“Perfect for business or romantic travel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of L Hotel Seminyak

L Hotel Seminyak
Ranked #51 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Perfect for business or romantic travel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed in the Luxe for 3 nights on a business trip last week and loved it. The L is located about 30 minutes from the airport in the most fashionable area of Seminyak. As you enter the building the entire staff greets you by name and continue to do so until you leave. The L is just cool as can be with hip rooms, a great pool/bar/restaurant area an awesome roof top bar/restaurant and awesome rooms. The bed and pillow menu are plush and the free standing bathtub is luxiourious. But what I really loved was the food... I tried just about evewrything on the menu and loved it! The caramalized pork belly is sticky, gooey heaven, the Waygu steak cooked to perfect and the molten chocolate cake will send you into a blissful coma. Whats even better is that the rooftop restaurant has a totally different menu than the roomservice/lobby restaurant, so evern more to try! The bartender is also spot on with his drinks, inclduing some interesting twists on fresh juices that are unexpected (but delicious). I obviously really love this hotel and cannot wait to come back. BUT, as a father I do not see this as a hotel where I would bring my family. This is NOT youyr usual Bali resort with giant pool and lots of green space to run around in. Instead this is a beuaitful little gem hidden away for business travelers who want to be pampered and for romantic couples seeking their dream holiday.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Nick H
LHotelSeminyak, Management at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Nick H,

Thank you for choosing us during your business stay in Bali and we really appreciate your feedback and comments regarding your stay.

Great to hear you enjoyed the food at L! We have a huge passion in Food & Beverage and it is our strong desire to provide our guests with a complete luxurious stay with exciting gastronomic delights and we are glad to hear that you found our Pan-Asian selections delicious. We hope you tried the signature Beef Wellington and Tandoori Duck Leg at the rooftop Luna Bar & Restaurant!

Happy to hear that you enjoyed the rooms as well, and thanks for your comments about L being a escape for couples and business travelers. However, we hope you will bring your family with you on your next visit! We have had families stay with us before and they have enjoyed their time too, because the children love the pool by the bar.

Either way, we would love to have you stay at L again, so please come back next time you are in Bali,

Resident Tastemaker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Hello,

I stayed with my wife at L Hotel Seminyak last week (Oct 2012) and it was absolutely blissful. The service is impeccable, the staff are very friendly and ready to help you at all times, without ever making you feel "pressured" or annoyed, so I give them top marks.

The hotel itself is a boutique, which is exactly what we wanted, as we were going to be moving in and out of the hotel to go to our daily excursions all day, so the last thing we wanted was the need to walk through very long corridors with hundreds of rooms before we reached ours.

The hotel can drive you at your own convenience within close proximity (restaurants, beach, etc) and this is included in the price, as is the drinks in the mini bar, and every evening you are given a free cocktail and some canapés. It may seem trivial, but these small touches makes you feel 100% at home. Each guest has a butler service included, and they help you plan absolutely everything about your stay, from drivers for the day, to tours, shopping, etc...Ms Reni was our butler, and she was fantastic. The breakfast is delicious - eggs a la Putu is my favourite.

There is a Spa next to the hotel which belongs to the hotel, and my wife and I actually thought it was better than some of the other upmarket famous ones nearby.

If you're looking for a big resort, this isn't the place for you. But if you're looking for a cosy funky base with top notch service from which you can zip around the island for your daily dose of Bali, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Make sure you're comfortable showering in front of your partner, because the shower is inside th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cstelin
Adeline Q, Management at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Carlos & Neha,

Thank you also for choosing to stay with us for your 3rd Anniversary! Firstly, would just like to thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our hotel and giving us helpful feedback about our services. L Hotel is exactly what you say, we are not a big resort but rather a chic and urban boutique hotel.

We feel very happy that you enjoyed the service from our staff and that they were there not to pressure you but to assist and make your stay enjoyable. Reni is grateful for your comments and sends her regards to you, and so do Chef Rutger and Chef Putu, the creators of Eggs a la Putu!

The shuttle service we provide is something that we felt would be a nice touch for those looking to zip around Seminyak so we are glad that it is a service that is being enjoyed.

Look forward to meeting you guys soon, either in Bali, Singapore or London!

