“Fun, colourful and quirky setting”

Lacalaca Cantina Mexicana
Ranked #85 of 579 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fresh Mexican food and drinks, fun times and rock'n'roll
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Had a quick lunch with friends and enjoyed every morsel. Some great Mexican food prepared without everything being drowned in sour cream and cheese so the fresh flavours could really be appreciated. Fun, quirky and colourful setting. A great place to stop for lunch.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

This was a great lunchtime stop and the beer was very welcome. The staff were extremely friendly and gave some good suggestions to try off the menu. I will go back for another meal.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We looked up the restaurant and directions before we left out hotel. We got royally lost and I came very close to getting bitten by a dog but when we found it was very much worth it. Absolutely fantastic food, amazing frozen margaritas and funky decor. Staff were super helpful. Overall a great night!! And without a doubt the best Mexican I have eaten, better than the many I have tried in Melbourne.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

We went there for Friday night dinner, we ordered 4 little meals for 2, all of which are well presented and deliciously authentic enough. I tried red wine sangria sprinkled with fresh fruits on the top, it was colorful and refreshing. Ambience at night makes it a nice place to hangout with friends, casual dinner with boyfriend/girlfriend/partner with a few options of seating. Service when we were there were exceptional for Bali standard. Keep it up. And bottom line is, I would come back again for my mexican food cravings for I'm sure that at Lacalaca I will be satisfied and I would recommend this restaurant for those who are willing to spend a bit.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

If you want great music, food and drinks in a chilled atmosphere - this place has it all. We went back several times and even spent out last few hours before leaving Bali at Lacalaca.
The decor is very funky and they play soul and jazz beats which suits the vibe perfectly. The best Nachos, they use a special sauce with shredded chicken - absolutely delicious. The mains from quesadillas to tacos to enchiladas are a tasty and healthy alternative from the traditional greasy mexican food. The best dessert in Bali is at Lacalaca, the chocolate brûlée is a gem.
On to the drinks, if you are a fan of Bloody Maries you must tried their spin on it - Bloody Maria. Fuelled with tequila, tomato juice and lost of spices it will get your taste buds going. Also, the lychee margarita is a great refreshment during the hot days in Bali