“Balinese Hospitality at its best !!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of L Hotel Seminyak

L Hotel Seminyak
Ranked #53 of 141 Hotels in Seminyak
Dubai
“Balinese Hospitality at its best !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I had an amazing experience and stay at L Hotel...I spent approximately one week there, but it felt like two days, because the comfort of the rooms and quality of the hospitality was unique! the staff is super friendly and bent over backwards to address my every need...always smiling and happy. I loved the breakfast, and the way everything was designed...the rooftop bar is a winner, as I had a direct view of the ocean overlooking seminyak and some of its rice farms...the hotel is just steps away from all the clubbing activity, which is super convenient! everyone remembers your first name, the spa massage was excellent...i pretty much slept through it..and it is obvious that the management cares a lot about our experience....very memorable experience ...i highly recommend!!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
LHotelSeminyak, Management at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Mark,

Thanks so much for your great comments at the hotel. Pleasure to have you here and glad that the spa and breakfast stood out in your experience.

What brings great pleasure to us is hearing that our teams went the extra mile to remember your name, we look forward to you visiting Bali again!

Regards,
Business Development

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

We had a fabulous stay at the L Hotel. Initially, we were slightly apprehensive when we arrived at the hotel given the limited activities for the kids (we went with our 3 and 1 year old), though we could not have asked for a better hotel or staff. The butlers and staff went out of their way to make our stay comfortable, by recommending activities, places and restaurants that were suitable for us. They even sent us printouts on kids-clubs in the area that we made extensive use of. The complimentary shuttle service within the Seminyak area was a true blessing and made our stay all the more complete. The rooms have a boutique feel to it with high quality products and little quirks in design. Even though the rooms are small, the attention to detail and cleanliness is impeccable. The entire staff is wonderful and very helpful in catering to your personal needs. Will most certainly stay here again when we return to Bali.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MadK123
Dear Madhav,

We are thrilled to read this review from you and very happy that the Butlers were all able to provide excellent recreational choices for your whole family. We know it must be difficult to be traveling with young kids and we are just happy to know that our service teams went out of their way to make the kids happy.

It was also a pleasure to have met you and we look forward to your next stay at the hotel as well

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I had an amazing stay at L Hotel.

Loved the butler service – I’ve never been more pampered. I was picked up at the airport, ushered to my car and then before I knew it, my butler was running thru the check-in formalities in my room. I had requests met even before they were being uttered so it does make me wonder: is telepathy a pre-requisite for all butlers applying for the role? This is a question I will ask Gede the Chief Butler when I next return.

Sunsets at Luna Rooftop Bar are a must as there’s a view – with the ocean in the background and padi fields all around. I had a passionfruit cooler that set the scene for a nice evening. Small sharing plates allow you to have much fun with friends. I love the food there - it's rather delicious and moreish - especially the gyozas, chicken tikka and teppanyaki scallops. The kitchen benefits from a number of culinary influences and draws inspiration from everywhere so you'll find that there are tandoori, teppanyaki and wok fried items. With the cool upbeat music that takes you from the hotel facade by way of the lift to the rooftop, I have found a very exciting place to hang out in the heart of Seminyak.

Also, the pool is a sexy piece of urbane treasure – just the right size for lounging. I spent many afternoons there with my iPad.

I managed to have a very good Balinese massage at L Spa that left me very rejuvenated. Good handwork, really. Although there's Pevonia and Clarins products, I chose Langly for the local touch (my therapist tells me it's created by the hotel itself).

I’m quite happy to be back here based in Seminyak again on my next vacation.

1 Thank whiskysourlemonwood
Dear whiskeysourlemagne,

So very nice to hear from you and love your comments! You’re making us blush here…

We are glad that all our facilities, services and food exceeded your expectations and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay!

Please continue to stay in touch with us and we certainly look forward to your next stay..

Western Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I arrived in L hotel to finish a work assignment. I needed time away from everything / everyone to complete this task in silence and in a calming environment. I booked a standard suite, which I found to be lovely, but perhaps a little small. Once settled I was heavily disturbed by another guest child ! I made a complaint and explained my reasons for coming to the hotel, to which the management team responded to immediately. I was given a lovely Upgrade to a wonderful large suit in a very quiet area of the hotel. Since then my stay has been fantastic and my personal butlers could not have assisted me more. The hotel have arranged their driver to take me to shopping and Salons for a much needed hour or so out. The staff have really went the extra mile to ensure I am looked after and even remember small details, such as my breakfast preference ! The hotel management also agreed to a complimentary late check out, which was most appreciated.

