“Delightful Bistrot”

The Bistrot
Ranked #63 of 525 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Vintage Café, Lounge & Restaurant in Seminyak, Bali. Unique décor by Moroccan-born interior decorator, Zohra Boukhari.
melbourne, australia
“Delightful Bistrot”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This restaurant was a fabulous little find in Seminyak. We'd done the usual Sarong, Metis, Sardine etc. but literally stumbled over this when we noticed the quaint French décor. It is beautifully fitted out in French bistro style with quirky lamps and chandeliers.
As for the food it was fresh and light at very reasonable prices. The menu has tapas style small share dishes which were very good, and both French and local dishes for main courses.
Desserts were okay but nothing special, as is often the case in Bali.
We had a lunch and a dinner at Bistrot and enjoyed both. You do need to book for dinner as they tend to be full at night.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
“Good Benedict”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Nice restaurant had breakfast here a few times. The service was a little slow but friendly so don't go here for a quick breaky. Their eggs benedict was very tasty as was their potato rosti. Coffee was good for Bali i thought. Would certainly visit again, there are cheaper places around but we tried them and continued to return to the bistrot.

Bali, Indonesia
“The Music Too Loud”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I have to say this is my fourth time I had dinner here. But at that night, 20th of July and in my birthday dinner I was expecting it will be nice. I couldn't stand to stay longer because the music too loud. From the beginning I arrived I spoke with the woman to ask my table and she couldn't hear my voice and I have to repeat my question for three times. It wasn't very nice. After she took me to my table which was my friends already there and my friends complained the same thing about the music too loud. And they moved us upstairs which was near to the speakers. When we call the waiter to order our dinner, I have to call the waiter for four times and she didn't notice that I was calling her. Obviously she stand 20 cm away from our table. I complained this to one of the waiter and she said she will try to talk with her supervisor. Even after 15 minutes me and my friends still feel the music too loud.

Ballarat, Australia
“Great menu and excellent service”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

A group of 6 of us had an excellent time at Bistrot. The menu was excellent and wine list extensive, Food was of excellent quality and the resturant itself was fantastic inside.

• Visited June 2013
Denpasar, Indonesia
“Really chic and funky place with good food”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

When you enter The Bistrot, it's like entering another world - definitely an out-of-Bali experience! The decor is as great as everyone writes - big compliments to the designer!
We had lunch there and maybe we were lucky, as we came quite late (actually, the staff were having a shift change meeting upstairs while we ate) so there were no other guests. Hence, we didn't have to wait long at all and our service experience was good. We ordered French/European style salad dishes (who, by the way, orders Indonesian food in a place like this? Don't do that and complain!) and our salads were to die for. Delicious, fresh ingredients, perfectly dressed and seasoned, and some of the best bread we have had. We will definitely go again.