“Nice rooms with awful service”

Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak
Ranked #55 of 144 Hotels in Seminyak
“Nice rooms with awful service”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Vasanti clearly has cheaper price compared to other hotels with equal facilities. Unfortunately it's more like because you don't really pay for the service!
1) With limited breakfast menu selection, this hotel's scrambled egg is the WORST SCRAMBLED EGG I have ever tasted my whole life! I am such a big fan of scrambled eggs and this is the first time I feel like puking right after my first bite!
2) When I was having breakfast with my baby, I asked the waitress named Desak for a baby chair. Rudely she asked, "Where's the baby? I can't see him?"
3) Another crazy thing is they put an in-room breakfast menu in the Room Service list yet they DIDNT ALLOW US TO ORDER IT and insisted that we HAD to go to the restaurant! My father was sick at that time so he can't go out so I asked the Room Service staff to help me, then she kept saying that I'll be charged for doing this. I said whatever! My father was sick and he can't go out so I'll pay however!
4) Still in the same situation, after ordering an in-room breakfast for my Dad, I went to the restaurant with my husband. Then the waitress (it's Desak again) asked if we were the ones who ordered the in-room breakfast, then asked us to REPEAT THE FOOD SELECTION WE ORDERED OVER THE PHONE ALL OVER AGAIN. And for the 1000th time she said that WE'LL BE CHARGED FOR IT. It left me too angry so I just stood there speechless!
5) The pool WON'T give you towels until 10am. Me and my husband swam before that and had to go to our room on the 2nd floor with wet clothes!
6) There are LOTS of elevators that they just left TURNED OFF. I bet they just simply wont pay more for electricity bills! With lots of guests waiting they should've turned it all on!
7) The housekeeping staff didn't know which light switch works for what light! The tv channels are also off for the whole day on our last day of stay. They didn't respond to our complain and said that it happened to the whole hotel instead (????)
8) The only thing that pleased me staying there is the reception staff called Ita. She's the only one doing her job well!
9) One more thing, NO WASTE BIN at the pool area, they just expect us to leave the garbage around!

Am I going back to this hotel? CERTAINLY NOT!!!!! They have fancy building but they don't know how to treat guests at all!!!

4 Thank radenprisya
VasantiSeminyak R, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback.

I was horrified to read your experience that leads you to place your contribution onto tripadvisor.com. I will personally lead an investigation to find out all those matters that you have been highlighted, and make sure that these embarrassing incidents will never happen again in the future.

I do hope that this experience has not permanently tarnished your opinion of us and that we will have the opportunity in the future to regain your confidence in our Resort.

Goya A. Mahmud
Vasanti Seminyak Resort Bali

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Good location, just 5mins walk from beach. The staff were very friendly, especially Dewi from reception, she was the one who managed everything for us. pool excellent but the prices in restaurant and bar were overpriced, as well as spa.But overall very nice stay and would go there next time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jan S
VasantiSeminyak R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable experience with us. We are all are very happy to hear that your recent stay was enjoyable, I will definitely share this with my team.

I will assure you that Vasanti Seminyak Resort will always improve and maintain the service standard to pampering our guest a memorable experience. We will look forward to welcoming you back and amaze you with another memorable experience

Best regards

Goya A. Mahmud
General Manager.
petth
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Before even getting our room I felt so welcome, particularly from the friendy and attentive service provided by Bayu, so kind and helpful. His service is a credit to the already lovely hotel. I thank you so much for an unforgettable week away

1 Thank jamiemeagher
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Nice pool friendly staff but with a no care attitude, pool does not have enough shade and the hotel does not stock any wine!!! Badly built and not cleaned well and noisy most rooms have a connecting door so therefor noisy. We paid everything as we went but at checkout still we're asked by staff about items that were already paid for also booked a wake up call but never got it!!! Staff just looked blank when asked about it last straw was transport was paid to go to our Nusa Dua hotel but driver dropped us off at wrong hotel and went!! Rang Vasanti but did not want to help, so more money spent in transport!! Very disappointing from a new hotel - give me the older ones any day at least the staff know what they are doing.

Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I seriously love Vasanti Seminyak Resort. This place is in Petitenget Street. Price is very reasonable with the amazing hospitality services !

Stayed in Vasanti 2 times, the first one was for 3 days 2 nights and they gave us the room no #303 which was very very great. The room is seriously big. I love the bathroom with the bathtub and the hot water working so perfectly. The TV got lots of great channels. Free wi-fi is working so well and great, the iPod dock is great and I used it everyday to playing some of my fav songs.

We checked out for Gili Island and yes we came back again to Vasanti after that for another 3 days 2 nights too! But this time they gave us room number #500 which I think it's more smaller than #303 but still love everything about the room. We used their mini bars also.

The buffet breakfast is so great with a lot of choices! Yummy! The pool is lovely and the public toilet in lobby is superb! Love it!
The lobby is great and big. The staff are simply amazing, they are working with their heart.

I think Vasanti is the best new hotel yet in Bali with reasonable price and amazing services!

I'll def go back! :)

Room Tip: Choose room no #303
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Giannilucha
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had a great stay at the Vasanti - nice rooms, easy access to the pool and a great rooftop. One of the better aspects was the view from breakfast over both the hotel and the rice fields next door. Classy and a taste of true Bali. The staff were great and I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank Ryan P
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Just spent 10 nights in the Vasanti and was very impressed. Rooms are nicely decorated and have all the amenities you would expect. Bed is huge and very comfortable. The staff at the hotel are all very helpful and friendly. The pool is lovely and gets plenty of sun and we never had a problem getting a bed.
Breakfast had plenty of variety and eggs were cooked to order.
The location is good- less than 10 min walk to beach. It's slightly further than some of the other hotels to get to eat street/ Seminyak square. We did walk it one night and it took about 25 mins to get there, but there are also numerous restaurants on the way if you didn't want to walk that far. However the hotel run a shuttle to Seminyak square (eat street) at 7pm ( and other times during the day) so no need to walk it. If you fancy going a bit later a taxi is very cheap 20000- 40000. Taxi's are numerous so never a problem getting one. The hotel is set down a side street so location is very peaceful, but it only takes a few mins to get to the main road or the hotel will drop you there in the buggy.
Hotel has just opened the sunset bar on level 6. A perfect place to watch the sun go down. Drinks are reasonably priced and happy hour is between 5-7pm ( buy one get one free).
All in all a fantastic hotel and would def love to stay again!!!

4 Thank Laura W