“Great Experience”
Review of Ize Seminyak

Ize Seminyak
Ranked #53 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Due to a terrible experience at another hotel we booked Ize at the last minute and could not have been happier with the time we spent there. From the moment they picked us up, to the moment we left the service was nothing but exceptional. The room was spacious and well designed. We loved the roof top pool and bar but it was a shame the deck chairs were undercover as this meant it was impossible to sunbathe. The breakfasts at Meja were outstanding. We would like to thank the staff for such a great three days and hope to return soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathleen P
Rocio E, Manager at Ize Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Kathleen P,

Thank you for your time in posting your experience on tripadvisor. I will share with our team your appreciation.

We are very happy that we could turn around your holidays into such a positive stay in Bali. We have a very passionate young team loving what they do so this reflects on the service to all our guests.

I admit the pool area has not been designed for sunbathing but it’s a great spot to enjoy the breeze and the fantastic view.

We do also hope you can visit us soon!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Spent 4 days here and really enjoyed it. great rooms, although probably not ideal for non couples as there is a lot of glass and not much privacy.

The roof top pool area is stunning and the breakfast a real standout. we choose to eat here most days rather than going out for breakfasts at 'fancier' places as it was so good

We had 4 nights here and then 4 nights at U Paasha which is literally 50m down the road just to try a couple of different places and this woudl be the one i would recommend by a long long way.

We would definitely stay here again. The owner coming and having a chat with us after our check out was also a really nice touch

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank OliWarr

Dear OliWarr,

Thank you very much for your review and for recommending us!

I will pass on your positive comments on the food to our culinary team! The roof top pool area is indeed a great spot, especially in the evening when you can enjoy a lovely sunset with cocktails and chill out music.

In regards to your comment regarding privacy, you will be glad to learn that we have recently installed frosted sticker in all bathrooms in addition to the rolling blinds already available to guarantee the privacy of our guests at all times.

Thanks again and look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

From the outside the hotel doesnt look very appealing but as soon as you enter into the lobby or restaurant, you will notice that that the owner and management have taken good care of the place. The rooms are very good for the price (new, well equipped and spacious). The restaurant serves a good breakfast and nice lunch and dinner.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kerkwijk1972

Dear Kerkwijk1972,

Thank you for your kind review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We have a great team at IZE ensuring our facilities and rooms are always in top condition to accommodate our guests.

Once again thank you for taking time to share your experience with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

the ize hotel seminyak is a fairly new hotel and there weren't too many reviews about the property when we were looking at places to stay at the time so were not sure what it expect. we arrived at lunchtime and were able to check in early which was a bonus. check in was a breeze as we had pre paid our accom. we were escorted to our room and had a mini tour of the room and facilities. as the hotel is only a couple of months old the room was clean and tidy with quite a modern feel to it. there is a rooftop swimming pool with a large area to hang out. the pool bar was amazing as the staff were there to whip up any cocktail of your choice. the cafe attached to the hotel has amazing food and coffee too.

3  Thank kokoreece
JoseLuisCalleR, Managing Director - Lifestyle Retreats at Ize Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Kokoreece

Many thanks for your kind view. It was indeed a pleasure having you with us few days ago. Great to know that you had a great stay at IZE: our roof top is indeed one of the favourite spots especially for sunset !

Stay in touch and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best regards
Jose

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Websites are misleading and the photography for IZE was superbly executed. Having said that, the service staff were always very pleasant and efficient. Entrance leaves a lot to be desired and lobby area had a balmy feel to it. Rooms were a good size, air conditioning worked superbly but we were surprised by the lack of cupboards or storage space within the room. The corridors are not air-conditioned and in the tropics this only means -- mozzies galore, which explained the foul pesticide stench in the lifts. Something the management should look into as it was not only foul but suffocating. An asthmatic would have an immediate attack. In the 3 nights we stayed, I learnt to not breathe from the moment i stepped into the lift to the ground floor. A la carte buffet breakkies was great but only 4 sets with a choice of 2 mains per set means, you could not stay longer without getting tired of the breakfast. The main item should be conveyed by the server rather than printed - giving the impression that the mains change every day! Overall an ok stay...good for the young more adventurous ones. Not for those who like pampering and that little bit of in house amenities and conveniences.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor room. the ones on the lower floor look into a local homes....

Dear Ieatloveandpray

Many thanks for your review and for your compliments regarding our team at IZE, which represents our biggest asset. We have taken note of your comments regarding entrance, lobby, open concept wardrobe and other aspects of the property that reflect the design of the property and target market: Ize its indeed focused on a specific clientele keen to explore Seminyak staying average of 2/ 3 nights based in probably 95% of the stays so far..

In regards to breakfast we have got 4 different sets available but we are indeed flexible when comes to long staying guests as with everything else at the property. In regards to your comments ref. elevator those are actually air freshener not pesticide.

We will look into changing the fragrance for something more neutral right away.. Thanks again for taking the time to share your comments on the resort and don’t hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to try more luxurious properties under our portfolio. I am sure you wont be disappointed. Best regards

Jose

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed at Ize hotel recently after looking at so many other options in Bali before deciding on this hotel. The photography on Ize were misleading to say the least. The hotel had a very insipid entrance, the lobby a little misleading and their only restaurant a bit of a let down. The content of the room while new and inviting, did not have the basic neccesities like a cupboard or drawers to keep your clothing. Perhaps the designers of this hotel were trying to be hip to a point that it did not serve the basic purpose required for guests to have a hassle free stay. Shower handle was located in such an odd place as well, you have to hold it at all times unless you're a midget or an 6 year old kid !
I do have to grant them one thing though and it's the service. They were attentive. The manager came out to greet us after failing to pick us up upon arrival even though we had reconfirmed our arrival time on email.
One other disturbing thing is the weird strong odor in both heir elevators. It is so strong, it's just plain AWFUL ! We have had to hold our breaths each time we get into the elevator. I brought it up to the receptionists several times but there isn't much they can do. Not sure the scent were meant to serve as a mosquito repellent because it certainly repelled us as well. I wouldn't go back to stay at this hotel despite the good service simply because in a place like Bali, good service can be found in almost every establishments anyway. That's what balinese are so famed for !