Kunal Pawa
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

The great service is definitely to be highlighted in a review. Anything you want to do or see, or anywhere you want to go, can be arranged. The breakfast is simply amazing. The only point of improvement I could think of is the Spa; although the massage was amazing, the pool and facilities were only average. If you feel like pampering yourselves, then go for L Hotel. I travelled solo and had an outstanding stay, feeling refreshed now.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Chris_S_88188590
LHotelSeminyak, Management at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Chris,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. Breakfast at L is amazing! I only wish I dined there more often myself!

Our butler service is created to be your personal companion during your stay and we are happy to hear that you found that service useful to make your trip arrangements, leaving you comfortably relaxed for the rest of your stay. We thank you for your comments regarding the spa facilities and will certainly find a solution to make sure our facilities are improved.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon again,

Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

The Service at the L Hotel was the best we have experienced in the world. On arrival the Reception staff were friendly, genuine and helpful. The L Hotel offers a free private butler service, our Butlers (Deddy, Eka and Wulan) were outstanding, the each went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable and memorable. The bar and wait staff were friendly, helpful and professional. The roof top bar is a must if you are in Bali. From the moment we arrived to the time we checked out ALL of the hotel staff couldn't do enough to make our stay relaxing and carefree. The rooms are luxurious and have every extra you could ask for. The L Hotel is an intimate, luxurious and beautiful Hotel. Only reason for not rating a 5 is the noise in the hotel's Day Spa (due to personal training activities) and although the pool is gorgeous, it doesn't have enough sun lounging area. Thank you for a wonderful stay! Gerard & Jessica

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jessica S
Dear Gerard & Jessica,

Our staff are thrilled to hear your fantastic review of their service! The butler team, including Deddy, Eka and Wulan remember you fondly and await your next visit. As a small luxury hotel, we place a larger emphasis on offering personalized services and we aim to provide the kind of guest satisfaction that you received during your stay; it brings a huge smile to the team to know that we were able to give you “the best service” you have ever experienced.

With regards to the disturbance in the spa, we have alerted the team to reduce the volume levels from our fitness studio, so that the spa remains to be that relaxing abode for you to escape to.

Please contact me personally if you feel a need to highlight any other issue, and we would be most happy to hear from you again,

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

When I booked L Hotel I knew it was new and a bit quirky. My wife and I returned to Bali for some R and R. We wanted to sit around the pool read swim and generally relax. Unfortunately the pool at L doesn't lend itself to this. I had booked ten nights and paid in advance. After visiting the beach club, casual membership included and seeing the beach area we decided that the hotel just was not what we were looking for. When we mentioned that we would check out earlier the hotel went into overdrive to help out. We were offered a number of alternatives including luxury houses. No other hotel I have stayed in tried so hard to assist. This is some hotel. Not for everyone but the staff are fab the service superb and the kitchen can cook up a storm. Except toasting their great country loaf!
If a pool outside is a must you will be disappointed. If not you can't go past L. Butlers, drivers, waiters room attendants and front staff all go that extra mile to help and make your stay a pleasant one.
Others have written about the rooms,some drawers would be nice. The bathroom is quant with its open plan but everything works.
Just a post script the hotel contacted my booking company. Shortly after a phone call and email confirming a refund for the rest of the stay. Can't ask for better service.
I know some may not see this as a review of the hotel as such but I wanted fellow "Trippers" to know that this hotel is special in a different way

Stayed October 2012
5 Thank Jobbo23
Dear Jobbo23,

We would like to thank you for writing such a great review of our service. We wish that you had continued to stay with us but we understand your reasons for shifting. L Hotel is a chic, urban boutique hotel and our hotel is designed to create a new experience of the traveller to Bali, and in fact, to give our guests a look into the modern beauty and creativity in Bali. We do have 2 pools and a beach area with our sunbeds to offer to our guests, however, we do realize that some guests prefer to have a large sunbathing area.

We are glad we were able to work out a solution for you. Our team take great pride in our dining options and our service and are happy that we were able to impress you in that respect.

