“Nice Decor Restaurant”

The Bistrot
Ranked #61 of 579 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Vintage Café, Lounge & Restaurant in Seminyak, Bali. Unique décor by Moroccan-born interior decorator, Zohra Boukhari.
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The restaurant was nicely decorated, very cozy to chill out.
However food variety was slightly limited.
Service staff was polite and attentive.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,693)

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We are a family of 6 (youngest age 11, oldest 70). We had an amazing dinner here and went back the next day for lunch. Each meal was great. Mango martini was very nice. The dipping trio (humus, baba, and olive spread) was terrific, including the bread. Steaks were great, Laksa was too. The chocolate suffle was outstanding. For lunch the hamburgers were 'the best we have ever had' according to my 16 and 14 year olds, so I had to try one and was great!. Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I couldn't recall why I pick this 2 floor restaurant as lunch venue. All I could remember is that I will have my meals here, lunch or dinner.

It was Friday at lunch time, the restaurant is not too full there are few guests on the first floor. A waitress said hi to me, and then escort me to the smoking area at the 2nd floor. There is only 1 table occupied at that moment.

The food:
Every table will get several slices of garlic bread, depends how many persons of each table. I ordered Entrecote Bearnaise. A 200gr of rib eye with bearnaise sauce and french fries. The steak is cooked as I wish, a medium rare, and the sauce is very good. The french fries is good too, but tend to be a wee bit salty for some people. I closed my lunch with coconut sorbet, an excellent sorbet to close my lunch journey!

The Staff
Staff are attentive, friendly and they know what they are offer.

The Ambient
The restaurant has rustic/vintage ambient. They use antique furniture and chandeliers everywhere. Maybe because it's Bali, though it looks formal, the restaurant feels laid back and casual. I love the ambient.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

On first appearance this restaurant seems quaint with a rustic atmosphere. The staff were attentive, and we were greeted with a smile. As the restaurant is enclosed I found it uncomfortable with people smoking regardless of having a smoking area. My husband is a smoker and he did not like it either. I do realise that there is no law regarding smoking where food is being served in Bali. The food was very nice and well presented but small portions and pricey for Bali. For entree I had marinated prawns with a salad which was more than $6.50 AUD. This consisted of 3 prawns and lettuce. A friend ordered the scallop dish which consisted of just 2 scallops!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Love this place…after staying in Seminyak for 7 nights, we ate here for 4 of them! The food was beautiful each and every time, duck cooked to perfection, steaks perfectly rare (just as we like it) we even ate desert and generally neither of us eat desert!
After our meals we spoke to the chefs and their team in the kitchen and they were so very proud of their work and it was clear that that took huge pride in what they did and loved creating beautiful food, this was clear in the presentation of all the dishes I saw coming from the kitchen.
The restaurant also has a decent wine selection at reasonable prices and also good Belgium beer which came as a surprise until we found out the owner is from Belgium…hence the Leffe☺
After all the positives, the icing on the cake has got to be the staff, each one of them were wonderful, with smiles beaming from ear to ear, so helpful and attentative, I have to say we did have a favourite…Maggie…probably one of the loveliest of genuine people that you will ever meet…what a credit to the restaurant.
So, all up, if you get the chance to go, then you should…I cant wait to go back again.