I just got back after spending 9 days at the Villas. The place is amazing and I loved every moment there. The breakfast in the mornings were mostly excellent (I strongly suggest anything from the Indonesian menu or the Japanese breaky). I stayed in a 1 bedroom villa and my friends were in a 2 bedroom one. Bother were excellent, however the 2 bedroom was much better (obviously with twice the space).
If you have the chance, go have breakfast in the restaurant. While it's not as awesome as ordering it in your villa and having a swim while they cook breakfast, the staff are very friendly and great to chat too. They were always happy to teach us the local lingo and point us in the direction of something interesting to see.
The one bedroom had an open air lounge room we barely used as it was a little too warm at times where as the 2 bedder had an enclosed one (and a third toilet).
The service levels was amazing (although to be frank it seemed to be standard in Bali). We didn't realise our door bell was broken (could only hear it in the bedroom). Came home one day and when the door bell rang it suddenly worked. One of the cleaners realised a light fitting was slightly broken and sent someone to repair it that day. My friends were listening to the stereo through their iphone. The cable wasn't working properly. One of the staff members went into Denpasar and bought a new one and returned 30 minutes later running in while still unwrapping it.
I'm going to be nit picky here and list the only negatives I found during my stay:
* The slippers. We has a pair of old slippers that had been clearly worn before. This wasn't the turn off, what was the turn off was you could clearly see the dead skin left by others. They needed to be laundered between guests or Rp10,000 spent on a new pair.
* There is no closet space. You basically will be living out of your suitcase. There's a small area to hang things but some reworking of the bedroom to include a closet would be a plus.
* The staff at times were overly friendly to the point of being uncomfortable. I stayed on the original site and in order to leave you needed to walk past reception. Every single staff member would say hello as you passed them. The reception staff would walk out of the reception when they saw you coming and great you. At times I felt like I was in the beginning of a horror movie.
* Lack of resupplies. We had milk in our fridge when we arrived. In the 9 days this was never replaced. It wasn't a big issue as the Deli across the road (which is amazing btw) had some. Also I had a tea and coffee box which was never restocked. My friends in the other villa never had a tea and coffee box for the entire stay. It's only a little thing but it's kind of strange considering the extent they went to on other things.
* I found the bed a little hard.
* The wifi is intermittent. I don't mean the internet (which was ordinary at best) but the wifi connection on all my devices would drop out on a regular basis. I stuck to my 3G connection (Telkomsel is pretty decent).
As you can see these are small issues.
Also a comment on the comments about the other properties. I didn't stay on the other properties but they were within a clear proximity of the original resort. One was next door and the other was literally 100 metres away. They were all on Kunti 1 and within 2 minutes walk of each other. None of this crap about being forced to walk through dodgy alleyways. Kunti 1 is like every other street in Bali, uneven awful footpaths where you need to walk single file.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our exclusive accommodation offers privacy and luxury with all the conveniences of a full service hotel. Every one, two or three bedroom Villa has its own private swimming pool. We're located in the heart of Seminyak, one of Bali's trendiest areas; walking distance to dozens of fabulous restaurants and shops, yet once within The Villas grounds that has 24 hour security, it is extremely quiet and private. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Fastbooking, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Villas Bali Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Villas Bali Hotel And Spa
- The Villas Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Hotel Bali
- The Villas Bali Hotel & Spa Seminyak