As a family we have avoided travelling to Bali till now preferring most other parts of Asia especially Vietnam, Malaysia. Our trip to the Villas in January will definitely change our view about Bali, we're keen to come back soon.
We stayed in the newer 'Sunset' section of the resort which although away from the spa, is nice and close to the main thoroughfareie supermarket, cafes, warungs, restaurants, boutiques, homewares stores etc from which you can 'retail-therapy' yourself silly in between relaxing - if you are that way inclined.
We took up 2 villas - one for us and one for our teenage children, although the family villas we saw were plenty big and private enough for older families to share.
We stayed 3 nights but could have stayed more. The villa is so nice you really dont want to leave it during the day, especially when the alternative is to get covered in sand and sit in the hot sun when instead you can dip into a lovely pool and order drinks, read books, watch cable and generally do nothing but plan dinner that night. The photos do not do the resort justice - we were blown away, and we have stayed at very nice resorts around the world
The staff come to the villa and use the outdoor kitchen to prepare a fresh b'fast as specified. The local b'fast is nice to try. They also can do a BBQ - its more hotel priced, and its very full on in food - so leave it till your last night. We jumped in the first night and were rolling on our tums all night.
The bathroom is huge, only small criticism is the bath is not real comfortable although looks impressive. The flower bath is amazing - not what I thought it would be at all. make sure you have one, but leave time as its takes them a while to set up.
The Prana spa was the least impressive part of our experience - the 30 min complementary treatment was forgetttable, in practice it was 15 mins shorter and not really an entree to other services. Most of the budget seems to have gone on the decor rather than the service. The transfer there was longer than the treatment, and frankly not worth it. In contrast the Chill refelxology centre across the road is great - I was tingling all over, discovered it a bit late into the trip, otherwise would have been there daily.
You could easily stay here 5 days and lap up the luxury and seclusion. It feels like you are the only ones in the hotel - which is what we loved about it. The Bali Villas is a special place to spoil yourself
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our exclusive accommodation offers privacy and luxury with all the conveniences of a full service hotel. Every one, two or three bedroom Villa has its own private swimming pool. We're located in the heart of Seminyak, one of Bali's trendiest areas; walking distance to dozens of fabulous restaurants and shops, yet once within The Villas grounds that has 24 hour security, it is extremely quiet and private. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Fastbooking, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, ACCOR, Prestigia, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Villas Bali Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Villas Bali Hotel And Spa
- The Villas Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Hotel Bali
- The Villas Bali Hotel & Spa Seminyak