Best Regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

My first trip to Bali was more than amazing. After a long flight (from Moscow) barely stand on my feet, but L Hotel impressed me. Beautiful rooms, comfortable bed,trendy interior, location and of course the attentive staff. In period when I was there the rooftop bar was opened. Amazing view, everyday is different sunset plus best coctels, what else do you need at the end of the day.
I love visiting spa in Moscow and I work in one of the best salons, so I had to try Balinese massage and spa, I heard its unforgettable . L Hotel also have spa and ,I would say, very luxury. I choose "After sun treatment", cause after pretty chilly weather in Moscow, Balinese sun was to hot for my wite skin )))) I spent an hour in spa and I fealt reborn))) jentle hand , nice smell of essence and music makes me so relax and fresh))
So, compear to others , L Hotel not big but defenetly, the Best, it have everithing you need for nice holiday or business trip.
I would love to comeback and stay longer. Thank you.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elena D
Dear Elena D,

Thank you so much for your kind words and compliments. Moscow is a long way from Bali, but glad to hear you made the trip here and that our services and accommodation made you feel at home 

We are really happy you enjoyed the view at our rooftop Luna Bar & Restaurant, and the great cocktails offered by our F&B team.

Till we meet again!

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

My partner and I stayed 10 nights, so I feel like I'm are in a good position to appraise the hotel; I think the hotel represents ok value but it still shows signs reflecting its infancy given it is only new. On the downside first, there were a few things: firstly, we found the basic room rather cramped and ill-thought out with its placement of furnishings (ie. no demarcation between bathroom and bed space with no mirror to easily look into, say, if you need to shave and the toilet space being very claustrophobic). Note: there are works still in progress on the top floor of the hotel and it can make for a noisy environment during the day. Secondly, whilst the butler service is a plus that plain hotels don't generally offer, at times we found it unreliable with arrangements we asked for not being made, so we felt like we needed to double check everything or just organise things ourselves. Thirdly, food in the restaurant is so-so with the eggs especially, at breakfast, never being cooked the right way (I also found it funny, or perhaps odd, that they illustrate how to cook a perfect 63 degree egg on their menu even though they don't offer it). Fourthly, the pool is merely a token pool and not practical to laze at, so if you really want that sort of relaxing time by the pool in the sun, you have to go elsewhere.

All that aside, there are lots of promising things about the hotel. There is real enthusiasm amongst the staff who make you feel extremely welcomed and there is almost an over-abundance of staff (it's a bit like running the gauntlet of 'good morning sir' through the dining room at breakfast!). Rooms are kept immaculate and the pillow menu is a nice touch. The hotel is walking distance to the beach clubs and many of the great restaurants, but if you want to be lazy, the complimentary driver is great. The hotel also has an association with Canggu health club, so you can use their 25m pool and gym for free and you can get ' knuckles in your back, make you squirm' type massages at real cheap prices.

All in all, I think that given the room rate is some US$100-200 cheaper per night compared to some of the big hotels and villas, it still represents reasonable value. I would expect things will improve as time goes along and the hotel becomes more experienced, so it would well be worth the punt for your choice of accommodation in time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank the_ooi
LHotelSeminyak, Management at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Dr. Ooi,

We thank you for choosing us during your last visit to Bali, and also for your feedback and response about the hotel.

We would like to address your comments as you have mentioned.

Firstly, we are looking at solutions to lay out the rooms differently for added space. The bathroom is designed open to create that liberating feel, and we will include beauty mirrors in our rooms to make it easy for guests to shave and apply their make-up as well following your remarks.

We deeply apologize for the noise that you experienced from the rooftop, but it has since ceased with the launch of The Luna, our rooftop bar & restaurant. Regarding the butler service, all of our butlers and staff are undergoing training regularly and we will do our best to ensure that the service is improved, as it is a hallmark of L. We are also concerned that you find our dining selection not complete and we are grateful for your suggestions. For time in the sun, currently, we have two other options for guests to enjoy. The first is a beach area with our sun lounges, and our butler personally escorts you to the beach with the shuttle service, and the second is our rooftop where guests can have sun lounges as well to relax.

We are pleased as always to hear your compliments of our services and details and the staff are pleased to hear that you found them enthusiastic. Kindly note that you might have found that we had many staff due to the fact that they were actually in training for our rooftop food & beverage service.

We appreciate your comment that you find the hotel promising, and we will make it our duty to improve from here.I trust you will still return soon one day or recommend our hotel to your friends. Check out our rooftop Luna, a cool hang out with a multitude of culinary choices.