“Great Introduction to Bali”
Review of L Hotel Seminyak

L Hotel Seminyak
Ranked #52 of 145 Hotels in Seminyak
New York City, New York
“Great Introduction to Bali”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The service I received at L Hotel was truly, one of the best experiences I have encountered in a long time. The hotel distinguishes itself from the more popular locations by having a staff that are warm and friendly, and make you feel like family when you first enter the hotel. Additionally, it provides unique service elements such as the butler service, personal mobile phone, free internet and complimentary shuttle service within Seminyak. These services made up for the hotel not being located on the beach and the small pool located in the bar/restaurant. The shuttle ride was less than 5 mins from the popular beach clubs. Already planning my next trip to Bali and will definitely be staying at the L Hotel. The staff truly provided a great Balinese experience and made me feel like there is no other place I would rather be than the L.

Room Tip: I recommend a larger suite if more than one person. The bathroom in the Lifestyle Suite was very sma...
2 Thank Heel4Life90
Adeline Q, Resident Tastemaker at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for your compliments. Glad u like L Hotel. Next time when u come to Bali, you can also try few nites at L and few nights at our villa properties under www.shanticollection.com. Lola our upcoming new restaurant will be pushed out to showcase the art of Indonesian cuisine. Try it next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed October 3, 2013

From the moment I stepped foot into the L Hotel, I was greeted by the extremely sincere welcoming staff. The hotel is the Balinese version of the Hudson Hotel in NYC where detail and luxury aren't compromised by scale. The L Hotel experience really provides an orchestrated team that effectively enhances a vacation. It truly was bespoke with a genuine butler who was accessible 24/7 via the mobile phone provided by the hotel. Moreover,everything was extremely accessible via the hotel's free car service. The criticism of the small pool shouldn't be warranted given the beach was within walking distance or the hotel would quickly shuttle you to your destination. I highly recommend anyone visiting Seminyak should stay at the L Hotel.

5 Thank j-s W
Interesting JSW that u mentioned L Hotel mirrors Hudson Hotel in NYC. when I first created the personalized allure and services of L Hotel Seminyak, it is inspired by my hospitality experiences in HK, Singapore and travel experiences across Europe, where I stayed at many different types of boutique hotels in the past 5 years. It inspired me and my design team to innovate a product which uses the heritage of the destination and blend it with modernity. Something iconic. I felt Bali is charming and quaint , the people gentle , polite and warm, perfect for service culture and in particular the push the perimeters of the standard butler culture to what we have at L. All our butlers go through vigorous training at a butler school before on the job. Even though they have prior butler experience. Key thing we instill in our butlers is a passion to serve and to be genuine. Thanks for spotting that identity. Glad u like our outdoor pool too. Hope you come back soon or recommend your friends. If u need anything to be planned for next trip, let me know.
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at L Hotel Seminyak yesterday and I'm so glad we did! Although the hotel is small, but the design is very chic and luxurious.

The moment we stepped into the lobby, we were greeted by a very warm and friendly staff. A good start :)

We really love our room, it's really stylish and comfortable. They even have a pillow menu which I never find in other hotels. You can choose your preferred type of pillow. The minibar is free of charge and their bathroom amenities are from Kiehl's. Love it very much!

The service was amazing! The staffs are very friendly and we had a personal butler.

We also had lunch at their restaurant, Lola. They served Indonesian food and everything we had were so delicious. We had lontong, soto, satay and their very yummy kolak.

They also have Luna, a rooftop bar where we enjoyed our sunset. Then we had dinner at Kitano, also at the rooftop. We had a very nice teppanyaki and also very entertained by the funny chef.

We also enjoyed our breakfast so much. They served amazing food like grilled salmon and wagyu beef! And their 'Egg a la Putu' is a must try!

We really love staying at L Hotel Seminyak. It was a really pleasant stay and we definitely will coming back!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Kartikalin
Adeline Q, Resident Taste maker at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Pleasure to have you as our guests and trust you will be coming back you. Talking about hidden gems, there are more gems down the lane at L Hotel to discover. U can try our quintessential high tea which is served in a bird cage made specially for this purpose. Plus try our delicious tandoor tapas, cooked to perfection by Mama L team- whose founder is a Punjabi homemaker who stresses on healthy cooking methods but with great taste. Continuing the wholesome homestyle preparation is Mama L's prodigy, our cordon bleu trained chef Puja who manages L' Tandoor by Mama L.
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Staying at L was an amazing experience for me and my wife. L is so luxurious yet so warm and humble at the same time. I'm impressed by the design of the room. Every part of L is so sexy.

They treat you so special, from the manager to the room service officers. We even get our own butler to serve us, they also give us a cell phone to directly call them if we need anything. Wow!

L had also given us so many surprises, unique towel folding on the bed, pillow menu to choose our preferred kind of pillow, free shuttle service, and a bedtime story booklet at night. Haha.

We'll definitely be coming back soon. :)

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ezra K
Barry
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently between 18 - 21 September. Like many, there is always a problem with choosing a good hotel - especially in Bali, where there are a number of options available. Having narrowed down a few villas and hotels, we settled on the L Hotel in Seminyak having read all the reviews on here. My girlfriend and I were very happy with the reception we got when we arrived...we were sat down in the lobby area, and although small, very well-designed and comfortable. When we were shown our room, we were given the choice of the 3rd floor in case we felt it was too noisy. The room was great - I would describe it as cozy. In a nutshell, I loved this boutique hotel and I've recommended it highly with all my friends. I loved the service, staff (especially our butler Deddy and the room attendant, Agus). In short - if you want a boutique hotel with character, L Hotel is your place. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Fongal
Munich, Germany
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The Hotel is modern furnished, the rooms and as well the whole area. The staff is very friendly and courteous, they cannot act enough for one.
They are very professional and one can feel the heart and Passion all the time. I had free shullte at any time I wanted around the Seminyak area and with the local mobile phone it was also quite easy to reach the buttler. ´

There would be a lot of thinks to say;
Lovely surprises (One evening I was served with my Favorit dinner, Mi Goreng) and the Support of all Teams made me feel "home far away from home"!.
I´d like to say a big thanks to the entire Team: the Buttlerteam (Gede, Eka, Agus :-)))))
The Housekeeping Team (they work so hard), The Driver Team, The front Team (Mei :-)))
The Restaurant Team, The Bar Team (Butu :-))) It was not easy for me to leave, I miss you and will hopefully return again soon.

with regards and big kisses,
Richard

1 Thank Richard_MUC
Malaysia
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Good choice for getting rest at the end of an active vacation around Bali. Bed was perfect with pillow menu more than adequate. Modern decor and high quality fittings make for a clean look. Room size was however a surprise for Bali and Asia; comparable with European hotels short on space. Location is not best for walking, be prepared to take taxi rides at approx. 20-35k per trip around Seminyak/Kuta. Friendly & attentive staff.

Room Tip: Rooms away from street are quieter, with rice field view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Adeline Q, Resident TasteMaker at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Great to hear overall you enjoyed your stay at L Hotel Seminyak. Fyi, we do provide free shuttle around Seminyak, Legian and Kuta area. we are petite but perfectly formed property with intimate and engaging touch points.When we built this hotel, we had to best maximise the land area with adequate rooms, besides, we wanted a unique and different structure away from the typical Balinese properties. The beauty is feeling the soul of the environment amidst lush luxurious interiors. Do look forward to welcome u back soon and will delight you with our latest facilities and lifestyle add ons. ie. great DJ spins during the week at our rooftop bar