“Cheap and cheery in easy location”

Lacalaca Cantina Mexicana
Ranked #84 of 568 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fresh Mexican food and drinks, fun times and rock'n'roll
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Had a nice meal at this place in July when holidaying with my wife and two children. I had the pork ribs which were great. But the old guy that works there (maybe the owner/manager) was a little strange, but the rest of the staff were great and the food was well priced.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Lacalaca became our second home in Bali. Some say that the best Mexican food in the world is in Phoenix, Az and that was my experience of Mexican until we enjoyed the food and the atmosphere at Lacalaca.
The staff welcomed us with open arms and big smiles and clearly were there to help us enjoy our experience. Sometimes we wanted to run in and eat a quick wholesome meal and other times we had time to enjoy the experience. The food was magnificent, affordable and above that, the level of care that those preparing our meals, drinks and those waiting on us made us feel very much at home.
Mr M, I appreciate what you said about 'the guy in the hat'...how could anyone not love him?!
We will be back there tomorrow for the Lunch Special before we leave Seminyak.
A big thanks to everyone at Lacalaca for your wonderful welcome, great food and being of service to us.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Ok, we came back for corn. Best Mexican here by far. Punchy flavours with great service. The guy in the hat- super cool. He recommended the quesadillas and we were hooked. I think it was called Monchasomasilla. Something long and unpronounceable. Sorry. Total spend AUD $50. Worth every cent. We keep coming back.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We'd heard about a couple of Mexican places to try in Seminyak but not this one - we just happened to stumble across it as was on the same road as our villa.
This was better than most Mexican places I've tried in Sydney, was more authentic and the margaritas list was amazing! Huge variety and the quality of the cocktails was a good as the food. The restaurant itself had a really cool, chilled vibe about it and the staff were great. Meals came pretty quickly and the menu had a great variety. 2 of us shared an entree, got a main each, a couple of beers & about 4 margaritas and the bill was around AUD$60. I guess kind of on the mid-higher end for Bali but seeing as though I would of paid 2-3 times this amount in Sydney WITHOUT it being anywhere near as good quality, we would definitely recommend!
Went here twice in a 6 day stay and will be back next time in town!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My family went for dinner at about 9:30pm and there only a few customers there. The food was pretty good but the manager(?) (older guy with the hat and cowboy boots) just stared at my wife and daughter to the extent that they felt really uncomfortable and we left as soon as our mains were done.