“Absolutely magnificent”

Ranked #53 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Melbourne, Australia
“Absolutely magnificent”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

After reading many of the positive reviews (as they should be!), there's certainly not a whole lot to add other than sharing the personal experience my wife and I enjoyed during our stay at One Eleven.

After a shaky start to our annual vacation at a sister resort, we were fortunate enough to be whisked away to One Eleven. First off, I have to congratulate the manager of both resorts, David Beevers (I know you'll be reading this), for going out of his way to make our stay as memorable as possible and making us negate the start of our trip.

One cannot help but go "Wow..." when walking into the villa. If you think you have an expectation of how it's going to be by looking at the photos, you will be blown away in reality. The decor and architecture is modern and beautiful. The colours used throughout the villa is vibrant and the whole feel of the place simply puts one into "relaxation mode". The pool is huge and absolutely divine. The bedroom is spacious with a tonne of cupboard space and an ultra comfortable bed. The bathroom doesn't leave much behind and it has one of the best showers I've ever experienced in my life!

Breakfast gets prepared in your villa by a little army of staff every morning - the food and present menu choices are great. Everything else throughout the day is only a phone call away and usually gets done within minutes. On that note: the staff at One Eleven is exceptional. It's not your average Joe Bloe staff generally found in some Bali resorts - of the conversations we enjoyed with some of the staff members revealed their previous experience in the hospitality industry in parts such as Europe and the US. And they leave no stone unturned. My wife felt sick during our first couple of nights (head cold), and upon asking the staff for directions to the nearest pharmacy, our butler asked what exactly it is we were after. After providing the detail on some meds, he returned half an hour later with the tablets - totally unexpected!

Another major plus mentioned here was access to a hotel driver. Yes, friendly gentlemen are available to drive you around locally when needed. This is a massive perk, and I'd like to thank David and his drivers for providing this service to their guests.

The whole experience is personalised, and it's the small things that really captivated us. They noticed that stack of novels next to the bed; the next day we found little bookmarks inserted where we last left off! The staff also noticed that we drink a lot of water, and so every night while preparing our room, bottled water and a glass would be placed next to the bed. Things get done without having to ask. You don't get to experience that in many places these days.

We're a very private couple, and we go to Bali to relax, recharge, and enjoy some peace and quiet. That's exactly what you can expect at One Eleven. The resort is superbly private and extremely quiet - it's as if the wider audience enjoying their stay at the resort have the same frame of mind as us! If that is the sort of break you're looking for as a couple, I cannot recommend this resort highly enough.

This place is a hidden gem and this experience has been one of our best getaways yet. The best we've had in Bali. Definitely expect us again next year One Eleven!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
David_GM_I_II, General Manager at One Eleven, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you so much for the review. it is very nice to hear about the One Eleven experience from a guest perspective and even more so on all those points mentioned with regards the level of service, the little touches and our employees. They will all be very happy that you enjoyed your stay at One Eleven and made an impression. Most of all that you both had a great holiday and want to come back again.
We hope to see you again in the not too distant future.
With very best regards
David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
Reviewed December 7, 2012

My wife and I spent 4 nights here during our first trip to Bali. We were also celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. When we arrived, we were greeted by a small army of staff, including the manager I believe, and then whisked to our villa in a golf buggy. When we stepped in, we went "WOW". The villa itself is stunning, and we were even more awed when we stepped into the room to discover the bed decorated with flower petals spelling out "I love you" along with a heart shaped cake waiting for us. We were awed. We also had a cold drink waiting for us, and a foot scrub as well! Nice!

The villa has good amenities such as a Yamaha ISX800, Sony Bravia, Eubiq power strips, Krups coffee machine, and the list goes on. Everything is very new and clean - well it is just about 5 months old. The pool is lovely and one can pretty much do a proper lap in it, unlike other villas I have encountered with smaller pools. There is a spa gazebo within the villa grounds, so you don't need to wander off far at all to enjoy a massage.

We looked forward to breakfast prepared in the villa every morning, with a menu presented the night before for us to make our selection. During the day, we received ice lollies - pretty much frozen fruit juice, a welcome treat when it's so hot and humid. Do check out the sushi bar Shiro as well, tucked away in a corner with intricate woodwork and sashimi that was fresh and well portioned. I enjoyed the unagi kabayaki, and also found the chawanmushi delightful with a little orange peel in it. Chef Shiro-san saw us out after our dinner as well and presented his card to us. Excellent food and service. Do try.

Service was always just a call away and a buggy will appear to whisk you away, along with a driver that is available to drop you off anywhere within Seminyak and fetch you back as well.

So what's there not to like? We had mozzies bothering us each night, despite weekly fogging and repellents in the room. We felt our room wasn't cold enough and despite our feedback, we don't think much was done as it pretty much felt the same. We also felt that the dining area was too warm and on one hot night we were perspiring as we dined.

But there isn't too much to complain about. One Eleven is an awesome choice amongst the many many options in Bali, especially more so now with the soft launch discount.

