L Hotel Seminyak
Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort(Seminyak)
$792
$276
The Oberoi Bali(Seminyak)
$305
$270
Agoda.com
The Breezes Bali Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$114
$90
Pelangi Bali Hotel(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$90
$78
  • Pool
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$288
$241
Agoda.com
Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$51
$42
Amadea Resort & Villas(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$72
$56
Agoda.com
TS Suites Leisure Seminyak Bali(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$275
$96
Agoda.com
Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$111
$89
Agoda.com
Courtyard by Marriott Bali Seminyak Resort(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$110
$103
Courtyard
All reviewspillow menubutler serviceboutique hotelrooftop barmobile phoneluxe suiteluna rooftopgold fishbedtime storykiehl's toiletrieslifestyle suiterooms are smallpersonal butlerlovely boutiquepotato headbubble bathgreat amenities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This feels a bit unfair, because in many ways it was what everyone else is saying but somehow, for us it was all a bit, meh. It just didn't quite hit the spot.
This could well be because we'd gone for the room only package which excludes all the taxi/telephone/cocktail/breakfast stuff. We're not breakfast eaters, so it makes sense for us to do it that way, but take away all the toppings and what's left is a bit blah.
I looked at booking with different sites but prefer to book directly. I requested a view of the paddy fields, but got the road intsead. A small thing, but it made me wish I'd gone through a booking site, same price and I feel sure they would have delivered what was specified
We arrived late and wanted to go out for something to eat and mentioned this several times, but they continued their leisurely booking in process.
The rooms are, as everyone says, very small. The kiehls stuff is lovely. Beds are fantastic. Stories at bedtime a nice touch. Staff are friendly, though slow moving.
Like I say, I feel mean not to like it more, but somehow it just didn't quite work for us. While I wouldn't diss it, I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Laura H
Adeline Q, Resident Taste Maker at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Laura,

Thank you for sharing your feedback which we valued greatly. We just would like to clarify that when you initially inquired about the rates, we have given some options of room plus breakfast and room only deal at Lifestyle suite which you opted for room only deal at Lifestyle suite. As you viewed on our website, our Lifestyle suite does not mention a paddy view but Legian suite does .
Despite the room only rate you booked, our reservation has generously extended bunch of benefits ( daily Food and Beverage credit, complimentary mini bar, pressing garments, nightly turn down amenities, etc ) which normally will be given to guests who paid full rate. In addition to that, our Front Office Manager has also extended a complimentary late check out until 5 pm which normally the hotel would charge 50% but did not this time.
We are sorry to learn that your stay has not met up to your expectation this time, however I , my General Manager and Hotel Manager personally would like to extend an invitation to you to experience L once again in a more engaging way if your future travel plan leads to Bali again. We be happy to upgrade you complimentary to the Legian Suite even if you book for our lead in suite- Lifestyle.

I am confident you will enjoy L Hotel’s personalized services intimately.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

The service here was really exceptional, tiny details are really paid attention to and when you arrive in the reception the staff very sweetly say "welcome home". Rooms are clean and comfortable with all the tv, music and designer mod cons. The hotel has a driver that will take you anywhere in Seminyak and when they couldn't drive me around, for which I was admittedly demanding I was given my taxi money!
This hotel was perfect for me as my holiday involved great restaurants, day pool clubs, nightlife and shopping. The hotel does have a city feel so it's not right if you want a pool / beach location as the pool is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. I journeyed out a lot and this hotel was the perfect central location and a lovely place to come back to. The roof bar is also lovely for a drink.
I spent a fortune at the spa, having every treatment possible - green tea body scrub particularly good.
The only thing that annoyed me was that water and soft drinks were free for the whole of my stay including help yourself mini bar, but in the 3 hours between checking out and waiting to go to the airport they charged me for water. Given how much I'd just signed off on my bill I felt this was a bit non hospitable on their part.
The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful and I had a wonderful holiday here.

• Stayed: January 2014
Adeline Q, Resident tastemaker at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Seiffy T

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thanks very much for supporting L'SPA. The next time you return, we will delight you with a spa surprise. I have noted your comments about the water being charged wjen you were waiting to go to airport, it is a point noted and our service team will bear in mind to see the bigger picture and intuitively deal with it on a case by case basis.

nonetheless, your patronage is always welcome and we strive to improve further.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Booked a room through Agoda for one night enroute from Jimbaran to Ubud.
Arrived around noon but check in is 2pm so we sat around to discuss what we could do until then. One of the staff approached us to offer an upgrade for US$30 which would include breakfast plus free shuttle within Seminyak plus the free mobile plus a voucher to use. After thinking about it, we decided not to take up the offer as we only had one afternoon and one morning in Seminyak. Nevertheless, they did expedite the room cleaning and we got our room around 1pm - very nice small room with the toilet in the closet and an open shower in another corner of the room - quite quaint and definitely boutique.
So we decided to check out the beach for possible sunset photography sites and asked to take the beach shuttle - there was some discussion & ended with one way shuttle service available only. Lucky I enquired about beach towels (cos other couple taking shuttle to W Hotel were carrying beach towels) so staff provided towels. Batubelig Beach seemed a long way off from L Hotel - by road. At the end of the Batubelig Road, we turned left onto a dirt road running along the beach - passing Mozaic Beach Club before we got dropped at a small Warung. That was the L Hotel Beach Club - reminescent of the rustic beach huts of Malaysia! A very friendly fellow asked us to sign the beach register from L Hotel (we were #3 on the list) and since we hadn't had lunch we had fried rice and sliced fried pork whilst we sat at a table under the warung shed. We thought this was most delightful and very Indonesian but so opposite of everything L Hotel seemed to represent. The beach was wider and longer than the one at Jimbaran but the sand seemed "blacker" or not so clean - taking into consideration that the waves here seemed more pounding. Conclusion was that beach & pool are not high on the service list - shopping & eating & drinking in Seminyak are on top.
Later we walked down the beach to Potato Head Club (which was very nice but no tripods allowed) and took a taxi back to L Hotel - no problem.
We had sundowners & pakora up at Luna Rooftop Bar to catch sunset with our tripod - not as good as the beach setting but it had just stopped raining. Lovely bar on the rooftop - we paid for our drinks.
Dinner was at Merah Putih - other notable restaurants within short walking distance are Sarong & Biku
Lovely hotel to stay if paying boutique price (not with Agoda) & staying at least 3 nights and if beach & pool is not important for your holiday (beach at Seminyak is not that nice anyway). For our one night stay, it was very good!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Adeline Q, Resident Tastemaker at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Jaytee

Thanks for your feedback. I am glad you appreciate what L hotel does to delight our guests.While the private beach area may not perfectly appeal to you, we will try to see how we can enhance the experience. L's concept is an all rounder of quintessential moments and delight. Highly personalized. It is built to provide an engaging stay in experience. We all look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I would reiterate what all the other reviewers have said - the service is exceptional. The butler service, the car that takes you anywhere in Seminyak and picks you up, the mobile phone - these made all the difference. All the staff were so friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay.
The only thing I did not like was the fact that the pool was a little walk away.

Room Tip: when sharing with a friend, probably better to get the bigger rooms as the rooms are small and the shower is visible (screen that comes down but needs to come down on the other side of the vanity!) and the toilet is not very private either.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Boutique hotel with the best staff ever. 24/7 hr butler service, car that takes you and picks u up anywhere in seminyak. The room is not huge but good enough for 1-2 person. I get to choose my pillows and 2nd nites on, I slept like a baby. Breakfast is cooked to order and taste awesome. The pool and gym is quite small, but the staff reallly makes up for what this hotel lacks in. I will definetely be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple