“Best restaurant we've been in Seminyak”
Review of The Bistrot

The Bistrot
Ranked #58 of 580 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Vintage Café, Lounge & Restaurant in Seminyak, Bali. Unique décor by Moroccan-born interior decorator, Zohra Boukhari.
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We went there during the last evening and a bit regretted that we didn't before.

If we knew it was so good for the price, we would probably go multiple times.

Prices are normal despite it looks very classy and expensive when looking at it from the street.

Food (meat) was fantastic and we had some great wine (was one of the reason going there).

It's beautifully made in a bit classic / vintage style, there is a lot of space and you can enjoy a smoke-free dinner (not always the case in Bali) if you are on the ground floor.

We were suggested to go there by people we met in Seminyak and speaking about wines and would definitely suggest others to go as well.

It's one of the 2 place you should go if you want to taste a nice glass of wine (with Vin+).

The service was so quick that finally we didn't spend really long there, even with a starter and dessert it was a delicious but short experience :)

1  Thank SchneckCH
Write a ReviewReviews (1,696)

Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

We've enjoyed both lunch & dinner here. The food was fabulous & felt like we were in a funky Melbourne restaurant. Fell in love with the atmosphere and decor. A true gem.

1  Thank clare22bear
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The Bistrot is what I could describe as a lovely, nice, pretty restaurant. It obviously has a French influence in the decor and food, which was not my favourite, but still enjoyable. The food was not the best I've had in my life, but it was still tasty. They did a very nice grilled Mediterranean vegetable salad and pretty good sticky pork ribs. This place was also the best value I could find around Seminyak for a glass of wine, which is normally fairly expensive.

The service was okay, but it would be good for the servers to have a smile on their face and be a bit more friendly.

Overall I would recommend the restaurant for a good place to eat if you are just wandering out, but I wouldn't make a special reservation for it.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Cocktails after dinner on a Monday night. We found this place after walking on Jalan Oberoi.
It wasn't really packed that night but it had enough cool people chilling and having a good time.

We got a nice table. We chose a cocktail. They have an amazing selection (best thing you can try there). The lady who took our order was so nice! Smiling all the time (she even recommended us a couple of cocktails) Drinks were awesome! Not cheap but totally worth it.

Music was good, perfect if you want to have an intimate conversation. The place is really cosy and really suitable for a date or a night with your special person :)

We just had a drink but I wanna come back soon to have a longer and proper drinks and food night there with some friends, why not?

I think they take reservations, so make sure you call them in advance because I have the feeling it's really packed almost every night.

1  Thank loris p
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I know européen cuisine and this restaurant is even better than in some European restaurant, the food is fresh and tasty, it is worth the money you pay