“World class restaurant! Truly fantastic!”
Review of Teatro Gastroteque

Teatro Gastroteque
Ranked #19 of 524 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Teatro Gastroteque is a boutique fine dining restaurant, located in the epicentrum of Bali's best dining destination, Seminyak. We offer something completely novel - a sophisticated Asian twist on the French cuisine. We source the best produce available in the market, and use most of local ingredients to deliver an authentic flavour yet alluring with bold presentation, highlighting quality ingredients. The name of Teatro Gastroteque literally means "Theatre" where our culinary team performs their passion and love of gastronomy, and to be presented to you in such immaculate and impeccable way by our butlers. We are passionate to give the best dining experience to our guests, for that reason, details and fundamental techniques are the foundation to pursue our goal, we call it "Infinity journey to find a perfection". Complete your unforgettable evening with us, and savour the luxury you deserve.
New York City, New York
“World class restaurant! Truly fantastic!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I've been meaning to write a review on this restaurant since my visit several weeks ago. However, every time I sit down and prepare to do it, I realize I lack the linguistic ability to fully describe the dining experience I had at Teatro Gastroteque. Please bear with me while I make this weak attempt.

Before I go any further. I must state this first: I have lived in NYC for the past 15+ years and I dine out most of the time so I am a legitimate food snob aka foodie so I do pay attention to all the details.

Now, where should I start with this review? From the minute you walk into the restaurant till the time you step out, you are greeted and serviced by their well trained and professional staff. Each course is beautifully plated and presented; I almost felt guilty as if I was about to put my fork and knife onto a Picasso.

I will not go into detail about how each dish tasted because this is where I seriously lack the word to describe it. The food literally speaks for itself.

If this restaurant was in NYC, not only will it survive but it would pose a serious threat to some of the best New York restaurants.

If anyone would be able to complain about this restaurant, then it might be the price? It might be slightly more expensive than other local restaurants but I believe you get what you pay for and it's every penny well spent!

I for one, will make sure that I stop by Teatro Gastroteque on my next trip to Bali for it is truly world class dining.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank glowpasa

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
perth, west oz
“Did not expect it to be so fine!”
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Top notch regional degustation for four last night, equal to any fine dining we have been to, made even more magnificent by the chefs visit to the table, the unique locally made crockery and the wonderful service by all! If you like your dining to be fine, this place should not be missed!

Adelaide Hills, Australia
“Terrific !”
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner with ten friends & family , the food was incredible , we all had the 7 course set menu , they even designed a special menu for my sister who is hyper allergic to crustaceans , this was all possible because of the communication by email 1 weeks prior which made the whole night run so smooth , not to mention all their staff are clearly trained in art of providing a FINE DINING experience , well done to the whole team a TEATRO , a molecular gastronomy extravaganza .
Only 1 thing I could suggest is maybe a better translation of the French and Italian wines so as to know if your purchasing Shiraz ,Merlot etc .
Thanks again Teatro hope to see you next year

Perth, Australia
“Amazing”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

This restaurant in Bali is not your everyday dining experience. If you want to be totally blown away or having a very romantic dinner. This is the place. It is very small and intimate and the food is absolutely devine. I actually could not fault this restaurant in any way, the staff, service and food was just another totally different experience in Bali.
I would totally recommend this restaurant, although it is expensive it is totally worth every cent or rupiah for that matter.
If you want to feel totally spoilt then this is where you should eat.

• Visited July 2013
Perth, Australia
“Impressive”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We dined as a family and were very impressed with the food and service at the restaurant. We enjoyed the degustation menu and the quality of dishes was excellent. Service was extremely prompt and professional. The cost of such fine dining was much less than in any other part of the world! Definitely worth a try when you are in Bali.

• Visited December 2013