“One of the best” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of KoenoKoeni Villa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
KoenoKoeni Villa
Sydney Australia
“One of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Stayed in the One Bed villa, for 2 nights and will stay longer next time. Great Location, close to some of the best bars and restaurants in Seminyak. Free drop off car service and the place is kept very clean. Fantastic pool - much more then a splash.
Bathroom was great - in and out door showers, toilets by the pool and inside......
-Looking for complaints - the pool used to over-flow on the deck, when we jumped in and so needed a higher ledge / But really I'm struggling to say something negative. We were there Peak season - so paid the price. Would defiantly come back

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

My second stay in this villa. Of course there are always things that can be improved but if you're looking for a villa in Seminyak area, this one is really recommended.
Beautiful living room which can be closed during the night, so one doesn't have to be annoyed by mosquitoes. Great separate bedroom and bathroom. And the private pool is fantastic and clean,
Staff is friendly and helpful.
The free Airport pick up and drop off service is convenient as well as the free drop off service in the neighbourhood.
Not much to complain, just paradise

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jeroen H
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed in the 2 Bedroom villa and it was amazing. The pool is long and the outdoor area is perfect. The bedrooms and ensuites are huge. I would definitely stay here again - we have stayed in 3 other villas in the Petitenget area of Seminyak and this is our favourite. The room was kept very clean by the staff and the breakfast options were great. The location of the villa was perfect and very close to the main street of Seminyak.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Britt W
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at Villa Koenokoeni for 10 days over the Christmas break. Having travelled to Bali frequently and stayed in many villas in the Seminyak area I have to say this is one of the best. The villas are very well appointed and spotlessly clean (no wear and tear). We stayed in villa 107 which has a very large comfortable bedroom and spacious bathroom with both an indoor and outdoor shower. There is also a separate living area with bi-fold doors opening up to the pool area which is brilliant for entertaining guests. The only areas I would critique are the breakfast which is just ok and the decor in the reception area which is not very contemporary or stylish (which is strange because the villas are so tastefully decorated). In summary the villas are great and the staff are lovely; I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Michael F
Bunbury, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed only 2 nights at Villa Koenokoeni and we wish we could have stayed longer!

How relaxing is this place!!! It is a small piece of paradise!

Beautiful entry, big kitchen and lounge area, huge room and bathroom!
The king size bed is the most comfortable bed I have slept in my life!
There are 3 showers in total: 1 in the pool area, 2 at the bathroom (1 indoor and 1 outdoor) and 2 toilets.

The swimming-pool is massive! I don't think you'll get bigger pools in villas in Seminyak because I checked many places before booking Villa Koenokoeni and all I wanted was a big swimming-pool and I wasn't disappointed!
The pool end up on a wall which is smartly covered by a "waterfall"! Well done!

The pool area gets really slippery, so are the rooms so be careful to don't break your leg!

The staff was really nice! Special recommendation of Ketut who was always smiling and friendly! Ketut, I wish I could have gave you a bigger tip but if I did, I wouldn't have had enough money to pay the airport tax!

Room service food and beverages were reasonably priced (IDR40.000 to IDR80.000 for meals and IDR75.000 for cocktails). The food often arrived to the villa a bit cold though. We were the first villa from the kitchen, so I don't want to imagine how cold your meal would be if you stay at one of the last villas.

The breakfast was delicious. You can choose between American, Continental or Indonesian. You can also get bonus banana pancakes I highly recommend! Coffee was... drinkable!

The shower was amazing, probably the biggest shower head I've seen in my life!

We took the honeymoon package which was a decent deal. It included the following:
- Bath filled with flower petals in a heart-shape - WOW
- BBQ Lunch - good but dish was a bit cold
- Candle-light dinner - amazing decoration, good food but once again a bit cold and it was also a bit too spicy for our Bali-affected stomachs.
- 2 hours spa which consisted in 1 hour body massage and 1 hour body scrub.
I personally enjoyed the massage, my partner didn't at all for several reasons. First, her therapist was really rough. My partner mentioned it many times but the therapist didn't massage softer. Second, when lying down on her back, the therapist didn't want to put anything (not even a towel) to cover her breasts so she wasn't comfortable about it.

The wifi connection is perfect as every villa has it's own wifi extender/modem

The reception people can take you around Seminyak for a quick alcohol shopping session or to the chemist free of charge.
They also picked us up from the previous hotel we were staying at and dropped us off at the airport free of charge (part of Honeymoon Package)

Negative points of villa Koenokoeni (none really affected our overall experience):
- No stairs or ladder for the swimming-pool and the only entry/exit side is the deepest side of the pool. Why??? What if a disabled person wants to come to your villas? My sister couldn't just because of that point!
- Food pretty much always cold on arrival to the villa. It would be nice to cover the plates from the kitchen until delivery at the villa for health reasons and to keep the meal warm.
- Part of the Honeymoon Package were set meals we could chose from different options. Expensive villas but we weren't allowed to chose a dessert from a different option. A bit disappointing.
- I was expecting the Villa Koenokoeni to bring actual massage tables in the villa, not to be lying down on the floor with the sun-lounge mattresses.
- Massage was average and therapists were waiting for a tip but I didn't want to give any, that was awkward.
- Lounge is uncomfortable but we didn't use it much anyway.

Overall, villa Koenokoeni was close to the perfection and was exactly what we were after: relaxing around a decent private pool!
My suggestion to the manager would be to offer customers the ability to chose to get the sun on their pool in the morning or the afternoon to suit their living habits as if your villa is on the right you will get the sun up to 3PM, if the villa is on the left, I'm sure you won't get the sun until 12 or 1PM!

I definitely recommend this villa to every couple wanting some private romantic time together! Consider the honeymoon package as it adds some value to your stay (no don't worry you don't need to be honeymooning to book it! We certainly weren't!)

Room Tip: If you live at the pool more in the afternoon than the morning, maybe ask for a villa on the left if...
3 Thank JeffyZeFrench
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 nights in this lovely villa. Everything in the villa is in very good and new condition. The private pool is great with a waterfall at one end. The room service food was also well prepared and priced reasonably (about 50k to 70k Rupiahs for each meal pax).
Thumbs up for the staffs, they are really helpful and kind in accommodating our requests. They were very punctual in delivering the in-villa-breakfasts every morning so that we can really plan our time well. The hotel provides free transport to nearby places, and the driver is very professional - in one occasion whereby it was raining heavily, he went down without umbrella to check on the availability for us (as we didn't make a reservation) and asked us to wait for him in the van.
Another plus point of this villa is that there is a great massage center called Azalee just right across the small road. We went there everyday to have our massage!

3 Thank KSKong
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

My husband and I spent 6 nights in the one bedroom private pool villa and we LOVED it. I could not fault a thing. The villa is in an excellent location, the staff are friendly and very helpful and our room was spectacular. Clean, new and wonderfully decorated, I loved the pool and the bathroom was amazing. The showers (indoor and outdoor) are beautiful. Meals can be delivered to your room, we had this everyday and it felt like a wonderful holiday at home! Often we spent ours in our villa, by the pool, watching movies and the Wifi is super fast. Rooms were serviced twice a day, there was hotel transport and they arranged a motorbike for us as well. I would recommend everyone to stay here, it is a place all ages will love.

2 Thank ellalydia