“False disclosure”
Review of RC Villas & Spa

RC Villas & Spa
Ranked #42 of 421 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I would not recommend RC Villas to anyone for the following reasons:
- The hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen and bathroom were extremely poor. I have attached photographs showing a mound of hair that had collected on the pebbles in our shower which was quite disgusting.
- We were told that there were 'minor renovations' taking place. In fact there was major construction taking place at the front of the building. I couldn't sit by the pool without being disturbed by the concrete grinding taking place.
- There was no privacy by the pool as construction workers had a great bird's eye view.
- A member of staff would hold out her hand and ask for money each time we stepped out of our villa inside the resort.
- We were told that my credit card had declined the transaction for the first night's stay so could we pay the total amount straight away. In fact my credit card had plenty of credit. I believe this was a fabrication to extract the total amount before any of the shortcomings of RC Villas could be noted.
- We were so disappointed that we left after 4 days regardless of having paid the total amount for 11 days.
- When we asked for a refund for the remaining days due to the false disclosure of 'minor renovations' our request was rejected.
- I also totally agree that these villas should not have been rented out or should have been heavily discounted whilst construction was taking place.
- Its only redeeming factor is its central location.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank MegfromtheBra
There are newer reviews for RC Villas & Spa

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband and I spent 15 nights here to celebrate my 60th birthday. Although booking a one bed villa, we spent 10 nights in a two bed villa and then moved for the last 5 nights to the one bed. For this inconvenience we were given two free massages. My husband enjoyed the traditional Balinese massage which includes reflexology performed in their adjoining spa and went on to book further massages and treatments. The building work others refer to is their new spa and offices.

Unfortunately I react badly to insect bites but as soon as the staff knew this they sprayed the villa each night and left us with a can of spray. The villa was kept beautifully clean as was the pool and garden. If a member of staff saw something that needed doing, they did it whether it was their job or not. All the staff were extremely friendly especially Mea in reception whose English is very good. On the day of departure we didn't have to leave for the airport until 3 p.m. and were allowed to use a free villa to shower and freshen up before departing for the airport. All in all a thoroughly enjoyable holiday and will certainly return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DaisyEllen
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stayed here 4 nights, for my honeymoon.

The villa itself is perfect, couldn't ask for more.

However, you need more than a nice room/villa to make it a great place to stay. Bali was not the problem, lovely country, enjoy every moment there. The service provided by RC Villa doesn't not uphold the standard it should.

There's no room service, although there's surrounding restaurants you still need room service. After a long day out, late in the night, you want the food to come to you, especially when you're on holiday.

When we went to stay it was still underconstruction, which we neve knew about. The front entrance for RC Villa was not built so it was just a nice villa between the alley way.

The breakfast is really nice but its the same thing everydaym you get sick of it as you want variety.

No one really knows of RC Villa as it is new but because of the location, you can get to it by mentioning the Ku De Tah Rest.

Also most of Villas in Bali offer massage in your room, this one does not. Yes there are massage parlours outside the villa but it is not the same as getting a massage in your own room. They say the masues will come to your room but they don't as they are reluctant to.

Although the villa is very nice, I wouldn't stay here again. Simply because of the service, I paid way too much for no service at all.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I started our honeymoon here after an amazing wedding held in Cemagi. What a disappointment. I received an email 4hrs prior to check-in to advise that there was construction in progress. The staff showed us the villa and it was the villa closest to construction where workers had uninterrupted views of the supposedly private villa. We asked if there was another villa available and there wasn't. The manager had taken the liberty of booking us into their "sister" hotel which upon inspection was ok but certainly not what we had in mind for our honeymoon. After some researching on the net we managed to find a beautiful villa (Kunja) which was absolutely perfect for our honeymoon. I believe they should not be renting out that villa or at least heavily discount the rate. I would also have appreciated more notice than 4hrs considering I had made the booking over a year ago!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank baligirl_044
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We booked 4 nights here to finish our honeymoon, so were a bit shocked when we turned up and were surrounded by a building site. It wasn't that loud, but privacy was an issue. After raising our displeasure with the manager Marcel, my wife retired to an incredibly beautiful rose bath - complete with love heart - which was a good touch. We didn't really want to leave the place, as the villa was amazing, so thought we'd give it a night & see. The next morning Marcel popped in to say he'd organised another villa with full privacy, gave us a free massage (which was great) and let us have a late checkout on our final day. We were staggered at how quickly and efficiently all this happened and incredibly grateful to Marcel and the other staff. Hence, we spent our last few days enjoying the delightful villa with huge a pool and beautiful gardens. This is such a handy spot too, right in the middle of everything, so a 5min walk gets you everywhere. Would definitely stay here next time, it has everything we needed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CampbellsRambles
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were traveling with a 7 month old and the villa was able to provide a crib. Nothing to fault really and more or less true to what is advertised. The service is top notch, with the new manager and the staff attentive at all times and providing assistance all the time. I would also note that most of the construction is complete with the exception of a few villas and the new office at the front - we didnt notice any loud construction noise or any annoyances. Breakfast is cooked in room, and while plentiful, is just average in quality. Great location though, about 100m from Kudeta and right in the middle of Seminyak area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LondonYS
Reviewed September 15, 2013

my partner and I stayed here during the first week of our honeymoon. We were surprised by being upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa. It was just heavenly. breakfast cooked in our kitchen daily, comfortable bed (with air con!), our own private pools and sun beds - what more could you ask for? The staff surprised us by doing little things each day: leaving red roses on our bed, rose petals in the shape of a heart on our bedroom floor, bath towels folded to resemble swans, frangipanis decorated in patterns on our sunbeds, and a bathtub full of petals! Did I mention we also had an outdoor monsoon shower? delightful! we will definitely revisit. Thank you RC Villas :)

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple