“Nice stay for relaxation and romance.”

Bali Rich Luxury Villa
Ranked #122 of 421 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Nice stay for relaxation and romance.”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

The hotel is currently still renovating their premises and the old standard villas. Must select the new deluxe villa. Villa are very new, clean and spacious. Can really enjoy quietness and relaxation here with your own private pool. Funny thing is a Bali hotel only serves Thai food but the food are quite delicious. A bit distance from main Seminyak street, hotel can arrange transfer to Seminyak area to your request. Airport transfer. Spa are basic and less of facilities but the masseur is very good.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Melbourne
Reviewed October 7, 2010

During my time there, the hotel was in the midst of renovations. My friends and I were situated in what seems the old sector of the Villas. The pictures represent the villas quite accurately and the service was fantastic. Room service was pretty quick and reasonably priced; the breakfast was great. You get a fridge that's not over stocked so you can get snacks and stuff at the convenient store across the road (from the back entrance).
The villa we stayed in seemed a bit aged though, which explains the need for renovations. Nevertheless, the place was very well maintained and very clean. Oh, the tv doesn't offer many channels, but you get a dvd player so that makes up for it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 21, 2010

We initially stayed in one of the older villas of which there are 6 then were upgraded due to power problems. We were moved to a new villa. It was absolutely beautiful. I have stayed all over the world in hotels and I would recommend this place to anyone. The room s are practically new and everything work s and is completely fresh and clean. This place was recommended to me by a friend and I have not been able to thank him enough. I have to say that we go to Bali on average 2 times a year and this is the best place we have stayed. The chef is previously from the Four sessions hotel and cooks the most exquisite food. We would normally eat out in Bali every night but actually ended up having friends come to us and ordering a banquet which was not only cheaper but A1. I actually asked the chef for a couple of recepies before I left...The staff will bend over backwards to help. Our kids loved it and no need to worry about them making noise, you have enough privacy from others. Also have a very handy shuttle we used at least once a day.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank 255103Sarah
Singapore
Reviewed September 19, 2010

This is my first time travelling to Bali with my spouse. We have read mixed reviews about Bali Rich and it didn't help when they didn't pick us up from the airport.
Everything changed for the better when we reached Bali Rich. They didn't receive my request for airport transfer as we sent out the email the day before we arrived. However, they still did a refund for the cab fare to us.
That is a very nice gesture. When we were brought to our villa, it was like 'WOW!'. Everything was what we wished for and even better.
The private pool looked very inviting and clean. The room was nicely done up and the toilet was extremely spacious with a big jacuzzi.
The breakfast was excellent and we ordered room service for the 2nd day due to our tight schedule and it was value for money. The location was excellent, just 5 to 10 minutes drive to Seminyak square and relatively near to Kuta as well. Anyway, they provide free transfer to Kuta, Legian and Seminyak.
The service was excellent in Bali Rich and the staff were extremely attentive and accomodating to our every requests.

I love Bali Rich and I would definitely recommend to all of my friends who plan on visiting Bali. And because of Bali Rich, I will definitely come back to Bali again and to Bali Rich as well.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Oh, where do I start? I had pre-booked this villa 4 weeks in advance for 9 nights as it seemed luxurious, cheap and perfect area!

Pick up from airport was nice, friendly. Mind you it was after midnite. On arrival we were told they didnt have the one bedroom villa (with jaccuzi ) as I had already booked online and was confirmed 2 weeks prio by them. so they gave us a 2 bedroom Villa with a jaccuzi, but closed off the other bedroom. We wanted to have a jaccuzi as we were exhausted and needed to chill, then to see that the hot water tap wasnt running, the plasma screen and volume of the jaccuzi wasnt working. So they sent in technician to fix it but couldnt. So for the next 3 nights we were constantly interrupted by technicians, by managers, by staff to fix bits here and there. The clock on the wall wasnt working!!!!

The next day we were told by the general manager Wayan, that we would be allocated to the Villa we originally booked. So we went shopping during the day and when we arrived at the Villa we were told by another staff member that they DIDN"T have any other villas available until 3 days before we check out. which meant they didnt have one at all and we had to stay at the one we were at.

I tried to get in touch with that manager so I can talk about the problem, but was told he was in singapore for business and wasnt goint to be back for 2 weeks . So I was introduced to the assistant manager and he had no clue what I was talking about. he said that nothing was documented and he has no idea about the problems we've been having!

Breakfast was shocking. One small sausace, 1 egg, 2 bites of bacon and half tomato..it looked like jail food! Taste was okay.I shopped and cooked for us as it was better quality. Food wasnt too crash hot either!

We had organised some tours so we requested 'wake up' call for 7am...We never recieved it and we nearly missed out on the tour.

We were told we had transport to and from the villa every day, but when we requested to be dropped somewhere they continuously told us the driver was out on a job and was unavailable. In 9 days we got that service twice. and mind you we were out and about every day a few times a day. So we spent quite a bit on taxi's.

They had on their site wireless but NEVER had any connection at all.

For the first 4 days we had no peace and quiet, our privacy was invaded by them walking in the villa randomly with towels or something and apologized for the mistake. They never called back when we requested help.

The staff members couldnt understand english so they would always reply with yes, thankyou, sorry! So it was just hell on earth. It got to the stage where I could no longer bare it and couldnt deal with them, so my friend tried to explain all the defaults in the place, about the poor service and he got fed up too.

It got so bad I called up booking.com in America ( whom I booked through) and had explained to them the situation. The operator was in shock and called the villa to try to sort the problem out. She called me back and said the manager is on his way to see me. Well, he NEVER came to talk to me. So on checkout, I had demanded I only pay for 5 nights since the whole stay was horrific. The manager wasnt too keen on that deal, but he had no option. I had told him he is lucky I'm even paying for the 5 nights considering I didnt get anything out of our stay like we were promised! He offered me one night free, free massage and dinner! But I didnt except it! And I paid him only 5 nights! Didnt even say thankyou, goodbye....i just got the hell out of there!

They really ruined our holiday! I am soooooo angry right this minute typing about this experience! Never again! And people shouldnt take this risk either. The Villas are beautiful but not worth the hassle..........

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
9 Thank Dora-the-explorer30
Haarlem, Netherlands
Reviewed July 26, 2010

We stayed at the Bali Rich Luxury Villas for one week, at an one bedroom deluxe Villa ( number 208 ) I have totally no complaints at all; everything was more than good. What we really liked about this place was the staff, they were extremly helpfull, always smiling and always provided an excellent service. On the top of that; the Villas were very clean and very spacious. If you stay at a villa, you've got very much privacy. There is a free shuttle available that brings you to Kuta. You can choose what kind of breakfast you like, and you can choose where you want to eat it; they can bring it to your villa, but you can also have it in the restaurant. If you would like to go there, I would recommend to book on they're own website, because they offer the most of the time a discount.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 29, 2010

My partner and I stayed in the 1 bedroom villa - Number 101 (closest to street). It is the most amazing room/villa we have ever stayed in.
The private pool is massive, as is the bed. The room is large and functional, from the outdoor shower to your own kitchen and lounge, and the villa is entirely walled in for privacy.
The room is very stylish, with curtain walls and modern Balinese decor. We felt very at home. We paid $150 AUD per night, which I think was very good value for money.
The villa was meticulously cleaned daily.
We chose to have our breakfast served in our villa, the food was good.
As for the location, it is just a 3 minute walk to two of the main shopping strips in Seminyak - Jl Kayu Aya and Jl Seminyak. Because it is on the border of Kerobokan you get few tourists, and hence nobody bothers you on the streets.
The staff are courteous and professional although dont speak the best English so there was a bit of a language barrier with reception.
We had a brief look around the grounds, but there is not much to see, as it is a villa complex. We believe our front villa was probably one of the best.

I have been to Bali 6 times, and my partner 3. Bali Rich Villa is by far the best accomodation we have ever stayed in, be it in Bali, other parts of Asia or Australia.
Highly recommended.