“Outstanding customer service”
Review of L Hotel Seminyak

L Hotel Seminyak
Ranked #50 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Hotel staff and reservation specialists were extremely helpful when I had a family emergency. We are looking forward to staying here in the future. Would def recommend solely based on customer service.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Blimp L

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Absolutely exceptional service. I travel around the world all the time for pleasure and stay at top class hotels usually, so to be impressed by L Hotel Seminyak, it is not a small feat. Even their breakfast was incredible - cooked to order individually prepared served in the room! I usually can do without hotel breakfast (not even a la carte as they are always boring) but I was actually looking forward to L Hotel's breakfast. Their butler service was proficiently executed. They remembered every little detail of my orders and requests so everything was organised like a breeze. Apart from a couple of episodes in which the language was a little problem, they were able to pull of the level of service I would usually see at a Palace hotel grade. It was super impressed. It's a new hotel so I hope they can keep it up.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I loved my stay at the L Hotel. I found the staff to be really helpful from the waiters to the room staff I was spoilt. I miss Goldie the goldfish so I may invest in one back here in Australia. What can I say that has not already been said on Trip Advisor about this great place? The décor is amazing and unique with so much personal detail like the attention from the staff. I loved the ceilings in the rooms, unique all handmade in the most beautiful silver grey colour. The added touches in the room make it so comfortable, the fridge with the drinks, the hand rolled towels, the remote control blind, the great TV and WIFI reception. It was hot in late October during the day outside, not in the room where the AIRCON works so well with a gentle hum you would hardly know that it is on. I had an invitation left on my bed offering me a complimentary afternoon tea. It was amazing served in a white birdcage with my private Butler. I am so glad I had not eaten lunch as it was simply delicious combining both Western and Balinese delights. I forgot to mention the wonderful white bone china that everything is served on. Breakfast is wonderful, served with elegance. I usually go to outside Spas, since I discovered Sukma at the wonderful clean professional L Spa that was it, no other Spa just here with the pool, the foot spa before each massage and the comfortable clean massage table with the shower inside the massage room. IF PERSONAL PAMPERING, WONDERFUL FOOD, CHIC STYLISH ELEGANT ROOM AND GREAT SERVICE IS YOUR THING THEN LOOK NO FUTHER, THE L HOTEL IN BALI IS FOR YOU.. A big Thank You to my private Butlers, Car Drivers, and reception staff plus any I have not mentioned. I look forward to my return to the L Hotel in Bali.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Maycole666
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My friend and I who both live in Singapore booked a long weekend trip to Bali and settled on the L Hotel given its very good location, and previous reviews.

We were not disappointed… The hotel was stunning, very ‘chic’ with an intimate feel to it. The roof top bar very cool, along with 3 pools at our disposal. The main pool (outside) is a short walk down the road, this was not a problem for us and the staff were always on hand if we needed anything. The hotel itself is not big, but the designers made good use of the space. The rooms are fairly small so if you plan to spend all your time in your hotel room I would say this could be a issue! Obliviously for most the hotel room is for sleeping in only so for us this was not a problem.

The extra services the hotel provides are amazing... You are given a personal mobile phone to use during your stay which has two numbers on it, reception and your butlers (their terminology). The team also have a car services and will take you wherever you wish to go, I think within a certain distance of the hotel but this proved invaluable. 24 hour room/butler service and nothing is ever too much trouble. The staff couldn’t haven been more fantastic, always welcomed us with a smile and was extremely helpful… The hotel is also in excellent location of shops, bars, restaurants etc.

Overall I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend the L Hotel… We are planning out trip back in November already!

