we have been able (again) to create a memorable experience for you and your wife. I will share your compliments with the teams as I am sure it will motivate them to keep up the good work.

We really appreciate your recommendation toward our resort and will never get bored to welcoming you again and again someday, here in Vasanti Seminyak Resort.

Warm regards from all of us here in Vasanti Seminyak Resort.

Goya A, Mahmud