“nice location, room layout not ideal”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of L Hotel Seminyak

L Hotel Seminyak
Ranked #51 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Angaston, Australia
“nice location, room layout not ideal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Nice location, plenty of nice places to eat and shop around. Try warung seleski I think thats what its called anyway? Probably only 100 metres away and delicious! Staff were all friendly and spoke resonable English. Rooftop bar and restaurant has nice views and decent food. Biggest issue was the room layout is very cramped but overall nice place to stay, thanks

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank carl s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

My stay at the L Hotel Seminyak was absolutely amazing!
As a solo female traveller I was trying to pick something central to everything and at the same time feel safe! I picked the perfect place.
The L Hotel location is great! It’s close to everything. A 10 minute walk to Seminyak, restaurants and shopping, and a 10 min stroll to Potato Head Beach Club and the beach.
More importantly is the exceptional customer service which I have honestly never received in any hotel I’ve been to, and I’m a frequent traveller of 5 star hotels.
At the airport, I was greeted with a cool washer, a bottle of water and a smile by my butler .. It only got better.
I was given a cell phone where I could call my butler to arrange anything for me. From appointments to Shuttle service to even drawing my bubble bath! I certainly felt safe knowing I had someone to call if I needed to.
I stayed in the Luxe Suite which was quite large and just perfect in design! In the room, there is everything you could possibly need. Starting with the most comfortable bed to most glorious bath to all the amenities you could need….nail clippers, scales, toothbrush/toothpaste, free minibar (non –alcoholic) along with many other surprises. A great rain shower with good pressure. They even had a gold fish to entertain me throughout my stay! Every night there is a turn down service, with a different "towel animal" in my room, along with a different bed time story and different snacks every night. Quite a nice touch. Probably this isn’t of great importance to some but the TV in the rooms have channels for the live EPL games! Important for sports lovers like myself!!
The Hotel is modern and new with a great design. I enjoyed going up to the Luna Rooftop where quite a friendly crowd gathers, (and made new friends) for some cocktails and really great food while watching the sunset. They also have a great Teppanyaki restaurant there which you have to try!
The breakfast is amazing! A la carte and the omelettes are made to order and were served to perfection. If you wished they could also serve breakfast in your room.
They served from what I could see great food over at the pool also, however I was too full from a good breakfast to eat it!! The pool is a minute walk from the hotel but in most other places I have stayed at the pool located inside the hotel took longer to get too so not a big deal.
The L Spa pamper you from the moment you walk through the door and prices were quite affordable. I did visit there quite a few times as the massages were quite good!
All the staff remembered my name and greeted me with a smile every time I walked past. If you appreciate fine details, being pampered by exceptional customer service then this is the place for you! I actually had quite a sad feeling when I left and everyone was waving me goodbye. It really did feel like id left a family.
I will definitely be going back!!
Angie

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
6 Thank Angie R
Adeline Q, Resident Tastemaker at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Angie

wow! am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Plus you gave such a succinct review and detailed one, detailing all the little details of our service and offering.

Yes, indeed, we will strive to serve our guests and delight them. Pls do come back and spread the word to your friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

Only stayed for two days but I would definitely return to this hotel! The staff was unbelievable! Always there to help and to make our stay unforgettable! Hotel is very nice with very confortable rooms. and location was perfect for us. You are at a 20 minutes walk from the beach but many taxis are available and many nice restaurants that you can reach by foot.
The staff helped us booked scooters, a massage at the spa. The greeting at the arrival was very nice. during breakfast we had the hotel manager saying hello to all the guest present and making sure they had everything they needed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank 819Chris
Thank you for your wonderful compliments. Glad you like L Hotel. Our service is defined personalized and we take pride to know each and every guest .Do return again. Every season, we innovate and create new offers, F&B, service touch points. You will never fall short of boredom here. see u soon
Munich, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

Despite nice rooms and obliging staff, it was a very unpleasant experience because of the thin walls of the hotel! One can hear EVERY noise of the guests nearby, sleeping without earplugs is impossible, loud music till late hours - this is not a luxury standard at all!

Room Tip: If you want to sleep, choose another hotel!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank A_Diver_84
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

We came the day before the silence day so it was a bit "quiet" at least one of the days, but they had movies, activites etc. to keep you entertained through the day.

Nice hotel. Nice room. Not for the shy person, since the shower is in the "middle of the room". Small toilet in an own room. Worked for us. Might differ from room to room (not that I know).

If you walk 10 mins or so you will get to nearby resturants, bars etc. Loads of differnet types. Do try Merah Putih while you are at it. Great food and great cocktails=)

All in all, a good stay. Great service and comfortable rooms. Would stay there again.The one thing might be the outdoor pool. You need to walk like 3-4 mins from the hotel, and there is just so much room at the pool. Go for the beach instead if you want sun. They will drive you there and pick you up when you want to. Good deal:)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ebbe1983
Adeline Q, Resident Taste Maker at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Ebbe
thanks for highlighting our décor allure and service touchpoints. Our Lifestyle and Legian suites set up is similar, except the legian suites faces the paddy fields. our shower area is not smacked in the middle of the room as u mentioned. Bascially our lifestyle and legian suites have their toilet separated from the shower area.

The Luxe Suites have a bath tub in addition to the shower area and toilet and all positioned in one area.

Kindly note we do provide free shuttle for our guests to our private beach area.

In any case, do come back soon and for preferred rates as repeat guests, do write to me or the GM directly.
kuala lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

It was our 2nd time staying at the L hotel. The service was even better than our 1st time staying with them and we truly enjoyed our stay at the lovely boutique hotel. It was a brilliant idea to change the breakfast venua from Lola to the Luna Rooftop bar.. more space and nice view. Thank you so much to the L hotel team for the great service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank syu
Adeline Q, Resident Tastemaker at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear SYU

Happy to hear that we have improved. You are our repeated guest and this is such a compliment to us. My team will continue to strive to exceed guests expectations.

We have just introduced new elements like our hand crafted tea and tea accessories. check it out when u come to Bali again and stay with us.
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

The hotel is very nice, new and modern. Breakfast is DELICIOUS! The room is small but very well designed. What amazed me more was the nice staff, especially Sukma (I don't know if she still works there). It was a little bit far from the beach, but the surrounding area has very nice restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends