“Was alright. Could be better.”

Bali Rich Luxury Villa
Ranked #132 of 434 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa at Bali Rich villas in November. They have very nice rooms and bathrooms with heaps of wardrobe space. Air con was noisy in both rooms. Great sized fridge outside, however the outdoor lounge area only has a 2 seater and a single seat for 4 adults. Also there is only 2 sun lounges which doesn’t make sense again when there is 4 people??
The breakfast in the morning was nice and they have a reasonable range on the a la cart menu. Would love to see a Cappuccino Machine.
The large pool is very uninviting as there is visible algae in most of it, so obviously that was avoided. There is also a well stocked bar here, but because no one was swimming in the poos, then no one bought any drinks.
There are 2 entries to the property with the old entry right on Jalan Kerobokan which is across the road from a mid-sized supermarket. This entry is also about 100 metres from "Geneva Store" heading west. Heading east, it is about 80 metres from where the Sunset Rd meets Jalan Kerobokan and the start of Jalan Oberoi. 10 minute’s walk to Seminyak Square and the nice restaurants such as Nirwana and Chandi. The main entrance is on the same road as the prison (About 1km away).
Overall, I think a few small things would really improve this place as it has a very nice feel about it and is in a pretty good location.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Intanboy

Reviewed November 28, 2012

My wife purchased two Five-Night stays at the Bali Rich Villas in Seminyak and our son and his partner had a break there before the crazy university exam period began in Melbourne. They raved about the great place and wonderful service.
My wife and I booked the second stint for November(2012) and were equally impressed. The Villas are spacious and clean. Each has its own cooking facilities and beautiful pool (around 6m x 3m in size but only guessing) or you can use the resort main pool near the restaurant/bar. The breakfasts are sumptuous with an a la carte choice.
Staff here are exceptionally friendly (even by Bali's high standard) and very efficient. They are the 'jewels in the crown' with nothing ever being considered too much trouble. A few minor issues with the Wifi or hot water outage and even bugs in the pool after a storm were attended to immediately and with a big Bali smile! The Operations Manager, Suramali is very hands on and together with the cleaners/waiters/drivers make the Bali Rich Villas a great choice.
Bali was never on my bucket list to be honest, however I will be back to Bali and definitely to Bali Rich.

Hint: If you are like me and prior to booking like to Google Earth a place for location and proximity etc this one can be confusing and in fact comes up as several listings in several locations. The Villas are located between Mertanadi and Kerobokan Streets north of Sunset Rd. The villas stretches and is accessible from both.
Hint2: Don't go home without eating at Sardine in Legian (see separate review) and get there by calling Wayun (also separate review coming ) Ask Wayan for his heartwarming story, particularly relevant if you are an Aussie. (and tell him Wayne told you) Wayan's number 081 338 999 757
Hint 3: Dont pack many clothes. Buy a few things there.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Wayne W
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I purchased a scoopon voucher to stay at bali rich for 5 nights and I was impressed by the size of the villa and by our very own private pool. The villa was a little run down (couple of cracks in wall) but it was very clean and tided very well everyday. The staff are very friendly and went out of their way to cater for your needs. I found the free shuttle service into Seminyak, Kuta and Legion easy to use and book (do need to find your own way back but they recommend which taxi service to use). Breaksfest is awesome and they are quite happy to serve it in your villa. Great place to stay if you want to shop and chill by the pool. Worth a visit to the spa as well, best massage I had in bali

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren O
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My partner and I recently used a 'scoopon' deal and stayed in a villa for a week. Needless to say we didn't want to leave. And we didn't for the first 2 days, $4AU room serviced cocktails, private pool, the all around service and relaxing nature of the villa was too good to waste. The rooms are quiet, private and the private pool was sensational. The staff were amazing. Catered to our every need with a warm smile. Room service prices were great. The meal options were also good as there was 2 places to eat on site, each with different menus. The breakfast menu had a good variety of meals. We were also shuttled to where ever we pleased each day.
This was our first visit to Bali and in talking with friends and family upon return, the main theme has been how awesome the room was. Would go back in a heartbeat.

2  Thank Bergerson33
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were in villa 101, 1 bedroom deluxe, huge shower and bathroom...bath we didn't use because it didn't have any hot water. Massive closet to hang things, but only 6 hangers. Huge canopy king bed. We were the furthest away from reception.

Our villa was next to the carpark for employees (very annoying) and next to the ribs terminal (restaurant on the property). We were asked at 9am and regular intervals on our coming and going (sometimes up to 5 back and forth trips a day whew!) if we would like a cocktail or beer, which became very annoying and my partner and I had bets to what they would offer.

The doors which were in the ads to open up to the pool were locked and reception could not open them with their keys or ours. The electricity turned off with warning the day after we arrived. The 7 day stay had many many outages, one went for 12 hours (overnight, and until midday) as well as a water outage at the same time which we asked 5 times for them to fix. I might add it was about 35Degrees and 97% humidity that day.

The curtains in the villa were not thick enough. Sun shined through them and we woke up as soon as the sun started to shine. (6am)

I would add that they went above and beyond when I lost my credit card in an ATM, they drove me to each CBA one. Maybe this is because they had swiped this card when we arrived at the hotel. They only use bluebird taxis. This is GOOD. It cost $3 AUD (metered)to the bottom of Kuta in 45 mins of traffic. Other hotels use the bartering taxis which are extremely unfair. Always use BlueBird.

We booked 7 nights, we arrived at the hotel at 12.05am Saturday and were told to check out 11am the following Friday, although it had been discussed to leave later. They attempted to charge us $120 to stay another 2 hrs (1pm) and didn't seem pleased for holding our bags. We spent the rest of the afternoon spending money elsewhere because of their rudeness.

The free breakfast was kind of boring but it was ok for a few random days in bed. However, we asked for our coffee to be from bottled water... This was not the case as we both came down with horrendus Bali Belly for two days before being able to eat another meal.. One of these days I might add was when the 12 hour electricity outage happened to our villa.

The gas stove outside did not work, we found a gecko dead in-between the doors inside. Cupboards under the sink smelt like and had mould inside of them. I mentioned earlier the bath had only cold water. The TV channel had very poor signal, only few channels could be watched. As far as I could see, 2 were in English.

The SPA. Was extremely expensive. A spa outside (5 mins walk) a massage for an hour cost AUD $5 but in Bali Rich cost $25 AUD.

Last note: Do not change your currency at the hotel. Their rates are very low compared to the better rates at the proper money exchangers on the street.

I would prefer to stay elsewhere if I go back...

Room Tip: Closer to the reception
1  Thank VANDDD
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This place doesn't even deserve 1 out of 5! I wish I could give it a minus 5 out of 5.

We booked a room at Bali Rich Seminyak for one night at $200 US a night. (not cheap)

We woke in the middle of the night to scurrying noises around the room. My partner sat up suddenly at once point, because something had jumped on his forehead and ran across the bed. I then saw 'something' jump from the lampshade on my bedside table onto the ground and across the floor. We rang reception and they came to have a look. They couldnt find anything. We tried to go back to sleep with the lights ON as I was so sick of being woken by noises and unable to see what it was (my partner thought it was a frog). I heard another noise shortly after and I woke to see a mouse tail hanging out of the lamp shade - right near my head! . Once again we called reception to let them know there were mice in the room. As they were coming to check, I saw another big black mouse run across the room into a hole in the wall. - There was was at least two mice in the villa and they looked like seriously manky, diseased mice and they were not scared of humans - they jumped onto my partners head for christ sake!

At 3am, we said we weren't staying there - NO WAY - so they booked us into their 'sister' hotel in Kuta, which was a TINY room in a small hotel, but at least there were no mice in sight. We went back to Bali Rich Villa the next day to sort out payment and not ONLY did they refuse to refund our money for their manky, mice ridden villa, they also made us pay full rate for the night at their sister hotel, which we got transferred to. They were unreasonable and unwilling to look after us or offer us any sort of refund or payment, despite the fact we had rodents in the room and had to pack up all our stuff at 3am in the morning and catch a taxi to Kuta to stay in accommodation that was not even close to the 'standard' of a NORMAL 5 star villa.. I was also more than 5 months pregnant and found the situation quite distressing.

This was not a 5 star villa. And we were not treated as five star guests.

I hope NO ONE stays in these villas and if they do, I certainly hope they aren't treated the same way we were.

DISGRACEFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Any room that doesn't have mice in it. If there are any.
6  Thank 1984Katie
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

would not recommend to anyone. The hotel is badly maintained. the shower was not working, and there were moulds. The toilet flush was broken. The wardrobe doors were fallung apart. The worst hotel u have ever stayed.

• Stayed: September 2012