“Fantastic Holiday, Fabulous Villa”
other travelers have booked this property
Large private pool for your relaxation with sunken pool bar, perfect  for late afternoon cocktails!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Inspirati...
“Don't bother”
Reviewed September 1, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

Positives - staff and rooms where nice. The villa is big and could be amazing.

Negatives - the pool was green, was unusable when we arrived and we wouldn't let the kids in it towards the end of the week of our stay, the water was disgusting and was a health risk. The staff tried to clean it, the filter system needs to be replaced as it made no differences, the water was cloudy and green. This meant u couldn't enjoy it and had to leave the villa daily to find suitable pool for the kids.

On the final night of our stay we had no water, the maintenance staff couldn't get the water back on and we decided to leave early to shower the kids and use the bathrooms at a nearby resort. We had 15 people and this was the final straw, we packed up and left.

The deck around the pool is unsafe for kids with rotten floor boards, nails hanging out and a few holes. It needs to be replaced ASAP so no one gets hurt.

Not the villas fault but traffic from this place is a nightmare, takes 30mins to get to the beach or shops, not much around in walking distance, our driver however was fantastic and nothing was too much trouble.

The owners need to put some money into this place ASAP, until they do I would advise that u take your family somewhere closer with a nicer pool. The staff deserve a better product, they are the only real asset this villa has.

Sep 4, 2017
Thank you for booking with me and for leaving a review. I do appreciate constructive feedback as it helps me to improve my villa product offering and service to clients. I appreciate your positive general feedback on the villa and staff, I know the staff really enjoyed looking after your group and did say how nice you all are.
I’ve been in correspondence already with Erin from your group who booked the villa regarding the issues which arose. I would also like to sincerely apologise to you and the rest of your group for these issues arising. I inspected the villa yesterday. I have replaced the pool filters and this is now all fine with the pool, the water is clean and clear.
Regarding the water issue and faulty pump. As you know, my maintenance engineer attended on the Friday night at 7pm and strived to fix the water issue which he thought he had. The water pump then became faulty again shortly after and the only option was for its full replacement. Due to the time of the evening and the fact that it was an Indonesian public holiday, the plumbing merchant shops were on shorter opening hours and the pump replacement had to wait until the morning. I'm really sorry for this issue arising. I have now replaced the pump with a brand new one.
I have 3 days general maintenance booked in the calendar from yesterday and for another 5 days in 2 weeks time. I’ve prioritised the fixing of the pool decking which will be completed by tomorrow. The water pump was replaced on Friday as already confirmed and this is now all working well. The villa has been a victim of its own success as it has been very busy the last few months during the holiday peak season. I always do a lot of maintenance in Sept as we move into the low season here in Bali.. Rest assured I’m addressing the issues prior to the next guests arriving in a few days time.
Previous guests have enjoyed the villa’s location due to it being in a quiet area of Seminyak but close to all the shops, restaurants etc. Your group did stay in the busiest week of the summer due to the Indonesian holidays so the traffic was heavier than usual. The villa rate does include 8 seater car & driver for 8 hours per day to drive guests around and the driver is happy to work overtime for a small payment.
Thank you once again for your feedback.
tayjo1
“Fantastic Holiday, Fabulous Villa”
Reviewed May 14, 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

My extended family stayed in Villa Mewah in March. The booking process was really smooth and straightforward, Craig was very efficient and helpful with all our questions. We stayed for a week and didn’t want to leave at the end, we had such a great time. The staff were so helpful, the chef made us delicious meals when we ate in the villa, and our driver Moli was so courteous and couldn’t do enough for us. We often paid Moli to work some extra hours into the evening which was really cost effective. The bedrooms and bathrooms were clean as was the kitchen area. The adults particularly enjoyed the swim up pool bar area in the large pool! It was only a short distance into central Seminyak but the villa is located in a quiet area which we liked. All in all, a great holiday, great value and highly recommended.

May 24, 2017
Hi Tayjo
Thank you for staying with us at our villa and for taking the time to leave a review. The staff loved looking after you all. I'm so glad you had a good time and please do get in touch should you return to Bali.
I'd love for you to stay at my villa again!
lordmair
london
“Top marks ”
Reviewed July 4, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

Great villa, great staff and great location. The 9 beds across the 6 bedrooms was ideal for our large group. Highly recommended and Craig was so easy to deal with, very easy booking process. We had one guest turn up much later than the rest of the group and they picked him up separately at the airport too. Staff couldn’t do enough for us and chef was amazing, cooking all types of dishes. For some of us, it was our first time in Bali and we were so delighted with our choice of holiday and villa. We’ve often stayed in hotels before but will look to book villas from now on as we plan to return to Bali next year.

277siddha...
Dayton, Ohio
“Decent”
Reviewed July 1, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Stayed at Villa Mewah in Bali recently. The Villa is decent but definitely needs some upkeep. AC's don't work properly in all rooms and toilets constantly seem to not flush or overflow. Tiles in the pool were coming out and injured few members of the group.

outlets is one of the rooms don't work and are hanging off the wall.

wifi is extremely slow

5 actual bedrooms and 1 super small room with bunk beds

room with bunk beds has glass sliding doors with a gap that mosquitoes come in through all night

It is a great location if you plan on spending time at the Villa..You cannot really walk to anything, you are stranded if you don't have transportation.

The chef and two helpers are AMAZING and couldn't ask for for better help. They were always there when needed.

May consider this location again if basic upkeep was taken care off.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Staff, over all appearance, good size pool, attached bathrooms
Liked least: location, overall upkeep
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Jul 5, 2016
Thank you for booking with us and for taking the time to leave a review. We do appreciate constructive feedback to help us improve the service and villa product for our future customers. That said, I do believe some of your comments are very unfair and exaggerated.

We did have an issue of 1 slightly loose electrical socket which we fixed immediately once notified and there was only 1 AC you said was not working well. Just in case, we serviced all the ACs while you were out of the villa one afternoon and you said it was working fine once you returned so I’m very surprised that you say that the ACs didn’t work properly in all the rooms, that is 100% untrue, it was only 1 AC.

The toilets are all working fine with no problems.

There was a gap in the bunk bedroom door and this was also fixed quickly during your stay. We also supplied free insect repellant.

The pool had a couple of loose pool tiles which have now been fixed. Again, you didn’t say anything during your stay to either me or the villa staff. The staff always log in a book any issues regarding health and safety or any guest issues. There is also a first aid box in the villa.
There are several shops and cafes a close walk to the villa. There is the excellent Murano Day Spa 80 metres away too. We always make it clear to guests that should you wish to go to central Seminyak/Eat St then this is a short drive away. The villa rate includes a vehicle and driver and they will work extra hours at night for a small extra payment.

I did apologise while you were staying in the villa for the couple of issues and I'm disappointed that you have left such a review.

We invest a lot of money on maintaining this great value villa and we have 4 more days blocked out of the calendar in early August for general and routine maintenance.

I would refer people to read all the other reviews, the vast majority of which are excellent and we’ve had many happy clients staying at this lovely villa.
nunez292
London, United Kingdom
“Excellence”
Reviewed June 24, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Villa Mewah is the perfect place to stay with a large family with kids.
Stayed there for a week in May and we all had a great time. Great value too for what you get and brilliant service. Craig was very easy to deal with and we were picked up smoothly on arrival at airport with airport transfers included in the rate, result! Staff couldn¹t do enough for us and having the car & driver was so useful too. In a quiet part of Seminyak but not far at all from all the restaurants, shops, beaches. The family loved Waterbom Park and went there twice. Just one point to note, the bunk bedroom is much smaller than the other large bedrooms but, for kids or single adults, it¹s fine. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did and I can recommend this villa and Craig¹s booking service. Excellent !

Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
dannynsl
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Disappointing Unfortunately with Many Facility Issues”
Reviewed March 9, 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

I stayed at Villa Mewah in February 2016 with a large group of family (10+). The expectation for this place was high as it wasn't cheap (comparatively speaking), the pictures online looked great and the reviews were positive. Plus, a lot of us flew from across the world (e.g. USA, Malaysia, Singapore) to meet in Bali for a family trip.

Unfortunately things didn't quite work out for us and I've listed the pros & cons below. One of the most disappointing things were when issues came up, the owner was not contactable and the manager (Hery) was not very helpful nor empathetic to our situation.

I talked to Hery on our first day highlighting the plumbing and bunk bed room issue, and requested that we get 2 pullout beds to sleep in the entertainment area since it's more spacious and would be slightly more comfortable. Hery would/could not give us complimentary pullout beds and insisted he charge us US$25/bed/night, which I outright refused given the problems we're having to deal with.

It was only the next day that the owner managed to get back to us and offered us the complimentary pullout beds. However, it came to the point where there were issues that could not be fixed immediately (e.g. plumbing issues, poor bunk bed room, electricity tripping) and we decided enough was enough, we were going to move to a hotel and not deal with all this headache. Turned out to be cheaper too with much better facilities.

I offered to pay for 2 nights we stayed with Villa Mewah, and get the other 2 nights refunded, so that we could come to an agreement quickly and we were able to move to a hotel without financial loss. To be honest, given the issues we faced, I would've preferred to pay for only 1 night or full refund but I couldn't be bothered arguing too much at that point.

Overall, a lot of us traveled from far away and wanted to have a relaxing time in Bali to spend quality time with family, and not deal with accommodation facility headaches. We didn't get that unfortunately. I would've given this place 2 stars, but the extra star was for the refund. This place looked promising but unfortunately didn't deliver.

Pros:
- The overall look and feel of the 5 bedrooms were great. Big and spacious rooms.
- The pool was great for the kids and just playing around/cooling off.
- Big spacious entertaining/dining area.
- Onsite chef was helpful in preparing meals.
- Property was secure with locked gates.
- Their driver was very helpful.

Cons:
- Poor plumbing (toilets could not flush properly).
- Electricity issues (the wire tripped several times). Took us a couple of hours to find the main switch as the first time it happened was at 3am and no one was contactable to help us.
- Insects/bugs issues. Maybe this is somewhat "normal" to Bali, but in one of our rooms, there were literally like 10+ flying bugs on our bed.
- Damp/musty smell in the TV room.
- The room with the bunk beds was no where near the level and standards of the other 5 rooms. This is more like a servant quarter's room - extremely small (literally just a bunk bed and a cupboard). My brother-in-law and his girlfriend had to sleep in this room and don't think it was a highlight for them as they flew all the way from San Francisco.
- Location wasn't the greatest to walk at night - very dark street and didn't feel that safe (although it was probably safe). However, that may be a given if you're after a quiet/remote location.

Traveling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Apr 13, 2016
Thank you for your review and for your comments regarding the villa, I do welcome constructive feedback on how we can improve the experience of our guests.
We did explain regarding the power issues prior to your arrival. This was due to the local electricity company damaging local cables in the area affecting a number of villas. I'm very glad to say, this has now been fixed with the electricity company actually upgrading the supply of electricity into this villa. The plumbing issues were related to the power outtages and they have all been resolved.
Firstly, regarding the communication, as explained to you, I was on a flight from the UK to Bali when you arrived and was not able to be contacted. You had the numbers for both Hery and Evvi who are the managers working across my villas.
Hery also met you on your arrival to the villa to explain how the villa worked and to ensure you were all ok. He also spoke with you several times within the first 24 hours. It’s unfair to say he was empathetic and as he was very concerned that you weren’t happy in the villa and that some of your group wanted to stay in a hotel rather than a villa. The feedback I receive regarding Hery is always positive and I’m very surprised by your comments. I’ve spoken with Hery to ensure he always has a helpful and constructive approach to our guest clients moving forward.
Yes, there was a misunderstanding regarding the roll out beds for which I’ve already apologized. I apologise once again here for this occurring, it should not have happened.
We have resolved the issue in the TV room.
It was also clearly explained that the 6th bedroom was a smaller bedroom with bunk beds. It’s ideal for single adults or kids, not a man and wife couple.
This is a villa on a tropical island so there will be some insects and bugs present on occasion in the villa as is the case for all villas in Bali. The staff looked into the specific bugs issue at the time in the villa and there none there and they were confused by your comments on this.
I’ve had many reviews across various websites and sales platforms which highlight the great price and value of this villa along with the excellent staff and accommodation. Issues do sometimes arise and I do pride myself on resolving any issues which might arise in a very fair and reasonable way.
Rakesh500
London, United Kingdom
“‘Great fun, lovely villa to stay’”
Reviewed January 7, 2016 for a stay in December 2015

Stayed here with mixed group of friends and kids at Christmas. Villa was perfect for our group, we loved it. Staff were so friendly and helpful, the chef’s food was delicious, the driver took us all over the island. Booking with Craig was so easy and painless. Bali is such a beautiful place, everyone had a fantastic time. Thank you Craig and Villa Mewah!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Clean, great location and great staff
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing