“Best steak ever!”

The Bistrot
Ranked #57 of 519 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Vintage Café, Lounge & Restaurant in Seminyak, Bali. Unique décor by Moroccan-born interior decorator, Zohra Boukhari.
Perth, Australia
“Best steak ever!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had a fab meal here. We were seated on one of the sofa tables even though there were just two of us and the wait staff were very attentive. We didn't order entree but the complimentary chilled soup and bread was a welcome surprise and really tasty. Hubby had peppered steak which was cooked to perfection and the best he's ever had apparently! I had grilled fish which was divine. It was very busy, great atmosphere and will definitely eat here again.

• Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bali, Indonesia
“Pretty place, ok food”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The athmosphere was good - a pretty space with attentive staff. They do not have a lot of vegetarian options which is why I gave them an average, the rest of my party ate meat and were pleased but not surprised - we wouldn't go back there unless someone specifically invited us to the place.

Visited March 2013
Perth, Australia
“Every mouthful was just delicious”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I had liked this restaurant on Facebook as my special friends had been there for a meal and just "raved" about it.
When I was there last week, The Bistrot had put up a post with regards to a special night that they will be having on May 9th that I would just love to be at, but now back in Perth. As we only had four nights to dine in Bali this time, thought that we would try it out to see what it was all about.
It was so good,that we dined there twice on this trip.

On both occasions, we had different meals and my husband tried my meal as well as I was just loving every mouthful. He had the bouillabaisse and then steak tartare and I had the garlic prawns and then the duck curry in the Asia section. We are lucky enough to dine in many great restaurants in all parts of the world and we both agreed that this dining experience was up there in the top ten that we have done. Visit 2, we had different dishes, that were as good or better. We both agreed that the prawn tempura with wasabi mayonnaise was most probably the best choice.

We really wanted to see what the decor was like, as on many reviews it was described as very New York, and I can see why. It was a relaxed and kick back dining experience with great prices to go with it. The most expensive dish was what I ordered - Filet mignon at A$16. This steak just melted in my mouth and it was cooked medium - just perfect.

I guess that it is always easier dining when it is just the two of you. Easier to get a table and to get the whole table to get sorted when you have more is a little harder, so don't be put off by other reviews. When it was busier on the first occasion, we did have to call to have our order taken and we did pour our own wine (which was not a problem for us at all). They were all very pleasant, smiled all the time and you could tell that they really enjoyed working there.

I hope that you do go there and have the same great food that we did.

Bunbury
“Vintage Bistrot”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

What a sensational place - the interior of this gorgeous cafe/restaurant is amazing. We just loved the decor with mix of textures and decorating features. The toilets were the best I have ever seen - so cool! Our party of 12 came in off the street and were quickly accommodated at one big table. We were given bread and shots of pumpkin soup while we waited for our dinner which was also thoroughly enjoyed by all. Well done, a top eating place with wonderful decor!

Sydney
“Nice space”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Looking a lot like a Surry Hills loft restaurant not something you would expect in Seminyak. Great space. We had very attentive service however I have heard otherwise. I had Crying Tiger, a beef dish. I like my meat on the well cooked side. Told it would be 25 mins because of this. When beef came I was the one who was crying. Smallish piece of sirloin very very well cooked and tough as an old boot. Probably my fault shouldn't have gone ahead with choice. Others said their meals were OK.