“Wonderful Bali retreat!”

Ranked #22 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Melbourne, Australia
“Wonderful Bali retreat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2008

My girlfriends and I were visiting Bali and had heard that Seminyak was the best part of town. WOW! We stayed in a 2-bedroom villa at the Villas Bali and it was absolutely fantastic.
The villa was HUGE, stylish, beautiful gardens, exceptional staff. The courtesy cars were fantastic and were happy to take us anywhere. Three chefs came in each morning to cook breakfast for us - perfect luxury and great food. I cannot recommend it highly enough. I travel 4-5 times a year Internationally and I can't remember having had such a wonderful experience. I'll be bringing my husband back next time.

Stayed October 2008
2 Thank HappyWorldTraveller8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
turnhout
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2008

We're just back from our two week honeymoon to the Villas in Bali. It was really great. The Villas are very nice decorated, very clean and the swimming pool and garden are absolutely fabulous. Also the staff of the Villas are very helpfull and friendly. We would recommend the restaurant Manneken Pis, that is just at the corner of the main street. It's a Belgian restaurant and the food is really delicious there.

• Liked — the swimming pool and the friendly staff
  • Disliked — the mosquitos
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2008

I have been relying on Tripadvisor reviews for a long time, but I have never written a review... until now. I feel that this hotel deserves recognition for the fantastic stay that we had. My husband and I stayed in a 1-bedroom villa for my 30th birthday. The villa was outstanding in every way. The first day that we arrived, we just hung out in the villa all day, swimming and listening to the music that the hotel provides in the CD player. They have wine and other drinks/food stocked, and they are surprisingly very reasonably priced. I am a big planner, but this trip was a surprise from my husband so we had no real set plans regarding places to eat and go. We relied solely on the hotel for recommendations, and they never lead us astray for romantic dinner locations or shopping areas in Bali. They promptly called cabs whenever we needed them, and if our cab didn't arrive w/in 5 minutes, the hotel drove us in their private car to our destination.
The villa itself is gorgeous, and if total privacy is your goal...this is the place to stay. You can open up all the doors to the villa to really get the feel of the beautiful nature of Bali. Make sure to bring mosquito repellant though. The hotel also provides a mosquito repellant candle-like thing that I didn't see until we were on our way out. The breakfasts were great ~ just the right size. We tried a different one everyday. I am always leery of the water, so I didn't drink the coffee or juice until the last day. I was fine as it seems they use the big purified water jug provided in the villa to make these drinks. We also got services at the spa. My husband got a traditional relaxing massage and was very pleased. I wanted to be a little adventurous, so I opted for the hot and cold stones. Never again! The cold stones were freezing and would shock me out of submission and relaxation.
One last note... we enjoyed the music that the Villa provided in the CD players so much that we were tempted to buy the CD from the hotel. They sell it for around $17 USD in the lobby (and even higher at the spa), but I was able to buy the entire CD on itunes when we returned home for $9.99.

• Liked — Villa pool, villa decor, privacy, private pool and in-house breakfast
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank buckybee
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2008

We stayed for 10 nights at a one bedroom villa in the sunset section. We loved everything about it and would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in Seminyak. It is about a 1.5km (1mile) walk to the beach (at Seminyak), but the Villas run a shuttle service if you don't fancy the exercise. Close to shops and restaurants and especially the Bintang Supermarket.
Having breakfast cooked in your villa was a real buzz, but its also worth taking the morning shuttle to try the Prana Restaurant for a bit of variety, the evening meals there were also quite adequate, and the decor is unique.
The rooms themselves are very comfortable, plenty of space and great facilities (maxi-bar fridge, chilled filtered water on tap). The indoor/outdoor bathroom is great, with a huge bath and a pebble floor. The best part is the outdoor garden/pool area, with a reasonable sized pool even in the one bedroom villa. The gardens are beautiful and exquisitely maintained, as is everything else in the villas and complex.
Mosquitoes can be a slight problem after dark for those who are susceptible, so don't forget the Aerogard. The villas Bali is just about the best place we have ever stayed.

• Liked — The private pool and garden.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Aussiguys
Western Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2008

WOW ! This place is absolutley great, we stayed in a 2 bed villa, in the Sunset section, it was spotlessley clean, the gardens and pool were lovely. It was really great to go out and do all the Bali stuff and come back to this little tranquil garden where nobody disturbed you and you didnt have to share the pool with a thousand other people. I had read an earlier review about the drive up to the hotel being a bit worrying - which was lucky - thanks to that reviewer :-) but they were right dont panic you turn the corner into the villas and its peacfull and very quiet. The staff are wonderfull and very helpfull. I will certainly be going back there ASAP !!!

• Liked — I loved everything !
  • Disliked — Nothing !
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
6 Thank Wherenext67
Lancashire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2008

The pool was the best I have ever had for a 1 bed villa, a swimming pool as opposed to plunge pool: 10 metres or so, nice and wide, nice and deep. The garden as absolutely private and even though I think there was some maintenance being done nearby, I felt very relaxed and peaceful here.
The villa is upside down and inside out- the kitchen outside, living room upstairs, bedroom downstairs & indoors and the outdoor bathroom behind. But the layout works really well for Bali. The villas are not brand new, but mine was in good condition, and perfectly clean and tidy. Definitely take some CDs (there is no iPod plug), enjoy a cold drink and relax!
The service is good, all the staff pay attention but don't intrude. I had a spa package which was great - really good value when inclusive, and the treatments were beautifully done. One word of warning: you get these paper-pants to wear in the spa and I would reckon a lady over a UK 16 would struggle to fit them! Ditto the bra top you get for the plunge pools at the spa.
The food at the Prana restaurant was tasty. Nothing amazing, but a good quality and fresh. There is also a supermarket/ deli opposite the Villas so you can always make a nice meal in your villa if you want to. There are a lot of trips available through the hotel if you want to explore the area, and it's easy to walk along to the shops in Seminyak. Basically if you like being pampered but not fussed over, and you like privacy, this is a great choice. Few photos attached.

• Liked — Pool... great size.
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
9 Thank Rachy20154
hobart
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2008

We enjoyed our experience from the moment we walked out of the airport terminal they were there waiting for us took our bags and showed us to our transport we were then given cold towels and a drink. On our arrival to our villas it was quick and efficient. When could not believe how nice the villas are even better than n the photos.

The service was awesome they service the rooms twice daily, the shuttle service provided between the different villas is great and if you are having a treatment at the Prana Spa they will take you over there or if you decide to go to the restuarant for Breakfast instead of in your villa they do the transfer also.

The sunset villas are further away but it is so quite and well worth being out of the hussell and bussell, if you did not meet the shuttle to Kuta it was only 20000 rup in taxi so cheap.

We had a three bedroom villas as there was a group but we did inspection in the others and they were all spacious and just as nice.

I would highly recomend to any one! myself being a travel agent and i did alot of inspections through out Baliduring my trip this is by far my favorite if you are looking for a villa with remarkable service and ambience that you will not forget.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends