“Great food, beautiful decor, expect to wait forever for your food and/or bill”
Review of Zibiru

Zibiru
Ranked #26 of 560 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Since opening its doors in August of 2012, Zibiru has garnered a loyal following with its regional Italian cuisine made from fresh ingredients. The restaurant has something for everyone, from food enthusiasts to wine lovers: During the day a gastronomic deli, offering sandwiches with premium Italian products as well as vegan and vegetarian choices. 5 to 7pm is Aperitivo time with wine tasting and a chance to sample complementary bites from the kitchen. Come at night to listen to soul music and jazz, an ideal soundtrack for friends catching up or for couples seeking intimate conversation amid a romantic setting. We offer a feast for all five senses, providing a little refuge from the noise and liveliness of Seminyak. Adorned with authentic details exuding old Bali charm, Zibiru revives the romance of the past with its whitewashed facade, hand-carved wooden interiors and handmade furnishings. We offer three different dining experiences: al fresco in the garden amidst lush tropical flora; under the stars of the rooftop lounge; or in the haven of its non-smoking interior. The menu showcases the best offerings from the field; market-fresh fish arrives daily, bread is homemade on site, and pasta is handcrafted from scratch. Organic heirloom vegetables are harvested from Zibiru's own environmentally friendly farm in the mountains of Bali. Zibiru offers a chance to taste the splendor of Italy's various regions all under one roof. Live jazz every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
Reviewed April 25, 2014

The food is absolutely delicious and without reproach. The restaurant feels like it's an art gallery in someone's comfortable farmhouse. Very elegant, but in a relaxed and welcoming way.

Recommend without hesitation: the beef carpaccio, the sesame tuna steak, the spinach salad.

The service was slow, even by Balinese standards. I don't like having to chase servers for my bill or to give them my credit card or to actually get the transaction executed, but I had to do just that. I had 45-60 minutes for dinner. At no point after you put in your order does someone every ask you "do you need anything else?" A good example would be "Yes, a drink" or "Yes, the bill".

It didn't matter how many times I said, "I need the bill, I have to go" or "I need to pay, I have to go" "I was trying to find you to give you my credit card, I need to pay now and go". I could not express any sense of urgency whatsoever. The restaurant was busy, but not heaving.

I ate there twice, and the service experience was consistently slow. The second time I ate there, I gave them 15 minutes from the time I asked for the bill to give me the check but no dice.

Good to know: if you eat outside in April there will be mosquitos. Check for bug spray, they usually have some.

1  Thank Anissa D

Reviewed April 21, 2014

My husband and I came for an early dinner before we flew home, and we were so glad that we went! The meat and cheese plate was delicious and the home made pasta was just gorgeous! Banana smoothie was yummalicious! We were in a rush so couldn't stay for dessert but will be back with friends in Sept so will have to try them then!

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Food was absolutely wonderful. Panzarella was perfect. Rabbit slow cooked in white wine with wet polenta was delicious. Chicken saltimbocca was a revelation with asparagus inside. Chocolate fondant was gooey and rich. Going back again in 3 nights - can't wait!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

It's humbling to think that you can find yourself enjoying one of the best and most authentic Italian meals in a quiet setting in Seminyak, We came expecting an excellent meal on the strength on the Tripadvisor reviews, though this is a unique occasion in which expectations were exceeded. The home-made pasta is a must, even if you are the type to avoid ordering pasta at restaurants; the subtle flavoring and the fresh produced provided a truly authentic experience. The snapper is also a must!

2  Thank chickaferdy
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Very good service, modern presentation of Italian food with tasty ingredients. The jazz music played by a trio was an added bonus.

1  Thank gilglenu