3  Thank Muni L

Dear Muni L

Many thanks for your review regarding your recent stay at our resort. We are very sorry to learn that we were not able to meet your expectations in a number of areas / aspects of the product offered. Please accept our most sincere apologies for having let you down on those.

On the positive side we are glad you appreciated our sincere service and hospitality. As with any new property there are areas that need some fine tuning so your comments help us to keep working hard to get up to the standard we envision at Lifestyle Retreats.

You were absolutely right in regards to the design of the resort where less is more. We decided to go for an open wardrobe concept with built-in storage space in working table and cabinets allowing easy storage of clothes and other personal belongings.

But in regards to the smell in the elevators we will be looking into this matter immediately as I have just replied another comment regarding that issue. I am currently away on a business trip and will make sure we change the actual fragrance for a neutral one to please everyone.

As we all know fragrance and design preferences are indeed personal and we can’t make everyone happy but will look into some options to minimize any negative feedback in the future.

Thanks again for sharing your valuable time with us and don’t hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to give us a try in the near future. We will make it up to you.

Best regards
JOSE

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I and my daughter have a long week end last June 6 to 9 in Bali and decided to stay in a new hotel in Seminyak called IZE Seminyak hotel. The rate was not cheap for a low seasons, just because it is new, why not give a try. So we booked direct through their web. Guarateed by Amex credit card and stated that we will arrived with last flight checked-in into the hotel approx 11:30 p.m. Since than a girl name Widi from the reservation department called me twice asking all info about me and to make sure that we will show-up. So we expected that all info are already in their hand that will make our check-in will become easier the same like other hotel that we will only sign on the registration card. OMG. . . .the nightmare started when we check-in at 11:30 p.m. We were the only one who checked-in, no parking infront of the hotel are available, we must use vallet service for the car that we rented at the airport, but the vallet was not there. he was at the lavatory according to the security in charged. And when we were at the counter we were asked all info again that could be pre-registered in the reg card as Widi already called me twice and asked all information about myself that could have been entered into the computer. There was a piece of paper beside the registration card that she said for the police. I told them that we are not a criminal, we are only a guests, why should we signed this kind of form. She argued with me and said "this is Bali" you must sign this paper!!! They have paid my salary and ask me to do this for the guests to sign. She argued like I never been to Bali and never stay in the hotel before. I am a supervisor, and they have paid me to do so!!! (in bahasa she said "saya digaji" for that). So she just give me a key and said you are in room 317. A poor receptionist (probably her subordinates) escorted us to the room and try to explained everything about room facilites but with lack of product knowledge about the room itself. My daughter even learned faster while she explained. After she left (we still dont know what she was talking about) my daughter wants to take a bath while I said to her I wants to have a bite in the restaurant down stair. The water from the tab was brown like coffee. So she cancelled using the bathtub. My experience was. sitting in the restaurant, and a small girl came bring a bunch of menu, and said "we are closing soon", we have only burger and dessert without smile, without apology, so I said why do you bring all of this menu, if you dont have anything left? I finally went to the restaurant the opposite of the hotel called "Soho" that opened 24hrs special in burger with the waiters who had smile and good fresh cheese burger, cheap, leave happy that maybe the hotel can learn from them. The owner of the hotel should check himself as only 6 step away across of the hotel. In the morning for breakfast there was only two table but you have to wait for half an hour only for scramble egg. The following morning, I said to the reception that I would like to see the General Manager, and explained every thing about my experience including the water kettle that can not be plug-in because the socket is too big and the table hole is too small for the plug. The guy said " I am incharged, I am the front office manager, the General Manager is away". So I explained everything including the plug for water kettle that he said, he will send extra extension plug to make it fix, unfortunately the extention plug never arrived until we checked out, which we never bother anymore. We checked out un-happy and will never recommend to our friend ever about this IZE Seminyak hotel. If you happend must stay at this hotel, please ask room only, as along the street, you will find any restaurants that is authentic, good service and cheap.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Belong
JoseLuisCalleR, Managing Director - Lifestyle Retreats at Ize Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Belong,

Thank you so much for sparing time off your busy agenda to share the details of your recent stay at IZE with us. First of all please accept my most sincere apology for not being able to meet your expectations during your recent visit to Bali.

I have spoken with our team members about your comments and received full update on each of the items you kindly described in your review. Unfortunately I was away in United States attending a Trade Show and could not meet you personally. However I appreciate our team did their very best to serve you and your daughter although I feel you may have perceived in a different way for which we are truly sorry.

Being a fellow hotelier I believe you were familiar with some procedures required by the authorities although maybe the way our team shared with you those at time of check in was not appropriate especially arriving late night. I am sure that it was the last thing you expected. Sorry about that.

Nevertheless we have refreshed our check in procedure to speed up the process and rephrase the way our team explain those requirements in order to prevent any misunderstanding or negative perfection in the near future.

But for other aspects of your review we have taken necessary steps to correct those within our team members, always committed to exceed customer expectations in any situation and do their utmost to please our guests as long as treated with respect and not verbally abused in any way of form.

Should you give us a new chance to serve you I am confident you will have a very different experience at our property. Best regards and thanks again
JOSE