Room Tip: Villa one is nearest to the entrance. We stayed in Villa 7 which is a 2-3 min walk away. The staff w...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alfred L
David_GM_I_II, General Manager at One Eleven, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Alfred

Many thanks for posting your review of your stay at One Eleven. The One Eleven Team are truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have taken note of your feedback to improve on this items mentioned and have already taken steps, such as increasing the weekly fogging to twice weekly during this rainy season and the aircon has been checked to ensure that it is cooling as it should be.
We hope that on your next stay at One Eleven, you will be able to say we have reached perfection.
With best regards.
San Francisco
Reviewed December 4, 2012

At first I was hesitant about staying in this villa since there were not many reviews. But after corresponding with the hotel staff via email, and getting very prompt responses, my fears were laid to resort.
Once I arrived at the resort, I was BLOWN away!. It does look exactly like the pictures on the website. My partner and I loved our stay at One Eleven. The service was top notch! We had a driver that would take us around seminyak free of charge at anytime. They also surprised my partner with a birthday cake for his 40th birthday! We would come back to the villa every evening with little treats left for us. And they were yummy! Our breakfast was cooked made to order in our villa for us every morning. The staff was always cordial and friendly, offering to help me book dinner reservations and day trips! You really don't have to lift a finger once your there.
The architecture of this villa is absolutely stunning. I loved modern design and I want my home to look exactly like this villa. The temperature of the pool was always perfect, whether swimming day or night. The bedroom had adequate A/C and it was quiet also. Bathroom was gorgeous, although a double sink would be nice. We also got a free spa treatment in our own private spa gazebo. And it was AMAZING! The masseurs definitely knew what they were doing.
In the end, I would recommend this resort without hesitation. It is truly an oasis within busy Seminyak.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
David_GM_I_II, General Manager at One Eleven, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for your kind review of One Eleven and we are very pleased that you decided to stay at One Eleven in spite of your initial hesitance.. Even more so that you enjoyed youur stay with us and hope that it will not be too long before you return.
With very best regards
Sydney
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Excellent villa, excellent staff and great breakfasts!
Everything during our stay was well above average and after numerous trips to Bali we have found 'home'.
They have thought of everything and its all the little things that add up that make it very special.
Villas have a large grassed area which was a real attraction as my wife could follow the sun all day and the pool got plenty of sun and was always warm.
Thanks to David and all the staff for a wonderful experience....but don't tell anyone, we want to ensure we can get in again next year!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Reece H
David_GM_I_II, General Manager at One Eleven, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Reece
Many thanks for your review which is very much appreciated. Whilst titled "Shhh....Don't tell anyone!!", all the team at One Eleven are very pleased that you have. And most importantly that you enjoyed your stay at One Eleven.
We look forward to welcoming you back again next year.
All the best
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We booked a week in Bali with a view to rest and recuperate and we could not have chosen a more idyllic place to do this. The pictures on the website are exactly as you will find the villas, resting within their own private garden. There is attention to every detail and all needs are met with a smile from the staff of 111, from breakfast in your villa by pool every morning to early evening cocktails prepared and presented by your butler. I could go on and on but truly, there is no need to look further - just go!

Room Tip: All rooms are identical
2 Thank Sharyn T
David_GM_I_II, General Manager at One Eleven, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Sharyn

The One Eleven Team are very pleased to have been of service and delighted that you were indeed able to rest and recuperate.

Thank you for choosing One Eleven for your stay in Bali and hope it is not too long before we see you again.

With best wishes
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I enjoyed a one night stay at this stunning villa with a friend. We were impressed by the modern, clean, yet warm and comfortable decor of the place, from the high quality furnishings right down to the thoughtful amenities provided for us - high-end espresso machine, separate toiletries for males/females, an extremely well stocked pantry, large full length mirror, and modern access controls to open/close front door. The place is very new, and surprisingly, we didn't see a single mosquito or fly (given that this is Bali after all) - a huge bonus point indeed.

Brownie points for the impeccable service as well - we had a complimentary foot scrub at our own spa pavillion upon arrival, and the breakfast cooked in house was just yummy... and nicely arranged so that you feel that you are in your own private restaurant!

Would definitely want to visit this place again - definitely ranks as one of the top villas I have stayed in - it was a great overall experience for me.

Dear Cal

It is a shame you were only able to stay one night and hope that next time, you are able to stay longer and really get to enjoy One Eleven for a longer period.

Its good to hear we are winning with those pesky mosquitoes !. We fog weekly to ensure they stay away.

Thank you for your kind words as it certainly confirms that whilst not perfect, we are heading in the right direction and continue to meet and hopefully exceed our guests expectations.

With best regards

Melbourne
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My partner and I stayed here from 8-12 October 2012. From the moment you are picked up from the airport and throughout our stay, the staff could not have been more helpful or friendly. The special treats brought to us daily added such a special touch to this magnificent property. The attention to details with everything in the villa was exceptional. The coffee machine, the bed, the men's and women's toiletries, the fully stocked fridge... I could go on!
Truly a magnificent experience and we were genuinely sad to leave.
We had stayed in another villa in Seminyak in Feb 2012 which we would not return to but One Eleven would definitely be on our 'revisit' list.
Do yourself a favour and experience this wonderful property.

Room Tip: All villas are the same - outstanding!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
David_GM_I_II, General Manager at One Eleven, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Bbee

Many thanks for your very generous review of your stay at One Eleven.. We are truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay and certainly hope that it will not be too long before you visit again.
With best regards