“Exceeded expectations”

Ranked #35 of 596 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Teatro Gastroteque is a boutique fine dining restaurant, located in the epicentrum of Bali's best dining destination, Seminyak. We offer something completely novel - a sophisticated Asian twist on the French cuisine. We source the best produce available in the market, and use most of local ingredients to deliver an authentic flavour yet alluring with bold presentation, highlighting quality ingredients. The name of Teatro Gastroteque literally means "Theatre" where our culinary team performs their passion and love of gastronomy, and to be presented to you in such immaculate and impeccable way by our butlers. We are passionate to give the best dining experience to our guests, for that reason, details and fundamental techniques are the foundation to pursue our goal, we call it "Infinity journey to find a perfection". Complete your unforgettable evening with us, and savour the luxury you deserve.
Reviewed February 27, 2014

My husband and I dined here on our first night in Bali after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor.
To say that the reviews did not come close to preparing us for the experience is an understatement!
From the moment that we entered the restaurant the evening was what my husband described as not just a meal but "an experience"..

Service was extremely prompt, water and drinks offered straight away and the menu explained
with my husband choosing the 3 course degustation (there are several other degustation options with more courses available) and I chose to have a main only.

Soon after ordering an amuse bouche was delivered to both of us - the first of a number as it turned out.
all of these little morsels were delightful and included a variety of bread and a soup served in a beautiful orb like dish that was opened at the table!

It got to the point with the samplers that I felt compelled to ask the waiter if there had been an error in the order as I had only ordered a main.
The waiter advised that these were tasters that all guest received - fantastic!!!
All 3 of the courses in my husbands meal were spectacular as was my duck main.
I was VERY impressed that, without even asking, the staff delivered my main with my husbands - very nice touch!

We will definitely be back every time we come to Bali.

make no mistake this is by no means an inexpensive meal but it is, as I mentioned before, a real dining experience.

Teatro_Bali, Owner at Teatro Gastroteque, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear MelGeorge,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful comments about our restaurant on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased that you had the real dining experience, which we put our heart and soul to deliver to all of our guests.

Exceeding your expectations is our goal and knowing that we are able to achieve this brings smiles to our faces. Rest assured that your compliments will be shared with the entire team to motivate them in striving even harder to perform better every time.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband and I had a fabulous meal at Teatro. The service was excellent, lovely intimate feel to the restaurant and amazing food!! It is fine dining at its best. We had the chefs degustation. Yum yum yum. A top if not best restaurant in Bali. You would be crazy to only get the 3, 5 or 7 course degustation when you can get the chefs degustation instead. We will be back 100% when we next come to Bali. Love seeing so much passion in the food.

Teatro_Bali, Owner at Teatro Gastroteque, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear f0ry0u,

Thank you for taking the time to share your dining experience at our restaurant recently. Your nice comments warm our heart, and it is a true joy to hear such recognition to our passion for food and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bali.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Seriously top quality food. Is on par or better than the best restaurants in Bali or Jakarta. We had the 3 course degustation with pairings for dinner given a heavy lunch ... but will avoid this mistake next time and ensure room for the 5 or 7 course option. Exquisite!

Dear Ira B,

It is such a delight to read your impression of our restaurant. Thank you for sharing it with us.

We endeavour to ensure that we deliver the best quality of food and service to all of our valued guests, and we are glad that we could deliver that to you during your recent visit.

We look forward to have you back with us, and this time to enjoy our seven-course!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

My partner suggested to try Teatro before our night out in Seminyak, I instantly agreed as I know the location is very close to where we want to go after "Townhouse". The first impression when we walked in was "wooowww this is hidden gem in Seminyak", the beautiful staff with bright smile welcome us and make us feel on ease straight away. The decoration in the restaurants remind me of london restaurant that I used to go regularly back in London. The food arrived and from the first moment we try the appetizer to the last bit of our desert was a new experience for us (we had 6 course of meal). Every single food was presented like an art, this is show how the Chef dedicated himself in perfection.

Having tried most of the 5 stars restaurant in Bali, I can say that this was one of the best restaurant overall.

Thank you Chef Mandif & Daniel.

MUST TRY!!!!!!

1  Thank SarahVogel

Dear SarahVogel,

Thank you for sharing your dining experience with us.

We will share your kind comments and compliment to Chef Mandif and Chef Daniel, and also to the rest of the team members which will definitely inspire them to only deliver the best service you all well-deserve.

We are glad we could give a good impression on overall dining experience to you. Rest assure, we are committed to always give the best quality of food and service.

We look forward to welcoming you again at our restaurant.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I live near by and when ever friends are visiting this place is one of my recommendations as the very best eatery in Bali and possibly in the region.
Great food especially the menu degustation! The Chef knows how to perfectly select, cook and assemble ingredients. Memorable experiences.
Keep it up guys you are truly pro in what you are doing!

1  Thank jjbali

Dear jjbali,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community, and we sincerely appreciate for recommending us to your friends.

We are glad that we were able to meet your expectation. Your comments surely inspire us to always provide the best possible dining experience for our guests.

We will be delighted to welcome you back in the nearest future.