Zibiru
Ranked #27 of 566 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Since opening its doors in August of 2012, Zibiru has garnered a loyal following with its regional Italian cuisine made from fresh ingredients. The restaurant has something for everyone, from food enthusiasts to wine lovers: During the day a gastronomic deli, offering sandwiches with premium Italian products as well as vegan and vegetarian choices. 5 to 7pm is Aperitivo time with wine tasting and a chance to sample complementary bites from the kitchen. Come at night to listen to soul music and jazz, an ideal soundtrack for friends catching up or for couples seeking intimate conversation amid a romantic setting. We offer a feast for all five senses, providing a little refuge from the noise and liveliness of Seminyak. Adorned with authentic details exuding old Bali charm, Zibiru revives the romance of the past with its whitewashed facade, hand-carved wooden interiors and handmade furnishings. We offer three different dining experiences: al fresco in the garden amidst lush tropical flora; under the stars of the rooftop lounge; or in the haven of its non-smoking interior. The menu showcases the best offerings from the field; market-fresh fish arrives daily, bread is homemade on site, and pasta is handcrafted from scratch. Organic heirloom vegetables are harvested from Zibiru's own environmentally friendly farm in the mountains of Bali. Zibiru offers a chance to taste the splendor of Italy's various regions all under one roof. Live jazz every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Last night I followed the recommendation of one of my friends and had dinner at Kebun Zibiru Restaurant. I have to say, those guys did such good work. The rooftop terrace is breezy, lights are soft, and the music is perfect for this type of dinner. The food was totally balanced with the space of zhe restaurant. The owner presented us with appetizers to share, giving to us an opportunity to try a little bit of everything. Everyone enjoyed it. Most of the appetizers was with fish and you could feel the freshness of the ingredients.

I had linguini with a kind of anchovy water (recommended by the owners). I was a little skeptical but it was spectacular. Even my friend's tagliatelle with truffle was super, and the gnocchi is to die for. Amarone della Valpollicella. One of my favorite wines and at a really good price. Good friends, nice space, exciting food. At the end I even met the chef/owner who appears a little rude but after a few words was actually quite friendly. Highly recommended.

P.S. Ask for Chef's Specials.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I go to this place at least once a week because it's great value - the food is very good, handmade pasta and fresh sauces that taste like the real Italian food I miss. There is a pretty rooftop (unusual for Seminyak) where you can have a quiet candlelight meal. I'm a vegetarian and the staff is always very flexible and understanding - they go out of their way to provide me with veggie options. The atmosphere is casual and relaxed and they are open until late! Love Zibiru.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Really lovely venue, cosy feel and friendly staff, very quiet on a Tuesday night but think it probably gets busy at the weekends. Italian fare, I heard that the pasta is handmade fresh so I tried the swordfish ravioli with a light tomato/eggplant sauce, it was nice but didn't seem super fresh or amazing. The eggplant parmigiana starter was best and tuna tartare was nice too, my friends snapper main was beautifully presented but a little over cooked.
Great selection of teas, I tried the Zibiru special and it was great, lemongrass/ginger/cinnamon/rosella in a lovely pot & teacup with a big cinnamon stick.
Nice place to meet friends or a date for dinner, good value (very reasonably priced), we sat outside and the weather was perfect.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were staying close by and as others have commented "stumbled" upon Kebun Zibiru.
Nice space. Light, airy, lots of white timber. Courtyard area as well. Roof top terrace lovely for a drink & dinner. Small though. Great pasta. Wine reasonably priced for Bali. A few final finishing touches from the boys & I think they have the making of a terrific Italian away from Eat Street.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I've been there with my friends on January 2013 and I ve been totally astonished!
It' not so common and easy to find a good italian restaurant in Bali, but here is not simply good it's like to feel truly in Italy, the best Italy!
The place has an incredible atmosphere and it fits for every type of occasion. The owners Luigi and Simone are so polite and very helpful to every request.
The plates are great, original and simply delightful, simply for every taste! The choice of wine is wide and well-chosen.
I couldn't imagine better place with better value for money.
Absolutely suggested!