Room Tip: If you like your space and want a little more room to roam, I would suggest seeing how much the cost...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank kate_hutchinson
Adeline Q, Resident Tastemaker at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Kate

Happy you enjoyed your stay at L Hotel Seminyak. Do come back in November, we could be planning a big party late Nov. For more details, email me: adeline@thelhotels.com or GM Budiman at budiman@thelhotels.com

Our team really look forward to pamper you, as much as your recent stay.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The service I received at L Hotel was truly, one of the best experiences I have encountered in a long time. The hotel distinguishes itself from the more popular locations by having a staff that are warm and friendly, and make you feel like family when you first enter the hotel. Additionally, it provides unique service elements such as the butler service, personal mobile phone, free internet and complimentary shuttle service within Seminyak. These services made up for the hotel not being located on the beach and the small pool located in the bar/restaurant. The shuttle ride was less than 5 mins from the popular beach clubs. Already planning my next trip to Bali and will definitely be staying at the L Hotel. The staff truly provided a great Balinese experience and made me feel like there is no other place I would rather be than the L.

Room Tip: I recommend a larger suite if more than one person. The bathroom in the Lifestyle Suite was very sma...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Heel4Life90
Adeline Q, Resident Tastemaker at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for your compliments. Glad u like L Hotel. Next time when u come to Bali, you can also try few nites at L and few nights at our villa properties under www.shanticollection.com. Lola our upcoming new restaurant will be pushed out to showcase the art of Indonesian cuisine. Try it next time!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

From the moment I stepped foot into the L Hotel, I was greeted by the extremely sincere welcoming staff. The hotel is the Balinese version of the Hudson Hotel in NYC where detail and luxury aren't compromised by scale. The L Hotel experience really provides an orchestrated team that effectively enhances a vacation. It truly was bespoke with a genuine butler who was accessible 24/7 via the mobile phone provided by the hotel. Moreover,everything was extremely accessible via the hotel's free car service. The criticism of the small pool shouldn't be warranted given the beach was within walking distance or the hotel would quickly shuttle you to your destination. I highly recommend anyone visiting Seminyak should stay at the L Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank j-s W

Interesting JSW that u mentioned L Hotel mirrors Hudson Hotel in NYC. when I first created the personalized allure and services of L Hotel Seminyak, it is inspired by my hospitality experiences in HK, Singapore and travel experiences across Europe, where I stayed at many different types of boutique hotels in the past 5 years. It inspired me and my design team to innovate a product which uses the heritage of the destination and blend it with modernity. Something iconic. I felt Bali is charming and quaint , the people gentle , polite and warm, perfect for service culture and in particular the push the perimeters of the standard butler culture to what we have at L. All our butlers go through vigorous training at a butler school before on the job. Even though they have prior butler experience. Key thing we instill in our butlers is a passion to serve and to be genuine. Thanks for spotting that identity. Glad u like our outdoor pool too. Hope you come back soon or recommend your friends. If u need anything to be planned for next trip, let me know.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at L Hotel Seminyak yesterday and I'm so glad we did! Although the hotel is small, but the design is very chic and luxurious.

The moment we stepped into the lobby, we were greeted by a very warm and friendly staff. A good start :)

We really love our room, it's really stylish and comfortable. They even have a pillow menu which I never find in other hotels. You can choose your preferred type of pillow. The minibar is free of charge and their bathroom amenities are from Kiehl's. Love it very much!

The service was amazing! The staffs are very friendly and we had a personal butler.

We also had lunch at their restaurant, Lola. They served Indonesian food and everything we had were so delicious. We had lontong, soto, satay and their very yummy kolak.

They also have Luna, a rooftop bar where we enjoyed our sunset. Then we had dinner at Kitano, also at the rooftop. We had a very nice teppanyaki and also very entertained by the funny chef.

We also enjoyed our breakfast so much. They served amazing food like grilled salmon and wagyu beef! And their 'Egg a la Putu' is a must try!

We really love staying at L Hotel Seminyak. It was a really pleasant stay and we definitely will coming back!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Kartikalin
Adeline Q, Resident Taste maker at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Pleasure to have you as our guests and trust you will be coming back you. Talking about hidden gems, there are more gems down the lane at L Hotel to discover. U can try our quintessential high tea which is served in a bird cage made specially for this purpose. Plus try our delicious tandoor tapas, cooked to perfection by Mama L team- whose founder is a Punjabi homemaker who stresses on healthy cooking methods but with great taste. Continuing the wholesome homestyle preparation is Mama L's prodigy, our cordon bleu trained chef Puja who manages L' Tandoor by Mama L.