If there is any bad points, I would say the room service menu is very small and limited. However this should not be a problem for the normal guest who would often eat out in Bali anyway.

Well Done L Hotel - Small in size but Big on service !

Room Tip: If you can, take the suites with a Bath , i found my first suite quite small !
1 Thank LRoss79
LHotelSeminyak, Manager at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Ms Ross,

Thanks for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. Firstly, we would like to apologize for the noise from the accompanying child of one of our guests, however we are glad that changing your suite rectified the problem. We hope you managed to complete your work assignment successfully! Also apologize if you felt the room service menu was limited, it has now been upgraded and you are able to select items from most of our items from Lola, our restaurant located on the mezzanine level.

We are happy to hear that our staff went out of their way to serve your needs and even more pleased to know that they paid attention to the littlest details such as remembering your breakfast preferences 

Thanks again, and look forward to hearing from you again,
Budiman Widjaja
Hotel Manager
Melaka, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I had a wonderful stay in this hotel early this month. It was a short break. Staff are attentive and very accommodating. My room was even upgraded as well. It's really a small cozy place. Feel like home to me. Special thanks to Punal and team for making my trip memorable and sweet.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LHotelSeminyak, Management at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Melissa,

It was such a pleasure to have met you and Rachel over your stay at the hotel and to know that you are a fellow hotelier as well! Yes, our team remembers you fondly as well and they thank you for your compliments.

Thank you for sharing your experience and look forward to meeting you again!

Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at L Hotel. We were greeted at the airport by a hotel driver, with cold drinks and wet towels! Beautiful rooms, clean and well presented. We loved the complimentary toiletries including the sunscreen, all replaced daily. However the hairdryer and mirror were a little awkward to use at the same time due to the positioning of the bench. Meals were awesome, extremely good value for money. Rutger the chef did a fabulous job. We had free cocktails and canapes each evening, up at the rooftop restaurant and bar. We swam in the pool and enjoyed our lunch and drinks poolside. Although the position of the pool was a little weird as it is alongside the restaurant/meals area. Lucky for us there were very few diners, the days we swam so we weren't too much on display! The butlers were amazing, nothing was too much trouble. Denny organised our travel itinerary for the day and found us an esky so we could take cold drinks. We loved all the staff, very friendly, helpful and prompt, they couldn't do enough for us. If the hotel drivers were busy when we required a driver, hotel staff called us a cab and paid for it. Excellent service. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Belzy21
LHotelSeminyak, Management at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Belzy21,

Thanks for your wonderful comments about the hotel and your experience here. We are glad to know you completely enjoyed your stay. The butler service is definitely one of our hallmarks so we will continue to improve this service and we will definitely let Dedy know of your compliments!

We are proud to know that we are fulfilling the promise of a small, luxurious, personalized hotel and we look forward to welcoming you here again,

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Pros:
Best pancakes ever!! the ex-pat chef is ex Sarong and Mummasan and knows his stuff.
Fabulous personal service from the very first moment - they are the most proactive staff I have experienced in over 30 trips to Bali. Very professional staff.
Extraordinarily comfortable beds, beautiful products in room, loads of extras.
Great rooftop bar.
Free taxi service around Seminyak which was always available.

Cons:
The pool area doesn't work. If you are looking for a place to hang out and read a book, this isn't your place. I understood when booking that this hotel was more a city style hotel but underestimated how inadequate the pool was. The pool area is inside and in the dining area so you have no sun and are surrounded by people eating their breakfast RIGHT by you. Great if you are an exhibitionist I suppose:).

As an architect, I thought they should swap the foyer and dining area so that the restaurant is at the front of the hotel. Create more energy for the dining area which is a bit flat and then the pool area would be more a bar area. The front area is a dead space.

Noisy location - remember your ear plugs.

DVD selection really poor - especially in a country awash with cheap DVD copies.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Spreadthelove
Dear Spreadthelove,

Thank you for your comments and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We apologize for any inconvenience caused regarding the swimming pool. To share with you, we are looking at a possible solution and we will update everyone as soon as we can on any new developments there. The noise is not much of an issue anymore, and we have made our DVD selection more interesting too. Just to clarify, we do not use pirated DVDs in our DVD list.

Happy to hear that you enjoyed the food. Chef Rutger did indeed work in Sarong and Mama San previously, and it lends to his diverse experience and menu creations. We are also very pleased to hear that our service teams met your expectations and we will certainly make them aware of this.

Best regards,