“Great Place to Stay!”

PING Hotel Seminyak Bali
Ranked #51 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed April 8, 2014

As usual I used Trip Advisor to plan my trip and it never fails. The Ping Hotel was more than I expected. I had read that the rooms were small so I booked a superior room and the size of the room was excellent. We arrived late, after midnight, they were ready for us. The room was cool and fruit was in the room. We were shown to our room immediately. The property was quite and we had fantastic sleep every night. From the time we checked in until we checked out I did not encounter one employee that was not smiling and friendly. In fact I ask at the desk upon check out where or how did they get such excellent staff. The room was cleaned perfectly every day. The free breakfast buffet was way more than adequate. We stayed five days and I suppose some may get tired of the various ways of preparing eggs, but that was no problem with me, since I eats eggs every morning for breakfast at home. We had dinner in the hotel two nights and encountered no problem with the food. My travel companion enjoyed the pool. Some have commented the two buildings shade the pool and that is true, but it was so hot that the shade was welcomed as I sat by the pool.

We arrived on March 30th and it was the Balinese Hindus New Years. On arrival nearly everything at the airport was closed. The city was dark going to the hotel - weird, no street lights. On Monday no one could walk around the city. It is a day of silence. The only taxi service was from the airport to a hotel. On that one day no light, no fire, no travel and no work. The only ones allowed to work are essential employees. On Tuesday morning everything returned to normal.

Shopping and restaurants are in walking distant of the hotel. The hotel is five stories and the roof can be used for viewing, drinks and sun. We were told in Bali no building can be more than five stories.

I have only one complaint. There is not a soap dish in the wall of the shower. When you get older, like me, putting the soap on the floor of the shower and bending down to get it is difficult. The shower is large and nice hot/cold/warm water falls upon you like rain.

I definitely would recommend this hotel to family and friends. Any return visit to Bali it is my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: Choose a superior room or up and size will be no problem. Room 202 was excellent, but it does have...
1  Thank tom1941

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed for 4 days & 3 nights with my husband, in Superior room with breakfast.
Good points:
1. Affordable price, clean and modern, with perfect pool
2. great service from super nice and sincere staff!
3. closer to the beach (5 min walk), to any store or atm
4. good breakfast
5. super fast wi-fi connection if you use the PING HOTEL POOL.

Bad point:
Turns out, the superior room with balcony and view to the pool, is smaller than deluxe room. For small Asian like me, it's not that annoying, but yeah, kinda hope the room is bigger =D

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ayu U
Reviewed March 27, 2014

From the very beginning the staff was kind, friendly, accommodating. Once I had an accident, on the second evening, they went out of their way to assist, expressed much concern, waived some fees, provided support and performed like close friends.
The hotel is conveniently located, has a fine pool (which I couldn't use with a fractured leg), a nice restsurant, spacious rooms.
The parking area is small.
Highly recommended for exploring the area, the beach, go shopping, enjoy nearby bars and restaurants, and receive excellent service.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 25, 2014

A friend and I stayed at PING Hotel in Seminyak, and were impressed with the value of the hotel.

With the price we paid (very affordable paying in Malaysian Ringgit!), we were stunned by the quality of the rooms: comfortable beds, clean and a half-decent bathroom too.

The staff were helpful, always ready to give us advice and answer our questions. They were also great at cleaning the units, always making sure we had clean towels and the sand was gone from our floors whenever we returned to PING after a day of venturing.

However, this is no resort: while there is a pool and a restaurant, you are so close to Seminyak Beach and the rest of the town that you wont need to spend anytime back in your room beyond what is absolutely necessary.

One of my favourite touches was the huge variety of television channels (not just English - French, Chinese, Russian, etc.) that allowed you to fall to sleep quickly after a busy day in Bali.

Room Tip: Pick as high a room as possible to minimise exposure to noise in the hotel. Rooms have pretty thin w...
1  Thank los_antipodes
Reviewed March 16, 2014

OK, it's small, and the rooms are a bit small, but there's enough room for you and a partner. Beds are very comfortable, pool area and restaurant is very good, the food and the service are excellent.

Around 12 months old, the hotel is in very good condition, very clean. my wife and I stayed there for a week and will definitely go back there next trip.

Room Tip: Take your own coffee, the breakfast coffee was weak and tasteless, that's my only complaint.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ohmgawd
Reviewed March 13, 2014

It's strategically located within walking distance to nice restaurants (Warung Made, Fat Gajah etc), boutiques & the beach. The deluxe room is spacious and the bed is very comfortable. The staff here are really helpful. Arranging transport is easy too. Great stay.

3  Thank Lew T
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Great location in Seminyak, it is about fifteen minutes from the beach and very close to many good restaurants. The hotel rooms are small but perfectly fine to stay in, this hotel is new so everything is in good shape, and I think most rooms have balconies.
The free breakfast is good and there is plenty to eat. The pool is located in the courtyard of the
and is a great place to relax and cool down after a day of touring.
Staff are very helpful, and polite.
I would stay here again

Room Tip: Good location for both shopping and the beach in Seminyak
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple